New photos

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ashlar@Dec 23 2004, 06:40 AM
I'll take ya backstage tripod ... or perhaps in a private balcony ... or ... ;)
[post=269275]Quoted post[/post]​

*Mme_zora tucks opera glasses stealthily into her bosom*

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora+Dec 23 2004, 02:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Dec 23 2004, 02:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ashlar@Dec 23 2004, 06:40 AM
I&#39;ll take ya backstage tripod ... or perhaps in a private balcony ... or ... ;)

[post=269284]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

*grabs and waves tripod&#39;s sex over the lead vocalists head while making a mad, nude dash for the backstage area*

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ashlar+Dec 23 2004, 07:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ashlar &#064; Dec 23 2004, 07:48 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by madame_zora@Dec 23 2004, 02:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-ashlar
@Dec 23 2004, 06:40 AM
I&#39;ll take ya backstage tripod ... or perhaps in a private balcony ... or ... ;)

[post=269284]Quoted post[/post]​

*grabs and waves tripod&#39;s sex over the lead vocalists head while making a mad, nude dash for the backstage area*
[post=269290]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I never knew opera was this entertaining&#33;

Oh yeah, all jokes aside, I&#39;m an opera enthusiast too. I was trained vocally in Italian, but never performed in a live opera. It did come in handy for solo and ensemble contest though. I am a first soprano working on my alto range. I also have a three octave range, although my alto could use a bit more power.

TripodMillenium: ((hmmm... I wonder what range I would be if my asthma didn&#39;t make singing very difficult..... Especially since even my normal voice has a wide natural range throughout the day....))

TripodMillenium: Heh.... if only I could host recordings of my voice in different stages.... :p

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always wished there were some sort of electrodes that could be hooked up to my brain so people could hear what I was hearing in my head instead of what my actual voice was doing&#33;

TripodMillenium: The funny thing is that my mental voiceover and my own voice are often in agreement....

But they both go through weird stuff like getting higher when I&#39;m tired... and in the morning.... and lower when I&#39;m wound up, confident, enjoying myself a good bit, or in the evening...

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always like hearing people sing, it&#39;s so personal and seems to reveal something more about a person&#39;s individuality that the spoken word just doesn&#39;t do. It doesn&#39;t surprise me much that your voice would reflect your moods, or even how you&#39;re feeling. Pretty cool stuff.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@Dec 23 2004, 09:12 AM
Just based on looks alone I would guess you as a baritone. Don&#39;t know if that&#39;s just wishful thinking...
[post=269321]Quoted post[/post]​
My vocal coach says that she can look at a person and tell which vocal part they sing. That has always facinated me&#33; I usually sing Baritone but have been known to sing Second Tenor and First Bass on many occasions as well. :D

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jeepwranglerboi+Dec 23 2004, 09:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeepwranglerboi &#064; Dec 23 2004, 09:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Dec 23 2004, 09:12 AM
Just based on looks alone I would guess you as a baritone. Don&#39;t know if that&#39;s just wishful thinking...
[post=269321]Quoted post[/post]​
My vocal coach says that she can look at a person and tell which vocal part they sing. That has always facinated me&#33; I usually sing Baritone but have been known to sing Second Tenor and First Bass on many occasions as well. :D
[post=269434]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Ooh, I love a broad range baritone more than anything. Once in a while a person will have a singing voice that does not match their apparent body type, but I can usually guess pretty close. There are exceptional singers in all ranges, but I find the baritone range most often appealing. Then again, I love Jon Anderson from Yes and Peter Steele from Type O Negative, and they are at opposite ends of the spectrum&#33;

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@Dec 23 2004, 04:51 PM

Ooh, I love a broad range baritone more than anything. Once in a while a person will have a singing voice that does not match their apparent body type, but I can usually guess pretty close. There are exceptional singers in all ranges, but I find the baritone range most often appealing. Then again, I love Jon Anderson from Yes and Peter Steele from Type O Negative, and they are at opposite ends of the spectrum&#33;
[post=269444]Quoted post[/post]​

I miss being able to sing. When I was little I was first chair soprano in the choir at school. Then when I hit 13 my voice changed 2 times, at 14 it changed again, then again at 16. I used to be able to sing higher notes than Mariah Carey.

Scary stuff.

