New Pics

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by B_boynextdoorkpt, Apr 24, 2008.

1. B_boynextdoorkpt

B_boynextdoorkpt New Member

I added some more pics in my gallery, I feel like we are becoming friends, I added a pic of our house in Charleston and our main house on Isle of Palms, and a view of some pics I took of the beach. I love taking pics. Let me know what you think!
    Landon

2. cilla

cilla New Member

Hey, I follow your comments with interest, but this time--I have to comment back. IF these pictures of yours ARE genuine--take them off now!!! You are asking for trouble, you will have maybe NOT the type of Guy that you would like, turning up on your doorstep!!!

3. B_boynextdoorkpt

I did not put my house number on either one. Is that ok?

4. cilla

cilla New Member

Well, not really. You are young and nieve, I suspect, as well as very attractive. I t would not take Sherlock Holmes to track you down from the information you are giving away. I am in the UK and I am worried about you ---That's all.

5. B_boynextdoorkpt

I will take them off, I am sorry.
    landon

6. cilla

cilla New Member

Thank You so much, I shall sleep much better tonight now.

7. B_boynextdoorkpt

I am sorry I upset you.
    Landon

8. cilla

cilla New Member

I am only thinking of you Landon, its too late when you are confronted by someone who's intentions maybe undesireable---Then what?

9. LongRod

LongRod New Member

Nice house-- both of them. Even nicer are the four dogs. You are getting good advise. It is best to remove the photos of the houses

10. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Am I missing something. I dont see any full on shots of a house just view from balcony and dogs in a yard, great dogs, :smile:

11. Freddie53

Gold Member

You have a wonderful attitude. The problem with the houses aren't bad people who live far away on another planet. They are the people who live within five or ten miles of your house that you really don't want to meet ever that are the problem to avoid.

You are making a wonderful member here. I wish everyone had the good attitude that you exhibit.

12. AG08

Gold Member

Hey Landon,

You seem like a great guy, but please be careful about how much information you give away about yourself. I'm going to echo what some other posters have said here about dangerous mentally unstable people out there that you DO NOT want to meet. From the information you have given out about yourself, it would be very easy to track you down.

I reveal very little about myself online for a reason. I had a situation about 18 years ago where a guy was stalking me (this was long before the Internet became popular - I think with today's online world it could easily become more common place). It got pretty damn scary, and I had to go to the police about this guy. I was even to the point that I was enquiring about getting a gun (legally) to protect myself - that's how scared I was! I come from a country that doesn't have a big gun culture and gun control is quite strict. I have never even held a gun before let alone own or shoot one, and I never thought that I would ever want one. I think this should illustrate to you how terrified I was. This guy (whoever he was - I still don't know) insisted that we were friends before and that his motivation was out of friendship. I made it clear to him over the phone that I didn't know him or wish to know him (he left his number taped to my door in residence at university). A few days later a lot of freaky things started happening and at one point he showed up with a bunch of other guys looking for me at my residence. Thank God I wasn't home!!!! My residence flat mate told me that these guys seemed quite scary looking and asked me if I owed money to anyone. I jokingly (and honestly) responded "not unless Visa is sending out hitmen". I confronted this freak show on the phone again, and again he inisisted that he was sure we were friends from before and that his intentions were pure. After about the 3rd bizzare incident I went to the police. They ran all of the information I had on this guy, and I found out that he was lying about everything he told me (big surprise). After these guys showed up at my residence, I left town for a couple of days to stay with my sister. After talking to the police again, they told me to confront him one last time over the telephone and let him know that the police were aware of him and what he was doing. I did that and thankfully he got the message and backed off - I never heard from him again. If it had continued, I was prepared to press harassment charges against him and proceed with the process to acquire a gun legally for protection. When you feel your life is in danger, it is terrifying and you will do whatever is needed to protect yourself. Shortly after this incident I also started taking Tae Kwon Do lessons at my university. I had to use the skills I learned there a couple of times to protect myself from drunken assholes, but those stories are for another thread.

Cheers Landon. Take care and be careful out there. Not everyone has pure intentions and they would be more than willing to exploit your good natured and trusting personality. Feel free to PM me.

Draft saved Draft deleted