LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LPSG Political Forum Rules

The Politics Forum exists as a separate Forum within LPSG to discuss, debate and exchange information and opinions about Political issues.

Because Politics can be a volatile issue at times, a minimum level of civil behavior is required.

In Addition to the general Terms and Rules (Terms of Service and Rules) found at the bottom of every LPSG page, here are the rules that govern participation in the Politics Forum:
  • Thread Titles and Opening Posts are to clearly identify the topic to be discussed and encourage open discussion and debate.
  • All Links must relate to the topic and not be submitted to inflame, mock or cause arguments in the thread.
  • Posts must relate to the topic of the Thread.
  • Agree to disagree without denigrating into personal insults or other negative behavior.
  • Content that is abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains objectionable/derogatory language, hate speech, etc., is prohibited.
  • Gifs/Memes are prohibited.
  • Petty insults and name-calling is prohibited.
  • Discussions devolving into "fighting" are prohibited.
  • Trolling is prohibited. Trolling covers a vast array of behavior but mainly revolves around members who consistently post in a manner which they know will upset others, members who insist on going off-topic to serve their own agenda (which has nothing to do with the thread topic).
  • Deliberately misquoting or removing sections of a quote to mislead others or change/remove the context is prohibited.
  • Deliberately misstating what a poster has written to misconstrue or mislead others is prohibited.
  • Editing or adding to quotes in order to mislead others or change the meaning is prohibited.
If you do not understand AND agree with these Rules, please do not participate in the Politics Forum.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

These rules may not cover all possible Politics Forum submissions and/or issues that may arise. Therefore, the LPSG Moderating Team reserves the right to remove or modify any Content submitted in the Politics Forum for any reason without explanation.

Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion.

We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Media

The Politics Forum exists as a separate Forum within LPSG to discuss, debate and exchange information and opinions about Political issues.

Because Politics can be a volatile issue at times, a minimum level of civil behavior is required.

In Addition to the general Terms and Rules (Terms of Service and Rules) found at the bottom of every LPSG page, here are the rules that govern participation in the Politics Forum:
  • Thread Titles and Opening Posts are to clearly identify the topic to be discussed and encourage open discussion and debate.
  • All Links must relate to the topic and not be submitted to inflame, mock or cause arguments in the thread.
  • Posts must relate to the topic of the Thread.
  • Agree to disagree without denigrating into personal insults or other negative behavior.
  • Content that is abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains objectionable/derogatory language, hate speech, etc., is prohibited.
  • Gifs/Memes are prohibited.
  • Petty insults and name-calling is prohibited.
  • Discussions devolving into "fighting" are prohibited.
  • Trolling is prohibited. Trolling covers a vast array of behavior but mainly revolves around members who consistently post in a manner which they know will upset others, members who insist on going off-topic to serve their own agenda (which has nothing to do with the thread topic).
  • Deliberately misquoting or removing sections of a quote to mislead others or change/remove the context is prohibited.
  • Deliberating misstating what a poster has written to misconstrue or mislead others is prohibited.
  • Editing or adding to quotes in order to mislead others or change the meaning is prohibited.
If you do not understand AND agree with these Rules, please do not participate in the Politics Forum.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

These rules may not cover all possible Politics Forum submissions and/or issues that may arise. Therefore, the LPSG Moderating Team reserves the right to remove or modify any Content submitted in the Politics Forum for any reason without explanation.

Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion.

We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.

Deliberating or deliberately?

————

Or I could do this:
...[...]...
  • Deliberating misstating what a poster has written to misconstrue or mislead others is prohibited....[...]...
Deliberating or deliberately!

————

One example is expedient. Were there any question as to whether I misquoted the poster, all that needs to happen is to click the “up” arrow that follows “Mr. LPSG said”. That action will bring up the original post and can be easily verified.

I’ll be polite. There are posts that are excessively long. There is no need to quote the entire post to respond to one point. It is very clear in my second example where I deleted text. I used ellipses and brackets. No deception was involved. Most posters at this site are responsible about quoting, However, there has been a growing problem with some trying to use focused quotes as an opportunity to score points against those with whom they do not agree. The original post cannot be changed. Click the arrow if there is a question. Don’t penalize a responsible poster for the foolishness of others.

Good luck with the site.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Deliberating or deliberately?

————

Or I could do this:

Deliberating or deliberately!

————

One example is expedient. Were there any question as to whether I misquoted the poster, all that needs to happen is to click the “up” arrow that follows “Mr. LPSG said”. That action will bring up the original post and can be easily verified.

I’ll be polite. There are posts that are excessively long. There is no need to quote the entire post to respond to one point. It is very clear in my second example where I deleted text. I used ellipses and brackets. No deception was involved. Most posters at this site are responsible about quoting, However, there has been a growing problem with some trying to use focused quotes as an opportunity to score points against those with whom they do not agree. The original post cannot be changed. Click the arrow if there is a question. Don’t penalize a responsible poster for the foolishness of others.

