NEW RADIOHEAD - pay what you want - what did you pay?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
New Radiohead... I'm about to download. Wanted to research what artists normally make on an album, and go from there...

Those here that downloaded, what'd ya pay? Feel free to use your home currency... converter found here: Currency Converter - Yahoo! Finance

I can certainly afford a RHead CD, and at the same time grab it off of USENET... but curious how good it is, too.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
AW shucks... just found it on the USENET... do I download it.... I'll download it for free.. decide how much it's worth... and then pay for it on the WWW, and not download it.

Think about it... your favorite album(s)... know that you know how good they are.... what would you pay for it/them?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
USENET.. an older part of the internet (pre-WWW) that only goobers n geeks know about.. plethora of binaries... no "host" per se... everything lives on the USENET servers. Thin clients... I recommend... but you need an ISP or service that allows for unlimited... mine costs about $9/month... well worth it.

The only one free that is left for music is Soulseek.org A light program no ad ons or spywear and they have everything.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
USENET.. an older part of the internet (pre-WWW) that only goobers n geeks know about.. plethora of binaries... no "host" per se... everything lives on the USENET servers. Thin clients... I recommend... but you need an ISP or service that allows for unlimited... mine costs about $9/month... well worth it.
Ive been more into dowloading movies via Bit torrent than anything else. Any software program is free and places to crack the serial numbers are all over. The DvD rips are amazing quality and i burn about 6 movies on one disc at a cost of about 30 cents..

Reactions: AlteredEgo

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ive been more into dowloading movies via Bit torrent than anything else. Any software program is free and places to crack the serial numbers are all over. The DvD rips are amazing quality and i burn about 6 movies on one disc at a cost of about 30 cents..

Bit Torrent is nice.. but you are dependent on ppl hosting and seeding 100%... on usenet.. the whole file is there.... you can see it... no seeders... what's there is THERE. Only problem is retention... most providers only keep 21 days... some longer.

BitTorrent gives up IP addresses too.... I'm guessing they are next with the MPAA and RIAA.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
The only one free that is left for music is Soulseek.org A light program no ad ons or spywear and they have everything.
In 5 years I've never gotten spyware or viruses from limewire...as long as you have a good anti-virus program it catches the program trojan viruses before they even downloaded.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
How would you know really? Some viruses can creep through anti-spyware, but alas I use limewire aswell, but I mostly use torrents.

Personally I wouldn't pay anything for their album, or a penny if I had to. Why pay over what's needed for anything in this day and age?

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How would you know really? Some viruses can creep through anti-spyware, but alas I use limewire aswell, but I mostly use torrents.

Personally I wouldn't pay anything for their album, or a penny if I had to. Why pay over what's needed for anything in this day and age?
Antvirus programs. Spyware programs etc. Thats how you know. A registry cleaner is a good idea too.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media

I've never had a virus attack my computer? Thats how I know... Virus programs tell you the directory in which the virus is pulled from... so if you have any knowledge at all about a computer and how it works OS wise.. then you can figure out what program caused it.

Avast
AVG
Ad-aware SE
Spybot Search and Destroy

Great programs.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
On topic: I haven't heard anything from the new album, but I'm not sure if I'd pay for it, regardless of how good it is. Too many opportunities to get it free. And RH aren't exactly poor, struggling artists.

Re viruses... I've been on the 'net since 1994 (and remember USENET). I haven't had a virus since the late 90s... the way I can tell is that my PC has never been noticably impaired in its operation. If I do have PC viruses, they aren't affecting anything, and I consequently don't care.

D_golden parachute

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Viruses for starts, although a bit of common sense can help avoid that

and it's programs like Limewire where they are looking to prosecute 'music sharers'

I use a music sharing forum for all of my music and then torrents at a push