New "Spiritualism"

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by mephistopheles, Dec 8, 2006.

1. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    In the past I've been a, more or less, Agnostic... Perhaps a little on the Luciferian side. But recently I met an incredible man named Rayau Redsky Blackhawk. He is 100% cherokee(and I'm a 16th degree cherokee) and after talkng wth him about religion, the earth spirits(such as Guya) I've got to say this spiritualism makes a lot of sense to me.

What does everyone else think about the Natve American beliefs?

I'd even like to start going to gatherings and Powwows and things of that nature.:biggrin1:

2. stretcher74

stretcher74 New Member

Albums:
    I think they're a bit of a joke, but mostly harmless. Wish I could say the same about the followers of 3 big name Abrahamic cults.

Hey, if it gets you outside and looking at the sky instead of grubbing around at home or posting on internet message boards I'm all for it.

A recent little hike down the grand canyon gave me a bit of a spiritual kick, the scale of the place gives you a sense of, well, perspective.
    I'd also like to learn and possibly apply more from the eastern religions to my thinking.

3. BigA

BigA New Member

hehe.. pronounce that name real slowly.. lol. sorry dude. noone ever can really relate to your posts

anyway... ive been in a dark place my whole life. I think the native american beliefs are interesting. but i can't subscribe to any of that shit. The more i watch the history channel i find it interesting how every people have had their own belief system

4. reallyhot

Gold Member

Albums:
    What 3 big name abrahamic cults???
    Care to clarify?
    Your take on them?

5. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    Of all the religions I've studied this makes the most sense to me, and I'd appreciate it if you didnt call it "shit" or a "joke", I dont go around telling you christianity or catholicism is a joke.

To put things into perspective: I used to be a Luciferien.:biggrin1:

6. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think the Native American spiritualities are beautiful. If you are able to connect with any one, or many of them, i'm all for you exploring them. Spirituality is a very personal thing... don't count on a lot of other people understanding or agreeing with your personal assessment of it. They often won't understand because their beliefs are different from your own.

7. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Very generous of you to speak for the rest of us, BigA.

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

You are kidding, right?

Are you familiar with Judaism, Christianity, and Islam?

9. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wait, wait, wait, wait, WAIT!! Are you saying the Jews, Christians, and Muslims all claim to be sons of Abraham?!?! No... no no no no no... only the CHRISTIANS are sons of Abraham, obviously. :rolleyes:

(I really wish people would read up on their history a bit before they ask stupid questions)

10. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

I did native sweats for more than a year and found them very powerful.

Did I believe in the cosmology? Did I believe in Grandma Moon, for example. No, not at all. That said, by the time a sweat was finished, all the participants felt extraordinarily united, at one with each other, and any kind of harshness or judgmentality was not only out of the question, but incomprehensible.

The sweat lodge experience softened you up physically, mentally, and I’m going to say spiritually, though I don’t profess to know, after years of reflection, exactly what ‘spiritual’ means.

Native spirituality, like any form of paganism, will teach you that you are not at the top, but woven into the very centre of Creation. And that feeling can be very beautiful … one that discourages selfishness, enhances the feeling of connection, and sprouts tenderness. And all of this will just feel natural, not a mountain-storming ‘achievement.’

(And sure, three days later, this new good space will have pretty much bled away, but you keep at the sweat and, over time, something wonderful accumulates.)

If the tenets of native spirituality were generally accepted, we can be pretty sure the planet would be in a much better place. Our atmosphere would not be so poisoned, our fish stocks would have remained strong, and in the human sphere, we would probably have fewer conflicts and much less war.

I have a native friend who just blows my mind. You talk with him and, 10 minutes into the conversation, you have the uncanny sense that you and he form actually one being, with an outcropping over there of him, and an outcropping over here of you. (Maybe I go too far here … but that’s my sense, really.)

I have since become a Buddhist, but I’ve never forgotten the positive aspects of native spirituality.

So, Mephistopheles, I would say, You go, guy. Nothing will hurt you, and you might get more benefit than you can even imagine.

11. Vestigial

Gold Member

My feelings (take them with a grain of salt)
    Agnostic - useless shit
    Luciferian - scary shit (one I must come to accept)
    earth spirits(such as Guya) - I do not know of general "earth spirits", and generally refer to Guya as Mother Nature, because really, I don't know what she calls herself. There may be spirits among the earth, there may be spirits within trees... I do not know yet, but the power nature has shown me lately is undeniable.
    spiritualism - we are spiritual beings too, no matter how many barriers we place.

I don't think of belief, so I will put it aside and simply say the power is real... even if they cannot all tap it. The "white man" tore their soul out from underneath them, and even then very few were truly in touch with their spirit.

If you are gaining something from these events then continue, they are very close to nature, an aspect that has taken much of itself to nurture and love me.

As Life my school and Lady Luck the headmaster, my favourite teacher is definately Mother Nature.

This is not belief, merely naming of the forces I share this existance with.

I am not sure I have any belief, but I accept. I may yet ask Nature's help with my uncontrolled lustful desires,.. she has yet to steer me wrong.

12. Vestigial

Gold Member

btw. I find it hard to discuss magic with nonbelievers.

Even most 'witches' are nonbelievers, merely allowing themselves to be enslaved by rogue spirits.

13. trufitjock

trufitjock Member

Albums:
    i think the point is that you .. DO BELIEVE.... and have FAITH...

14. Vestigial

Gold Member

Unlike I, who believes as little possible, and accepts all they can.

I hope, I gamble, against odds I usually triumph, but no... I do not yet feel faith. Maybe a nice feeling, but eh could be the orgasmic backlash ;)

I've read some of Bruce Lee's progress on life, but I feel he was struck down before he could find what what it is he sought. Still, he is one of the few in this echelon.

AND... I can tear all your frypans in half if I need to confirm the date at an actual restaurant. So just accept it. ;)

15. hot-rod

Gold Member

I think God intended for us to have our own belief system. This Moses crap and 2000 year old Christian crap is CRAP.

16. Vestigial

Gold Member

God may be laughing, but he's probably crying inside.

Indeed, we really fucked up bad :D

17. BigA

BigA New Member

funny, you asked in the original post what everybody thought about American Indian beliefs, then don't appreciate an honest response:rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted