New President of the EU: Fear-monger Al Gore = dipshit.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thank you Vaclav Klaus! It’s about time the world is let in on showing Al Gore for what he really is! :wink:

A fiery Czech is poised to be the face of Europe - International Herald Tribune

"He has blamed what he calls the misguided fight against global warming for contributing to the international financial crisis, branded Al Gore an "apostle of arrogance" for his role in that fight, and accused the European Union of acting like a Communist state.

A fervent critic of the environmental movement, he has called global warming a dangerous "myth," arguing that the fight against climate change threatens economic growth."

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
neocons :rolleyes:

On the one hand you wish to destroy science, on the other, countries who "own" the resource of your national security.

I guess double standards are two times too hard for you. Divide and rool :wink:

D

deleted213967

neocons :rolleyes:

On the one hand you wish to destroy science, on the other, countries who "own" the resource of your national security.

I guess double standards are two times too hard for you. Divide and rool :wink:

Alas, although the science (sciences really) of climate change is getting harder to refute by the day, there is little doubt that short-term economic comfort will take precedence over climate change mitigation, no matter who is at the helm.

There are many steps we can take towards eco-friendliness that won't require massive sacrifices: across-the-board waste reduction is one of them.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
A czech?

Really? that's the best you can do? A guy who's entire country is an ecological disaster zone?

Maybe you should go LIVE there for a while and eat the dioxin contaminated food that comes from having ZERO environmental regulation?

Global warming deniers are as ignorant and dangerous as holocaust deniers.

And, BTW... actually ... there are TWO ways of addressing global warming... cutting back...which will hurt...

And BUILDING NEW- that is, putting the pedal to the metal in new infrastructure and new technologies to give us JUST as much power, from cleaner sources, as rapidly as possible.

The latter solution not only stimulates the economy, it is the only way we will really be able to AFFORD to address global warming.

The global economic crisis may well be the NECESSARY event to precipitate real and effective action on this front.

Prior to this, the low cost of oil was what stymied development of clean alternatives...
The peaking of oil production and the exponentially increasing demand from Asia and India will finally make a green alternative fiscally sound.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I wonder if the OP read the whole article. Vaclav Klaus is a crank. He has called for the EU to be 'scrapped', cozyed up to Putin, and was forced to resign as Prime Minister in 1997 for corruption.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can somebody explain how the harmful greenhouse effects, toxins in food, mercury in fish, etc. etc., continue to wreak havoc on us, yet life expectancies continue to increase year after year? The Al Gore scientists are in one camp, and an equally qualified camp of scientists are in complete disagreement.

Who is to say which is correct? Al Gore?

D

deleted213967

Can somebody explain how the harmful greenhouse effects, toxins in food, mercury in fish, etc. etc., continue to wreak havoc on us, yet life expectancies continue to increase year after year? The Al Gore scientists are in one camp, and an equally qualified camp of scientists are in complete disagreement.

Who is to say which is correct? Al Gore?

Al Gore himself frames the problem in terms of trade-off between today's comfort vs. tomorrow's crisis.

We have yet to feel the full fury of the planet when this global fever reaches its apex.

The problem with CO2 is that once the emissions reach a point of no return, we will be unable to reverse their disastrous effect.

One promising solution is eco-engineering but the science is still in its infancy.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Al Gore himself frames the problem in terms of trade-off between today's comfort vs. tomorrow's crisis.

We have yet to feel the full fury of the planet when this global fever reaches its apex.

The problem with CO2 is that once the emissions reach a point of no return, we will be unable to reverse their disastrous effect.

One promising solution is eco-engineering but the science is still in its infancy.

Given the age of our earth, in what context is tomorrow?

D

deleted213967

Given the age of our earth, in what context is tomorrow?

Tomorrow is before your kids are old enough to retire.

What freaks out scientists the most is all those positive feedback loops that greatly accelerate the damage.

Jl2017

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Global warming deniers are as ignorant and dangerous as holocaust deniers.

Agreed.

Even if Global Warming is a bunch of "Bull Shit" (that is a possibility with the right amount of research and evidence, who knows... I'm open to it)...But Damn man. Think of all the Billions of People all over the world (America & China) that are Dying and have cancer and diseases from car fumes, exhaust, and Pollution. That is Undeniable Evidence. If you live near a high traffic street you are 28% more likely to develop lung and asthma problems.

Protesting laws and measures against Pollution is like protesting laws and measures against Theft, Murder, and Vandalism... Why?

uniqueusername

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Agreed.

Even if Global Warming is a bunch of "Bull Shit" (that is a possibility with the right amount of research and evidence, who knows... I'm open to it)...But Damn man. Think of all the Billions of People all over the world (America & China) that are Dying and have cancer and diseases from car fumes, exhaust, and Pollution. That is Undeniable Evidence. If you live near a high traffic street you are 28% more likely to develop lung and asthma problems.

Protesting laws and measures against Pollution is like protesting laws and measures against Theft, Murder, and Vandalism... Why?

It's undeniable? Show me one person. One REAL person, with a name and face and coffin, whose death can be traced directly and without a shadow of a doubt to car fumes or exhaust and did not involve either suicide or carbon monoxide poisoning.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Is it a law in the good ol' USofA that you can't be a republican & believe that global warming exists? :rolleyes:

Can’t speak for everybody but in my case there’s two sides to this coin and I’m sick of wacky hypocrites like Al Snore pretending there is only one. It doesn’t matter how many real experts (unlike most of those he quotes) say there is no evidence supporting his fear-mongering, he continues jumping on a private jet to fly around the world telling anybody that will listen the sky is falling.

Make no mistake, I am an ardent supporter of new, cleaner, renewable technologies and they are coming fast now due to the work of those like me, but we gotta remember the world economy is based on oil and other things we currently use and macroeconomics dictate a prudent change, let alone technology/infrastructure hurdles still to be overcome.

This is another thing that bothers me about Obama and his gross lack of reality, that or he knows reality and knows the Obamabots are dumb enough to believe his deceit. His grandstanding claiming America will be “energy independent in 10 years” was pure and simple bullshit but it was obviously good enough too sell to enough suckers to put him in power. Anybody that actually believed that is in for a great letdown because it ain’t happening.

I don’t care what any of these idiots say, “change” is coming no matter what and the world isn’t gonna melt in the meantime, nor should anybody be held hostage to things like fucking carbon credits and other very-costly wacky things of that nature until we see it.

Last edited: