New Rape Preventing Female Condom

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It seems like it would increase the chances that a rapist would become a murderer.

Or that in a fit of rage that he would permanently disfigure the woman.

I agree with this Petite. The offender is normally already filled with rage, I would worry something like this would increase the violence of the act. It wouldn't take long for them to know such insertions were being used.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
It seems like it would increase the chances that a rapist would become a murderer.

Or that in a fit of rage that he would permanently disfigure the woman.

Does it? Rape is a violent act, yes, but also very particular. I'm not sure there's a translation from rape into murder/other forms of severe violence if the rapist can't rape someone. I mean, we know rape usually happens along with physical brutality, but is it actually true that a rapist's physical assault will become worse if he for some reason can't rape the victim?

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree with this Petite. The offender is normally already filled with rage, I would worry something like this would increase the violence of the act. It wouldn't take long for them to know such insertions were being used.

Your concern is warranted, but until there is published experienced with the device, we won't know for sure what the results would be.

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rape is a crime of control. It is highly unlikely (statistically speaking) that one would pause in mid struggle to check or consider foreplay. Just saying...

*shiver* It says much of a society when things like this are made for common use. :(

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Rape is a crime of control. It is highly unlikely (statistically speaking) that one would pause in mid struggle to check or consider foreplay. Just saying...

*shiver* It says much of a society when things like this are made for common use. :(

Yeah. I was thinking that when I read it. Mind you, I'm not overly educated about the mechanics of rape (brrr), but I could only speculate that rapists aren't fingering their victims before committing the act to check for female condoms.

That said, if this device catches on, they may start. Sigh.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah. I was thinking that when I read it. Mind you, I'm not overly educated about the mechanics of rape (brrr), but I could only speculate that rapists aren't fingering their victims before committing the act to check for female condoms.

That said, if this device catches on, they may start. Sigh.

That was my point exactly. I think they would become more abusive if something like that was found or possibly kill their victim if they didn't find it until they had begun penetration. Just my thoughts on it, I'm not saying it would happen. Just another horror to add to the entire situation.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
That was my point exactly. I think they would become more abusive if something like that was found or possibly kill their victim if they didn't find it until they had begun penetration. Just my thoughts on it, I'm not saying it would happen. Just another horror to add to the entire situation.

It's possible, but I don't think that possibility outweighs the potential benefits. Much of the time in Africa, getting raped is a death sentence no matter what thanks to HIV.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's possible, but I don't think that possibility outweighs the potential benefits. Much of the time in Africa, getting raped is a death sentence no matter what thanks to HIV.

I think it might be really naive to assume that a man who is attempting rape, who instead finds that his cock is painfully injured would just give up and walk away. I think he would do some horrible things to her.

I read that the creator of that product is aware that it puts the woman being raped at greater danger of being even more injured during a rape. She is aware that rapists could turn to immediate vengeance and that the product could lead to much worse violence. She said that knowledge that the product is being used by women is supposed to deter men from attempting rape at all, thus keeping all women safer.

londonhanger

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The Health & Safety laws would not permit the sale of this device in the UK. Soon rather than later it would be misused and spark legal problems for the supplier. Why can I find no evidence or reports of it having been used before? Google search draws a blank.

In theory I think it's a clever idea and one possible aid in the fight against a terrible crime, I can't help but wonder if an alternative method could see the teeth replaced with a chemical capable of rendering the erection floppy and useful which may replace aggression with confusion / embarrassment and ultimately render the rape a failure. Going a step further, assuming a chemical method could be used the condom could be done away with completely and a gel inserted as and when required, though this would offer no protection against STD's and pregnancy.

Something that has always bewildered me is just how subtle the difference can be between sex and rape; often it seems the only difference is consent. It is strange to think that in a slightly different context a hot sexual encounter can be a hideous life changing event for the woman involved.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
OR the man-- men get raped too.

I'd advocate their use by both sexes. Truly, if a rapist is driven to further violence by retaliation of any sort, there is no possible defense that would prevent this. The device is at least a way of protecting the wearer from fluid exchange, unlike a mere indelible dye suppository thing. The selling point of it is that it can only be safely removed by a doctor.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it might be really naive to assume that a man who is attempting rape, who instead finds that his cock is painfully injured would just give up and walk away. I think he would do some horrible things to her.

