New stock market terms

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by BUSTERHYMAN, Mar 12, 2011.

1. BUSTERHYMAN

Gold Member

NEW STOCK MARKET TERMS

CEO
    - Chief Embezzlement Officer

CFO - Corporate Fraud Officer

BULL MARKET - A random market movement causing an investor to mistake himself for a financial genius.

BEAR MARKET - a 6 to 18 month period when the kids get no allowance, the wife gets no jewelry, and the husband gets no sex.

VALUE INVESTING - The art of buying low and selling lower.

P/E RATIO - The percentage of investors wetting their pants as the market keeps crashing.

BROKER - What my financial planner has made me.

STANDARD & POOR - Your life in a nutshell.

STOCK ANALYST - Idiot who just downgraded your stock.

STOCK SPLIT - When your ex-wife and her lawyer split your assets equally between themselves.

MARKET CORRECTION - The day after you buy stocks.

CASH FLOW - The movement your money makes as it disappears down the toilet.

YAHOO - What you yell after selling it to some poor sucker for $240 per share.

WINDOWS - What you jump out of when you're the sucker who bought the Yahoo at $240 per share.

INSTITUTIONAL INVESTOR - Past year investor who's now locked up in a nuthouse.

PROFIT - an archaic word no longer in use.

LIQUIDITY - When you look at your investments and wet your pants.

# # # # # # # #

If you had purchased $1000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you will have $49.00 today.

If you had purchased $1000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you will have $33.00 today (even less now.)

If you had purchased $1000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you will have $0.00 today.

But---if you had purchased $1000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for a recycling refund--you will have received $214.00

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle.

It's called the 401-Keg.

I am sorry if i offend anyone with my joke or any misspelled words .?

:confused:

2. istanbulean

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    hehe, nice said.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice