New Pet Peeve: People who assume when guys hit 40 they look like shit.

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
Witness to the numerous posts on here re celebs like "Rob Lowe is 46 and still looks hot" or Mike Rowe is 47 and is still hot"....why does everyone think that when you hit 40 you get fat and out of shape and ugly and dumpy looking? I know plenty of men in their 40's and even 50's who look alot better than some guys in their 20's. Believe it or not if you work out and take care of yourself you can look good after 40..LOL

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Witness to the numerous posts on here re celebs like "Rob Lowe is 46 and still looks hot" or Mike Rowe is 47 and is still hot"....why does everyone think that when you hit 40 you get fat and out of shape and ugly and dumpy looking? I know plenty of men in their 40's and even 50's who look alot better than some guys in their 20's. Believe it or not if you work out and take care of yourself you can look good after 40..LOL
I couldn't agree more........52 and still going strong.

D

deleted136887

Well @ least when I hit 50 I stopped giving a F*&^# what people think, I still am in better shape that most of the sub 40's and a lot of the sub 30's where I work. It's not so difficult eating healthy, and getting in some exersize.

D_Randy_Cox

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Age 51. Got my first tattoo and piercing, a PA.
Age 52. Decided that 250 lbs on a 6'1" body was not okay.
Started bicycling to job and home and gradually worked up to a 2 hour trip home every day.
Age 53. Lost 30 lbs and still going. 4 months later down to 185 lbs.
Had to give up cycling due to drivers on roads but started swimming.
NOW age 55 still at about 195 but swim 2 miles a day.
Added another major tattoo and a few piercings along the way but much healthier and happier. I see lots of younger guys in really bad shape at gym and wish I could tell them what's coming but they'd never listen anyway.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
when you hit 40 you get fat and out of shape and ugly and dumpy looking? I know plenty of men in their 40's and even 50's who look alot better than some guys in their 20's. Believe it or not if you work out and take care of yourself you can look good after 40..LOL

Fuck you, gay men don't get old and fat. I'm just sayin'.
:rolleyes:

Mastur

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm turning 38 and people gauge my age to be 26-28. I attribute it to attitude. Sure, good genes probably come into play too, but to me age is just a number. I always say; I'm as young as the woman I feel... up...

Last edited:

thebuck

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm well into being 48 and I still have a 29" waist. I have hair on my head (though some grays) and I still get compliments from many. I'm a firm believer that age is just a number and as long as you take care of yourself and don't overdue anything, you will age gracefully. Oh, I must also admit that I won't wear stupid outfits that I could easily get away with when I was 20 but would look silly on me now. Instead I wear, designer jeans and tailored suits on top of imported shirts so though I'm no spring chicken, I still have a ways to go before I'm "old".

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm turning 38 and people gauge my age to be 26-28. I attribute it to attitude. Sure, good genes probably come into play too, but to me age is just a number. I always say; I'm as young as the woman I feel... up...

Turning 38 this year as well and people rarely believe my age. If you take care of yourself, you can look good at any age.

As far as actors go, we have to be mindful that we rarely see them without make up.

hungthickone

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm well into being 48 and I still have a 29" waist. I have hair on my head (though some grays) and I still get compliments from many. I'm a firm believer that age is just a number and as long as you take care of yourself and don't overdue anything, you will age gracefully. Oh, I must also admit that I won't wear stupid outfits that I could easily get away with when I was 20 but would look silly on me now. Instead I wear, designer jeans and tailored suits on top of imported shirts so though I'm no spring chicken, I still have a ways to go before I'm "old".

I am 48 and it does take more work to maintain a muscled body , but its nice to still look as good or better than most are at 35. And your right about the clothes, its just maturing one's taste. We should all do that!
(would someone please put an age limit on women';s short shorts with 'fresh' or 'juicy" emblazened across the ass!)say maybe 16yo
Ahnd no matter how old you are, never iron a crease in your jeans. arghhhh!
Ohh , and btw, the penis dosent age at all! Rant done.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
.... why does everyone think that when you hit 40 you get fat and out of shape and ugly and dumpy looking? ...

I think it's a juvenile way of looking at things and understand it being a pet peeve, but don't take it too seriously. I'm in my sixties and still have plenty of guys and gals tell me that I'm hot, even studly. Of course there are plenty of others who think otherwise, I just avoid the ones that find me repulsive and enjoy myself with those who like my looks.

Attachments

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've never been attracted to young men, even when I was one. I don't have a daddy complex, although many have accused me of it. I just like mature, virile, masculine men. There are not many 20 and 30 somethings that remotely qualify as mature, virile, and masculine. One of the three qualities, maybe. But rarely -- if ever -- all three.

I just ignore the "youth" obsessed. Over dinner recently I noticed how The Squeeze is changing into a ruggedly handsome man that I find sexier now than when I met him. He doesn't see it, but he appreciates the attention he receives from others that do see it.

I've got a great friend and occasional fuck buddy who is 81. Maybe older, not sure. He swims laps (lots of them) twice a day, has a full head of shocking white straight hair, a few wrinkles, stands about 6'4", has great skin tone, no sagging man tits on this grandpa, and he's a retired industrial designer who still consults for Daimler. Josep has no trouble getting laid by lots of younger men who know a good thing when they see it. He's got a nice cock, too. And it works just fine.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
We live in a youth-obsessed culture. I've heard people say that life is over at 25. What you are supposed to do the next 75 years? LOL.

People are living longer than ever before, but what's considered the maximum age of youth seems to be decreasing a year a year (used to be 35, now 25?). There is no maximum age for youth anyways. I'm as old as I want to be. Age is a state of mind.

I know 50 year-olds who look a lot better than 20 year-olds.

Last edited:

Mikey35

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw a study saying men hit their sexiest at around 40.
Women hit it at 18.......
Obvious sexist overtones aside, Theres hope for me yet.

Yeah this is very true. You can see it clearly with chimpanzee's, which maps perfectly onto early human activity, which still partly forms of our modern views of the world. Its down to inbuilt genetic attraction to the alpha male of the group, who would then mate with the most fertile females (youngest).

This then followed on to early human activity, where the older males in general were more intelligent, as they had good hunting and survival knowledge (to make it to old age), and so would be a desireable mate.

So we are genetically predisposed to find older men more attractive, due to seeing them as wise, and successful at surviving life to the age that they are at.

Sorry to get all technical :rolleyes: I did some of this kinda thing in psychology back at university.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Don't even think about it. Find something worthy to be peeved about.

I looked like shit long before I hit 40.

dc46064

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

I could have not said it better myself. I just turned 50 a month ago. Most people guess me to be 32-35 all the time. My oldest child is 32 this year. I still have a 29 waist and weigh a 132lbs. Have to say the hair is gone, but that left in my 20's, glad a shaved head is good. Age is just a number.