I read that the creator of that product is aware that it puts the woman being raped at greater danger of being even more injured during a rape. She is aware that rapists could turn to immediate vengeance and that the product could lead to much worse violence. She said that knowledge that the product is being used by women is supposed to deter men from attempting rape at all, thus keeping all women safer.

I'm going to be honest I've found it best just to carry a gun. I have a CWP and I fully intend on protecting myself. Not to say I'm worried a rapest is going to jump on me at anytime. I think protection is better safe than sorry. It's like having a condom... woulda coulda shoulda... but you didn't. I'm not leaving my life in anyone elses hands.

incubus08

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OR the man-- men get raped too.

I'd advocate their use by both sexes. Truly, if a rapist is driven to further violence by retaliation of any sort, there is no possible defense that would prevent this. The device is at least a way of protecting the wearer from fluid exchange, unlike a mere indelible dye suppository thing. The selling point of it is that it can only be safely removed by a doctor.

Which I don't buy into at all. Maybe I'm missing something, but how could this thing hook on to a rapists penis without breaking the skin, and still be so complicated that only a doctor can remove it. Sounds like a penis sized Chinese Finger Trap.

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm going to be honest I've found it best just to carry a gun. I have a CWP and I fully intend on protecting myself. Not to say I'm worried a rapest is going to jump on me at anytime. I think protection is better safe than sorry. It's like having a condom... woulda coulda shoulda... but you didn't. I'm not leaving my life in anyone elses hands.

Me neither. Been a pistol packing and licensed person to do so for the past three years. Sadly, men visit just as much pain and horror on other men, not just the ladies. :p Compact, .40 caliber for the ultimate win when one's back is against the wall - or getting out of a car...

Which I don't buy into at all. Maybe I'm missing something, but how could this thing hook on to a rapists penis without breaking the skin, and still be so complicated that only a doctor can remove it. Sounds like a penis sized Chinese Finger Trap.

Likely it is something like that, with raked plastic teeth that are painful, binding, but inaccessible. Attempts at prying or applying tools/pressure, etc. may make it much, much worse. Anyone got links to what this device *looks* like?

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Me neither. Been a pistol packing and licensed person to do so for the past three years. Sadly, men visit just as much pain and horror on other men, not just the ladies. :p Compact, .40 caliber for the ultimate win when one's back is against the wall - or getting out of a car...

No doubt, people are crazy. I've been licensed for two years. I don't leave my house without my gun. I might be smaller but I am not a victim. Glock 26 for me!

I've always wanted to wear it and have someone say that old line "is that a gun or are you happy to see me," so I can grin and say "it's my gun."

Last edited by a moderator:

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Likely it is something like that, with raked plastic teeth that are painful, binding, but inaccessible. Attempts at prying or applying tools/pressure, etc. may make it much, much worse. Anyone got links to what this device *looks* like?

I saw a picture of the item on the Internet but unfortunately, I don't remember where. Probably it can be found with a google search. It might be a good idea to post a link to the picture.

Although there are claims that only a doctor can remove the device from a penis, I doubt that.

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No doubt, people are crazy. I've been licensed for two years. I don't leave my house without my gun. I might be smaller but I am not a victim. Glock 26 for me!

I've always wanted to wear it and have someone say that old line "is that a gun or are you happy to see me," so I can grin and say "it's my gun."

Admirable weapon, indeed. :D I got a matched set - just a few digits away from one another - of 2 Walther P-99 QA's, .40 S&W, you know, the "shorty" 10mm. Developed my own cartridges for it from the ground up....nasty business. :D Night sights, medium backstraps, 12 rnd. magazines....

The spare is there in case the first gets knocked away....

Thread sidetracked. Ladies - learn to use a weapon and carry it - legally!

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Something that has always bewildered me is just how subtle the difference can be between sex and rape; often it seems the only difference is consent. It is strange to think that in a slightly different context a hot sexual encounter can be a hideous life changing event for the woman involved.

Yep, lack of consent IS what makes it rape. Not having a go at you, just genuinely curious, but why does that bewilder you?