New Rape Preventing Female Condom

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was the one that mentioned BJJ. Not sure if I agree with needing that much of a time commitment for the average person. To be good at it, relative to other BJJ people, yes you do need that kind of commitment. I've seen a lot of locks and chokes applied on people not too well versed with BJJ that couldn't tell what was going on until they started tapping.

The shortcoming with BJJ is that it builds so much confidence for groundwork that the standup is often downplayed. In a rape situation the last place a woman wants to be is on the ground with her assailant on top. You're right, avoid the situation if you can. Second to that; Learn how to use a knife (long story, and I'm not getting into this, but I vehemently disagree with using a gun for self defense). Third, learn stand up techniques (punching/kicking, eye gouging). Fourth, learn the ground work. The last form of defense would be this condom.

Jacksmedulla

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
to the poster who mentioned BJJ. I train in Brazilian JiuJitsu and it certainly is a great form of self defense, however to gain skills that would allow you to fight off a larger attacker, especially as a female you would need to take at least one year of 3x 2hour sessions a week or somewhere in that time-range of commitment to be confident in stopping your attacker.

If you are willing to try it out i strongly recommend starting to train BJJ to women who want to learn to defend themselves, the close proximity and realism of training is by far the best self defense method to deal with an attacker.
There are techniques such as the Triangle and Rear Naked Chokes which can be applied by literally anyone of any athletic or strength level and that if applied properly can be lethal to any attacker, regardless of size or strength.

I do not recommend BJJ as a self defense art. Don’t get me wrong BJJ is a wonderful cage fighting art and a must for any MMA fighter/trainer but in a street situation especially when you could have multiple opponents taking things to the ground or applying a hold isn’t always a good idea in a street situation. Remember in a street fight there are no rules so some of the holds and chokes like triangles are less likely to work.

I know a lot of guys make fun of Karate but as a strict self defense art it is one of the better ones.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know a lot of guys make fun of Karate but as a strict self defense art it is one of the better ones.

I watched a Tae-Bo infommercial once where this woman was talking about how she no longer fears walking down a dark alley now that she knows how to punch with Tae Bo.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss. In this case, her stupidity was dangerous. Your advice is pretty close to that.

Jacksmedulla

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sometimes ignorance is bliss. In this case, her stupidity was dangerous. Your advice is pretty close to that.

How so? I'm not saying if you take a few Karate lessons you will become Bruce Lee and don’t need to worry about anything but Karate is a self defense oriented art and teaches what to do if attacked from behind, with a knife and teaches the best method of getting away.

If a women is being attacked or raped her main goal is to get away not stick around and pound her opponent.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
anything that enables people to fool themselves that they're safe is dangerous.

you just don't walk down the fucking alley.

Jacksmedulla

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Talking about that in this thread is off topic, and I won't go into it here.

Open up a different thread if you want to continue this discussion.

I don't I was simply susgesting that if a women is intrested in self defence and that is her primary goal than Karate is a good
Martial Art to take as it focuses a lot on Self Defense in real life scenarios. I wasn't susgesting she go out and act stupid.

If you disagree with the above statement for some reason than by all means start another thread, if not then we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Last edited:

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1 - he's an idiot for making women feel like they have to be on the defensive. 2 - This World Cup sucks and so does South Africa is they need that kind of condom!

But...but....

Their local talent that created the theme song for the event is so luscious! I went apeshit to download a copy of "Waka Waka" off the internet to hear it slam in my truck. :D

Alas, as I had stated previously it is a rather sad, sad testament to the state of our social affairs and the basic, lacking respect that has to simply BE THERE for our fellow man AND woman. I like your analogy about the half baked potatoes, quite eloquent in it's simplicity. :biggrin1:

haulthat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hope it works, and I think they deserve it. Rapist should pay. One of the disclaimers on the condom is that it won't be effective if you are being raped by a group of men, only the first will get snagged. The rest might be horny enough to be like eh, at least its safe now you deal with that I'll deal with this! If rape wasn't such a problem in that area it wouldn't have happened. I think the only possible caveat I have for it is the fact that some women might get beaten or killed over it. In which case it COULD do more harm than good. I say could because some women may feel more safe risking their life, than risking being raped getting pregnant or aids and having some douchebag get away smiling cause he got his rocks off and never had to deal with it again.