Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm still scratching my head wondering why have a vote to do away with the political forums section and then not. Even though the votes for doing away were in the majority? No offense just wavering.

Because there are most likely key people that want it kept, so it’s being kept. Also there needs to a place so everyone can post their bias and have the flames fed as well. Take a walk through it and you will see the primary posters don’t post in any other section just politics. I’m a realist, I thought the vote was good and I expected the majority result would be to dump it but I also knew it wouldn’t get dumped.

Reactions: Gj816 and Jjz1109

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Because there are most likely key people that want it kept, so it’s being kept. Also there needs to a place so everyone can post their bias and have the flames fed as well. Take a walk through it and you will see the primary posters don’t post in any other section just politics. I’m a realist, I thought the vote was good and I expected the majority result would be to dump it but I also knew it wouldn’t get dumped.

And it could be managed better. It’s the Wild West here, and could be a great place for everyone IF the rules were actually observed by members, and enforced by the monitors.

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

You don't really believe in majority rule - if you did you would take to the streets when Hillary beat Trump by millions of votes. You concern seems to be you did not stifle opinions you don't like. There are many posters who stick yo one or two sections, the phenomenon is not limited to the politics section.

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And it could be managed better. It’s the Wild West here, and could be a great place for everyone IF the rules were actually observed by members, and enforced by the monitors.
I think there's been a slight improvement with most people trying to follow the new guidelines. It's a lot better than twitter!

fireman1294

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You don't really believe in majority rule - if you did you would take to the streets when Hillary beat Trump by millions of votes. You concern seems to be you did not stifle opinions you don't like. There are many posters who stick yo one or two sections, the phenomenon is not limited to the politics section.

Nice try baiting me, isn’t that trolling. Anyone else besides Hilly and her pant suits, maybe. I keep “Benghazi” Hillary Clinton on the same shelf as “Hanoi” Jane Fonda under a plaque that says “Traitors of the Nation”

Now when I say people post only here I’m talking people like this fine shining example of poster diversity. Been a member since 2005. Post history goes all the way back to Feb 2020. 945 total posts, 935 are in politics and 10 in Etc. Etc. That comes to .0105% in another section. That’s what I call diversity let me tell you. And what was filling the void from 2005 to feb 2020????

Reactions: Gj816

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nice try baiting me, isn’t that trolling. Anyone else besides Hilly and her pant suits, maybe. I keep “Benghazi” Hillary Clinton on the same shelf as “Hanoi” Jane Fonda under a plaque that says “Traitors of the Nation”

Now when I say people post only here I’m talking people like this fine shining example of poster diversity. Been a member since 2005. Post history goes all the way back to Feb 2020. 945 total posts, 935 are in politics and 10 in Etc. Etc. That comes to .0105% in another section. That’s what I call diversity let me tell you. And what was filling the void from 2005 to feb 2020????
Jane Fonda is a national treasure.

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

No bait, just the facts. Trump has caused the death of 93,000. Where do you keep his picture? Who is the fine example you referred to in this post. I've only been a member since 2015. Again, in case it was lost on you, people are free to post wherever on the site, or no where on the site. It's still a free country, despite Trump's efforts.

fireman1294

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Jane Fonda is a national treasure.

I hope you’re being sarcastic, it’s hard to tell sometimes with words on a screen. if not ask any resident of the Hanoi Hilton during her visit, or a surviving family member of a resident.

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hope you’re being sarcastic, it’s hard to tell sometimes with words on a screen. if not ask any resident of the Hanoi Hilton during her visit, or a surviving family member of a resident.
I am not joking, I believe she is a national treasure. She was demonized by the republicans. Even my 78 year old parents who voted for every republican candidate until Donald Trump love Jane Fonda today. In fact they just watched the film "Jane Fonda in Five Acts" and loved it. And they voted for Richard Nixon and defended him post watergate for years.

Shows old dogs can learn new tricks...

fireman1294

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am not joking, I believe she is a national treasure. She was demonized by the republicans. Even my 78 year old parents who voted for every republican candidate until Donald Trump love Jane Fonda today. In fact they just watched the film "Jane Fonda in Five Acts" and loved it. And they voted for Richard Nixon and defended him post watergate for years.

Shows old dogs can learn new tricks...

let’s agree to disagree then. In my opinion nothing she has done after her acts of treason can wash that away. And it was treason during war time no less. But hey, those Vietnam war vets died so you can have your opinion and I can have mine, so it doesn’t matter if she got them executed in the process.

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
let’s agree to disagree then. In my opinion nothing she has done after her acts of treason can wash that away. And it was treason during war time no less. But hey, those Vietnam war vets died so you can have your opinion and I can have mine, so it doesn’t matter if she got them executed in the process.
She did not commit treason. No one was executed because of her to the best of my knowledge. Hate her if you want, I'll save up ALL of my hate for Trump. It's a new millennium after all.

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
She did not commit treason. No one was executed because of her to the best of my knowledge. Hate her if you want, I'll save up ALL of my hate for Trump. It's a new millennium after all.

With Trump-ers - it is always treason when they say it is treason - legal definitions really are fake anyway. Ask President Plump - (his most recent trending twitter name).

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

Fonda did oppose the unjust Vietnam War - but she was neither guilty of treason, nor did she cause the execution of "Vietnam War vets". I think what you/fireman1294 were referring to was this:

Q. "Did Jane Fonda Betray American POWs in North Vietnam?"
Ans."No. That was fake news."

FACT CHECK: Did Jane Fonda Betray American POWs in North Vietnam?

6inchcock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Legally it's tough to hang the traitor title on her as there was no formal declaration of war between the US and North Vietnam, coupled with the fact she was a civilian acting as a private citizen. The very lack of that declaration was frequently used by all the propaganda machines as well to justify the abuse and mistreatment by the NVA and the VC. Was she an opportunist, was she stupid, ill informed, a total dumb ass, a headline seeking moron, probably no doubt. Traitor is a tougher sell to hang on a civilian given the two hundred different versions which she actually stoked in different directions over the course of her lifetime as too what actually occurred beyond her Anti-aircraft gun photo op, as well as the different perspectives of the US POWs under duress. It's like a fire fight, no two guys see or experience the same thing.

fireman1294

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

yes it is a new millennium and that’s the problem, millennials. Hate all you want but when he wins in 2020 he will still be your president.

yes it is a new millennium and that’s the problem, millennials. Hate all you want but when he wins in 2020 he will still be your president.

For reference, here are the definitions of treason:

upload_2020-5-22_8-58-25.png

There is room for argument that Jane Fonda may or may not have met the second definition of treason. But as all she did was pose for a photo and protest against the Vietnam War. The right to protest is protected by the United States Constitution. And speaking of that, let's see how the U.S. Constitution defines treason:

upload_2020-5-22_9-2-15.png

The constitution of the United States, which is the ultimate rule and law of our country, has set a high bar that must be met, and if then, the punishment that is associated with the act of treason will be set by the U.S. Congress. So, even if you think that Jane Fonda committed treason, she is 78 years old and is still raking in cash while you are here on a forum that was founded initially to be a Large Penis Support Group. I think you need to let it go, you may not agree with how Jane Fonda lives her life, but she's living the best life she can live while you are arguing with other people on a forum that was built around discussing penis. Please let it go, because I promise you that nobody will want your spirit around haunting society and crying about Jane Fonda of all things. That will not make for a very good episode of Ghost Hunters.

Finally, how are milennials a problem? You have a very disgusting view of the world.

I love the wording of that statute, "...shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000..". I love the switch from draconian punishment to the typical prison sentence and fine.

Only one person has been executed for treason in the history of the United States. And my research can only 11 people in total have been convicted of treason.

6inchcock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love the wording of that statute, "...shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000..". I love the switch from draconian punishment to the typical prison sentence and fine.

Only one person has been executed for treason in the history of the United States. And my research can only 11 people in total have been convicted of treason.

Not sure what the Rosenberg's were charged with, but they were the last people executed I can recall from the top fo my head for something in that ballpark (may have been espionage though)