New Star Wars Trilogy?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Search: Lucasfilm denies new 'Star Wars' trilogy - Lucasfilm denies new Star Wars trilogy

I recall reading an article in Time Magazine (I think it was) back when the first movie (now called Episode IV) was released.

In this article, Lucas said he planned on three "trilogies". The middle set featuring the main characters of those movies, another set, featuring characters and story lines that led to the middle set (this later became episodes I, II, and III), and a third set that was supposed to take place after the events of the middle set, and featuring new characters, descendents of the middle set - if you can follow all of that.

Some have even speculated that the rumors of a third trilogy were generated by the studios themselves, to whip up hype or test the market.

Anyway, imo, look for a third trilogy of Star Wars... coming to a theater near you.

palmboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Indeed, that was announced all those years ago. As far I know, the plan held true until sometime during the development for Episode III. The lackluster fan response towards the new trilogy seemed to steer Lucas away from finishing the series. The last three movie plots are largely detailed in a series of books, whose name escapes me. The story consists mostly of the Skywalker's families, Han and Leah have a few kids and Luke has a few kids. All of which join the new Jedi Order founded by Luke.. That's all I really remember.

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
Indeed, that was announced all those years ago. As far I know, the plan held true until sometime during the development for Episode III. The lackluster fan response towards the new trilogy seemed to steer Lucas away from finishing the series. The last three movie plots are largely detailed in a series of books, whose name escapes me. The story consists mostly of the Skywalker's families, Han and Leah have a few kids and Luke has a few kids. All of which join the new Jedi Order founded by Luke.. That's all I really remember.

the current novels go a little further than the ones you mentioned.along with new villians and menaces,and a death of a MAJOR character happen.
the great part about it is Lucaus has nothing to do with the writting of any of it.