Now ... I can&#39;t sing for shit.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by ashlar+Dec 26 2004, 11:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ashlar &#064; Dec 26 2004, 11:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Dec 23 2004, 04:51 PM

[post=269444]Quoted post[/post]​

I miss being able to sing. When I was little I was first chair soprano in the choir at school. Then when I hit 13 my voice changed 2 times, at 14 it changed again, then again at 16. I used to be able to sing higher notes than Mariah Carey.

Scary stuff.

Now ... I can&#39;t sing for shit.
[post=269960]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Oh Ashlar, I am so disappointed. I was sure you were going to tell us about your super range in singing. But.... at least you enjoy the thought of going to the opera

I have just been amazed at this thread. I could see artistic talent abounding everywhere. Now is see the source. All this artistic talent.

I was a music major in college. Piano major. I don&#39;t sing that well. At least no one asks me to sing and they do ask me to play the piano. Not that I didn&#39;t take voice lessons. I managed to pass the voice profiency test singing an Italian aria and a French aria. I played Mozart Concerto in D minor , a Beethoven Sonata and two Chopin pieces on my senior recital.

I agree that for men the baritone voice is the best. A good baritone can sing most of the tenor and most of the bass and has the best solo voice. High tenors add so much to the ensemble, but usually don&#39;t have as good of solo voices as the baritones.

Same is true of women. The mezzo-sopranos usually have the best solo voices particularly if they have wide range.

DMW, I would love to hear you sing. I wondered why you knew so many languages. Now I know.

And don&#39;t worry about your voice Ashlar. First I suspect that you didn&#39;t know what to do when your voice changed. I bet you could be taught to sing beautifully. But one thing is for sure. You are artistic and have great literary skills. The likes of which I just drool to have. You use those words that require a dictionary from time to time. I love reading your posts.

If I were your age and not married........but I am married with a son your age, and you have Herble. So we won&#39;t go there.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Freddie53@Dec 26 2004, 11:51 PM

Oh Ashlar, I am so disappointed. I was sure you were going to tell us about your super range in singing. But.... at least you enjoy the thought of going to the opera

I have just been amazed at this thread. I could see artistic talent abounding everywhere. Now is see the source. All this artistic talent.

I was a music major in college. Piano major. I don&#39;t sing that well. At least no one asks me to sing and they do ask me to play the piano. Not that I didn&#39;t take voice lessons. I managed to pass the voice profiency test singing an Italian aria and a French aria. I played Mozart Concerto in D minor , a Beethoven Sonata and two Chopin pieces on my senior recital.

I agree that for men the baritone voice is the best. A good baritone can sing most of the tenor and most of the bass and has the best solo voice. High tenors add so much to the ensemble, but usually don&#39;t have as good of solo voices as the baritones.

Same is true of women. The mezzo-sopranos usually have the best solo voices particularly if they have wide range.

DMW, I would love to hear you sing. I wondered why you knew so many languages. Now I know.

And don&#39;t worry about your voice Ashlar. First I suspect that you didn&#39;t know what to do when your voice changed. I bet you could be taught to sing beautifully. But one thing is for sure. You are artistic and have great literary skills. The likes of which I just drool to have. You use those words that require a dictionary from time to time. I love reading your posts.

If I were your age and not married........but I am married with a son your age, and you have Herble. So we won&#39;t go there.
[post=269966]Quoted post[/post]​

Well ... after my voice went and I realized I really couldnt sing anymore I focused more on playing flute ... then I learned piccolo, then oboe, then tenor sax, and now i&#39;m playing violin. So all&#39;s well that ends well I suppose.
I wanted to be a music major myself ... however the university here only offers music as a minor, thus I decided to major in english and minor in music.

Reactions: PopularTongue

TripodMillenium: If you lived near me.... you could go to my college.....

They have music majors.... ;) lol

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by TripodMillenium@Dec 27 2004, 01:38 AM
If you lived near me.... you could go to my college.....

They have music majors.... ;) lol
[post=269976]Quoted post[/post]​

Sadly I don&#39;t ;(

contranimal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by ashlar@Dec 27 2004, 06:34 AM
Well ... after my voice went and I realized I really couldnt sing anymore I focused more on playing flute ... then I learned piccolo, then oboe, then tenor sax, and now i&#39;m playing violin. So all&#39;s well that ends well I suppose.
I wanted to be a music major myself ... however the university here only offers music as a minor, thus I decided to major in english and minor in music.
[post=269973]Quoted post[/post]​

what about my cello ... or is that just sitting in a corner somewhere now.