New Screen Name

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Congratulations, Doc Bubbles! :toast: Good things come to those who go for it, and you'll be glad that you did! Now go out and use your doctorate for all it's worth ... after all, it's yours!

Leung

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Dr. Bubbles@Apr 19 2005, 11:07 PM
Well, it is official.... I am now Dr. Bubbles! :D

YIPPPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
[post=302218]Quoted post[/post]​

And a new avatar, sexy! :p
Well done you! What is your doctorate in?

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you guys... and thank you all for putting up with me this semester, especially Jay! He was really my sounding board.

I have a doctorate in Higher Education Administration. My research and interest include retention, graduation and post secondary education issues/hurdles that affect the American Indian population. Abbreviated version there....

DieHard9x6: Fantastic job, BB -- we're very proud o'ya!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Dear Dr. Bubbles:

I'm unable to retain my higher edification and I'm afraid the problem is graduating.

May I make an appointment?

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Pecker@Apr 20 2005, 12:47 AM
Dear Dr. Bubbles:

I'm unable to retain my higher edification and I'm afraid the problem is graduating.

May I make an appointment?
[post=302280]Quoted post[/post]​

Pecker, babe... you are hilarious and kill me! I love it!

Lap, pick up your jaw babe... you are ruining the carpet and hardwoods!

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Naughty...

I am assuming you are referencing publication for profit or sell? If so, I don't know. My committee was very pleased with the work and the literature reviews compiled to complete it. If I do, I will let you know. :)

Summertime, thank you hun. Yes, I was/am brave! Maybe too brave. Good luck on your master's. I am sure you will achieve your dreams...

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dr. Bubbles, you are a sight for sore eyes! I like the fact that the name change reflects your new educational achievement in such a fun way. I hope the confidence you felt from attaining such a goal has helped with the new confidence in the beautiful pics you've put up here for us, you are a delicious treat!

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Congratulations, Dr. Bubbles! You have my admiration for managing to juggle work responsibilities, home life, and doctoral studies and not losing your marbles in the process.

I hope you do something nice for yourself to celebrate your accomplishment! :party:

(Someday I'd like to talk to you about your thoughts on that particular degree; I'm eyeing a similar program and am on the fence about a couple of things.)

At any rate, congratulations on your accomplishment. Love the new name!

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
Congrats, Bubbly! You totally earned it!

And BTW I love your avatar! I swear, between You, Texass, and Jana, were all gonna be straight in like, 5 minutes! (unless the person reading this already is, I know how finicky we are about generalizations at times!)

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by Dr. Bubbles@Apr 19 2005, 07:12 PM
Thank you guys... and thank you all for putting up with me this semester, especially Jay! He was really my sounding board.

I have a doctorate in Higher Education Administration. My research and interest include retention, graduation and post secondary education issues/hurdles that affect the American Indian population. Abbreviated version there....
[post=302269]Quoted post[/post]​
Wow! That is impressive! I really am interested in retention. As a teacher I learned that I could teach a skill and test that day and there would be little difference in scores. But I could give test first thing the next day and oh, the difference in the test scores. Retention is the name of the game in education.

Am curious what all you learned in how to improve retention.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Laus vobis , doctor. Vos proficio valde res. (Sorry, my Latin is not perfect.) Congratulations, Dr. Bubbles. That is a great accomplishment. If it is not too great a presumption - Freddie, I think the retention of which she speaks is "retention in school," not "retention of facts."

By the way, Doc, are you related to Mr. Bubble, or is it coincidence? Have you done him? Does he have a big foamer? Is he really good in the tub?

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Babe, you know I love ya no matter what name you use! Congrats again and what a smokin' new avatar! Are you trying to spoil us or what? :yourock:

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Steve... sure, would love to chat with you about the particulars of the program. If you are interested in working in academia, specifically in administration, this might be the type of program you should consider. I am equally interested in particular schools of thought, but my ultimate career goal is to become the CEO/Chancellor/President of an institution of higher learning. Let me know when you'd like to chat. :)

Yaoifun... you are not the first one lately to tell me that. Ladies.. you all should thank me! :p You are a sweetheart... thank you.

Freddie... there are ways or strategies to improve retention, especially as it relates to minority students in secondary and post secondary education. The strategies must be molded, however, to fit those particular populations, as each are different and unique in many aspects. Let's just say that I have implemented some of these strategies in my current position and have tracked the growth over the last couple of years (5 years). I have seen significant yields in retention of native students because of strategy, programming and outreach. It works, but it takes a lot of effort to make it work and a lot of support from the higher ups to implement it.

DC_Deep... I had no idea there was a guy here named Mr. Bubbles. LET ME SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT SO THERE WILL BE NO MISUNDERSTANDING.

I do NOT know Mr. Bubbles. I am not Mrs. Bubbles. I have NOT laid Mr. Bubbles nor do I know how big his "foamer" is in the tub. :)

Jeep... baby... spoil you? Never. You guys are spoiling me!