Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*gets a look at the CNN video and the print article*

I fear the retrograde-toothed jellyfish of vaginal painviging. It is just as I imagined it to be like, yet so much worse. It's got more rows of teeth than a lamprey. o_O Makes me ponder that if I were a man disposed to such activities - I'd rather get shot to ribbons than try to explain to ER employees and police just how such a nefarious male-member-mastication device ended up on the tip of my business. :p

incubus08

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One question that maybe has been answered already I just haven't seen it. Ok assume a woman is wearing one of these devices and she is assaulted the man is trapped inside of it like planned but how easily does this thing come out?

TroMag

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Rape is a crime of control.
Really?

As long as people keep believing this, women will keep putting themselves at risk - referring to the West; I doubt Africans believe this Western silliness. Sub-Saharan Africans have a different problem - lawlessness - but hey, they run their own countries now, and that's what they wanted, right?

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It looks like it would slip free after painfully engaging itself to the male component. Separation of suspect and victim would not be hindered. Likely with the violent reaction of having something bite into your tenders will force one to withdraw. The sheer "WTF?! o_O" factor would give the poor lady time to abscond to a safer location. But...

Likelier what would happen is that the male undergoing such trauma can in turn become very violent. Not likely saving the poor woman at all if she is not fast and fleet of foot. I think Petite covered other likewise dismal scenarios.:puke:

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Really?

As long as people keep believing this, women will keep putting themselves at risk - referring to the West; I doubt Africans believe this Western silliness. Sub-Saharan Africans have a different problem - lawlessness - but hey, they run their own countries now, and that's what they wanted, right?

Admittedly yes, I did speak from the perspective of Western Culture(tm). SA's a different party boat altogether, for reasons also painfully pointed out earlier...nothing I wish to repeat or revisit. :(

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are these's things actually legal? Human rights and all that.

Not that the rapist deserves it.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I think it's kind of cool. It might not prevent psychological problems, or address the problem of rape by multiple men, but I think many rape victims would get a sense of satisfaction from knowing they'd got some form of revenge.

If it was known that many women were walking around wearing these things I think it might reduce the rate of rape.

I know a woman who tried to tell that man raping her to stop, but he didn't.

Wound up with a case of herpes.

Rape is about control and power and a fanged vagina isn't the answer. It might tip the guy off further for revenge. The whole "invention" sounds like a reason to have a news story. Sounds fake to me.

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
One question that maybe has been answered already I just haven't seen it. Ok assume a woman is wearing one of these devices and she is assaulted the man is trapped inside of it like planned but how easily does this thing come out?

The device has to be surgically removed

http://www.antirape.co.za/

Last edited:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I sense a story made up for a slow news day.
It isn't made up, the device has been around, and controversial, for years. Thanks, PB, for starting the thread.

i was editing after you edited. and.. well.. starting from now.. unless someone edits again :redface:

alright, pretend you live in a country where over half 3/4 of the female population will be raped before they are 24 years of age. where HIV runs as high as 50% of the population. where birth control and medical care is almost non-existent.

pretend that if you are raped, if you seek medical care afterward, if you tell your family, if you seek to press changes you are shunned by your family and community. you will be abandoned by everyone you should be allowed to lean on for support.

the rape-prevention-condom will not prevent the initial assault.. but it will stop the rape on a dime. when the attacker pulls back to thrust again he's crippled. in that moment of his shock and panic you have precious seconds to escape.

with luck you prevent vaginal tears, you will prevent the asshole from ejaculating inside of you.. lessening your chance of pregnancy or infection from any one of a hundred diseases you can't get medical treatment for.

you have a chance.. a tiny moment to regain some of the power someone tired to take from you and a a chance to spare yourself some pain.

telling a woman she's only asking to be hurt more by defending herself is that same as telling her not to fight back. it's more of the same bullshit woman are fed everyday, spooned up for our own good to keep us safe. it's a lie. it's false security and it's more dangerous than most people realize.

the realities of rape are very different for women in affluent countries than it is for women in developing/impoverish nations.

eta: i never claimed the device was perfect, i said some power is better than no power. and the woman never looses her choice to survive.. for the women who choose to use this product, it is their method of survival.