Good luck with the site.
Thanks!

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
thanks Mr. LPSG
agree wholeheartedly,much better than the silly idea of getting rid of it altogether
almost feel like a non argumentative adult now
reserve the right to defend myself tho ha

like the
mods will police and delete anything inappropriate without fear nor favour bit,my words
like a recent one of mine
well done all

Reactions: thirteenbyseven

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Content that is abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains objectionable/derogatory language, hate speech, etc., is prohibited.These rules may not cover all possible Politics Forum submissions and/or issues that may arise. ..., the LPSG Moderating Team reserves the right to remove or modify any Content submitted in the Politics Forum for any reason without explanation.

Could you please define what you mean by "hate speech" as there is one of our lpsg members who wrongly thinks any criticism of President Trump is "hate speech" and others who wrongly define our members who post examples of Donald Trump's racism as "racists" . What do you intend to do with those specific persons?

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is what we used when I was a moderator. Things may have changed.
-Hate Speech will not be tolerated: Content whose primary purpose is to incite or promote hatred towards an identifiable group: Hate speech - Wikipedia
Terms of Service and Rules

Sorry but these news rules make for boring debate and discussion. I don’t come to this part of the neighborhood often but when I do, I approach in good faith. Why would banning memes and gifs make for a more pleasant experience? It does not. I like Spicy...and if I can’t have Spicy I’m not happy :emoji_hot_pepper:

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry but these news rules make for boring debate and discussion. I don’t come to this part of the neighborhood often but when I do, I approach in good faith. Why would banning memes and gifs make for a more pleasant experience? It does not. I like Spicy...and if I can’t have Spicy I’m not happy :emoji_hot_pepper:
Memes are not discussion. They are often purposely inflammatory. I have posted them in the past, many times responding to some other meme. They do nothing to further a conversation, dialog or meaningful debate. Use your words if you have them.

I am confident that these new rules are in place because they are necessary. Go to Facebook ... memes are very welcome there, twitter too.

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Rules are all well and good.

Never leave loopholes when making law or rule of law. To enforce a rule, one needs to research, retrace history. That is never going to happen in a public forum..

A quip or slight of wit (supposedly) could be interpreted as breaking a rule. Those who make the rules are not immune to stretching them..............if you are not, then you are a strict conformist.

I don't see anyone who posts here as being a strict conformist. This is an Adult website who caters for all sexuality. Yet applying strict rules to political beliefs of members....ummm?

I can take the shit, I get shit :)...when I've had enough of my one night a week here, I turn off the light and go to bed. For others on the other hand it's a daily lifeline to lessen the chip on the shoulder...........I understand that, I get it, I'm for it.

There is one rule I am all for..............Do not edit anothers quotes or posts. Highlight if necessary the point of discussion or opinion in a post...but that's it...don't edit.

The best diplomacy and creativity extends from the ability to stretch and push boundaries............not fence everyone in to a paddock with barbed wire to conform.

This is not what the internet, sharing ideas, opinions, ideals, values, dreams, aspirations, humour, non humour whatever.. is about. Crazy to others as it sometimes may be....but this is what it's about.

I doubt the internet sprang from a conformist mind, yet I'm sure the conformists jumped in on the wagon shortly after it became popular, for the purpose of control, gain and greed.

Some see it like a costume party where they can dress up and post anonymous...be who they are.

Me...I'm just an Aussie in a far away land who posts their opinion too, although I'm never afraid to post a headless photo now and then :) :).

Last edited:
Reactions: slivovic

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm still scratching my head wondering why have a vote to do away with the political forums section and then not. Even though the votes for doing away were in the majority? No offense just wavering.

Cappy_Dick

Loved Member
Media
I won't be posting in them any more. I made one post and got told my opinion didn't matter, as I haven't "been man enough to post a dick pic" ! If that's the kind of childish behavior that goes on, if you're anything other than a far left wing nut, I'll pass. I graduated 37 years ago. I have no need for jr high antics.

xx

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I won't be posting in them any more. I made one post and got told my opinion didn't matter, as I haven't "been man enough to post a dick pic" ! If that's the kind of childish behavior that goes on, if you're anything other than a far left wing nut, I'll pass. I graduated 37 years ago. I have no need for jr high antics.

xx
Actually, your second post opened with an ad hominem attack; "You're obviously a far left wing nut."

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

xx
Thank you

6inchcock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm still scratching my head wondering why have a vote to do away with the political forums section and then not. Even though the votes for doing away were in the majority? No offense just wavering.

It's a business. Th Political Forum generates more user clicks. Even if some of them are probably Chinese, Ukrainian, Russian, MAGA maniacs, Baader–Meinhof dropouts or Neo-Nazi bots or just plain old amateur operatives working on behalf of any of the above to continue generating and perpetuating bullshit propaganda to hit an outlet that none of the other venues reach.

LPSG is a form of social media, until it is policed as such the politics section, Political Forum or what have you will continue to be what it is, regardless of ToS.

Reactions: Gj816