eta: as a former street kid, i can see how homeless women, of any age, would also consider a rape-umm reduction?-condom a workable solution to a harsh reality. not perfect but better than nothing.

now i am just horrible bummed out and will probably avoid this thread for a bit. :frown:
Agree with everything said in your posts, ML.
Rape is endemic in South Africa, beginning in the home or with baby rape and including all genders. I think taking action - punching, kicking, biting, screaming, clawing, or, use of this device - even if it may result in death, is the choice of the person in the situation. Have to support any person who decides it is the best form of protection for their bodies, as I can't even imagine living with the constant threat of being violated.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Really?

What's all this 'them', tromag? This is an international forum with South African members.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Look at the numbers:

20-25% of men are raping women

50-75% of women are being raped

That means that rapists in South Africa are serial rapers -- each rapist is raping 2-3 women.

So, every woman who uses this device could be (theoretically) saving not only herself, but several of her "sistahs."

No, it's not perfect device, but two things are going for it: (A) The "Is she, or isn't she?" factor could help reduce the number of rapes, and (B) Every rapist that is caught is saving several other women.

The problem here is that men are getting away with rape. This nips it ON the bud. (Sorry, couldn't resist the pun.)

Last edited:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Look at the numbers:

20-25% of men are raping women

50-75% of women are being raped

That means that rapists in South Africa are serial rapers -- each rapist is raping 2-3 women.

So, every woman who uses this device could be (theoretically) saving not only herself, but several of her "sistahs."

No, it's not perfect device, but two things are going for it: (A) The "Is she, or isn't she?" factor could help reduce the number of rapes, and (B) Every rapist that is caught is saving several other women.

The problem here is that men are getting away with rape. This nips it ON the bud. (Sorry, couldn't resist the pun.)
Well said.

Even though 44% of rapes in S.A. are gang rapes this might still put the first penetrator of a gang rape out of commission and helps give the women in the other cases a fighting chance if they choose to use it.

Various points:
Men will buy them. Make sale of the device to men a criminal offense.
Men will claim their gf forgot to take it out. Require her supporting statement in person at time of removal.
Black market doctors will not be a commonly available. They won't be able to advertise and word of mouth can reach the wrong person.

Nobody has said this is 100% effective or foolproof. It's primary purpose is to be a testes retracting deterrant as a best case scenario and a painful reprimand to a rapist as a worst case scenario.

Kicking, biting and scratching might escalate the violence, it might also give you a chance to escape.
Having a gun might escalate the level of violence, it might also put a quick end to it.
Use of this device might escalate the violence or it might debilitate your attacker.
Not offering any resistance to rape might still get you killed.

There is no certainty.
With choice comes risk. Women who are faced with the possibility of rape as a daily reality are aware of the pros and cons of all options. That's what this is, an option. No one will be forced to wear them for their own protection.

dc46064

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It seems like it would increase the chances that a rapist would become a murderer.

Or that in a fit of rage that he would permanently disfigure the woman.
I have been raped 2 times myself, so I know what goes through your mind. But I think I would rather be raped and deal with taht then to have that thing and end up dead. Rape usally happens with some form of weapon. What do you think that some man that is going to rape you and you do this to him with a weapon? You know that you will be dead. Dont really thinks thats better.

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is a mousetrap a weapon? hmmm....

Technically, anything is a weapon that is misused to the point of inflicting harm. There is a South American self-defense technique that preaches this - anything that can be in your hand or double gripped *is a potentially lethal implement*. Whether it is a CD case or a book, they teach you to use items in an improved, combat situation.

I looked through a girlfriend's purse once, we were working on her organizational skills. The purse itself could have been a blunt instrument, she toted *everything* in it. Between makeup styluses, pens, keys, etc.? She was a walking weapons supply. :D

Personaly? I am not a woman, and I cannot speak as one - but if I was one? I would not go down without a fight. At worse "mark" the fellow with a rake of your fingernails - gouge at an eye, ears are vulnerable too as are noses. DNA under your nails will get the police hot on their tail after analysis back at the lab whether you survive ... or not. :( :(