New Strategy for Obama: Blame Bush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_Marius567, Jul 10, 2010.

1. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

Obama is reminding Americans more and more lately that he's inherited much of this mess from George Bush.

When will Obama stop blaming bush for everything. he has been the President for about two years and still blames bush for everything.

I hope the next President will blames everything on Obama.

2. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Seriously? He's a politician. That's what they do. Republicans having been blaming Jimmy Carter for thirty years.

3. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

k are you ignorant or just plain dumb? Why the hell shouldn't the vast majority of American's blame the Bush administration for the vast majority of the financial crisis and two unfounded wars? When the economy started to tank post 9/11, what did he say to the American people? Spend spend spend. When the mortgage meltdown happened and banks started failing left and right, what did he do? He decided to bail everyone (other than the average every day American).

G.W. Bush did more to alieninate our country from the rest of the world than any of the former presidents combined. Fact of the matter is Obama is trying to fix all of the mistakes Bush's administration made.

Has Obama made his mistakes? Yes. Is he the best president our country has seen? I don't know, as that is yet to be seen.

Fact of the matter is John McCain pretty much had the presidency in the bag until he started pandering to every conservative group in this country. McCain Lost, Obama won. Sorry, but thats how it happened. Instead of dealing with it and giving Obama a chance, persons such as yourself sit around and whine, bellyache, and bitch about every small insignificant thing Obama does (or doesn't do). Do you and every other conservative not get it that if Obama fails, the country fails? The same could be said about FDR, Lincoln, and every other president that presided over our country during extremely difficult times.

Before you or anyone else starts whining that I'm some sort of huge Obama supporter let me inform you that I'm not. I voted for Obama simply because he was the lesser of two evils. I was most definately not supportive of the mortgage/banking bail out. I think his administration should have let those companies fail. It would have put us in a depression 100 times worse than the depression of the 20's and 30's, but it would have forced the people of our country to pull our collective heads out of our asses. American's are spoiled, and we don't know the meaning of sacrifice. Had we entered a depression, we all would have been forced to figure out what is really necessicary to get by, and what we can do without.

I shall step down from my soapbox (for the time being)

4. D_Davy_Downspout

D_Davy_Downspout Account Disabled

I posted this in the other thread, but it seems relevant.

[​IMG]

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I love when the opposers of recent history try to reword things that are easily researchable to make it seem as if it's just a "campaign strategy". As if nobody has been paying attention the last 10 years or didn't remember how the previous administration blamed Clinton (or even Carter as Vince sourced) all through their terms in office.

Wow, it's like a Daily Show skit come to life. And I implore you to pay close attention to the news clips used in the segment. :rolleyes:

I have a new strategy for some people around here - blame yourselves for not being truly informed and encouraging ignorance and stupidity. Blame yourselves for using your vote to put people in office that screw up beyond belief and are too ashamed to take accountability for your actions. And above all, blame yourselves for choosing to live by blind ideology over historical accuracy.

#5 B_VinylBoy, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  6. houtx48

Gold Member

Let's see who was the number on rock stupid president of the United States?
    Could it be Zippy W. Bush?

7. bananaclubcock

Albums:
    I hear this a lot from folks on the Right. They seem to think the Obama Presidency should be thought of as running a race at a track and that blaming Bush for his problems is like blaming the previous heat.

I kind of think Obama has a point when you consider:
    -the Bush tax cuts contributed massively to the national debt during a period of economic expansion!
    -the Bush tax cuts encouraged massive risk taking in the financial sector that has since resulted in financial collapse
    -the Bush admin was warned by the FBI about mortgage fraud and choose to not pursue those charges
    -the Bush admin started not one, but two wars which have contributed massively to our nation's debt
    -the Bush admin reversed centuries-old principles forbidding torture by the U.S. Government and so massively diminished American standing in the world

I could go on, but really you should get the picture by now. If you disagree I would love to hear about it. I also think if I hear these complaints about "blaming Bush" much longer, I am never going to take the Republicans seriously again when they run against prior administrations, which is what Ronald Reagan did.

8. B_New End

B_New End New Member

The US Army tortured in Vietnam and during the Philippine insurgency.

Obama voted for the bailouts too.

9. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Sorry, you lost me and just about everyone else at "two years". Obama hasn't even been in office a year and a half.

I don't think I have ever heard this president say "I blame George Bush." Could you please provide a link to that quote in print or video? Thanks!

10. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

Amen.

We'll be repairing the damage wrought by the CHENEY!/(bush) regime for years, if not decades.

All things considered, I'm thrilled with Obama's performance so far.

11. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    ZING!

12. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Or BP... :rofl: *runs*

13. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Blaming Bush is honest, but he should also blame the Wall Street guys who nearly collapsed the global economy, and admit mistakes, if any, that members of his own party might have made that contributed to this mess. I'm all for honesty because it's the best way to deal with the problems of REALITY.

14. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

Believe me...there's PLENTY to blame BP for...and there shall be for years to come.

Not sure why you think it's funny.

Then again, you folks gave the world Benny Hill, so...

15. Stretch

Stretch New Member

lol...yes

16. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Just windin' you up, dude. :wink: Sorry.

And Benny Hill IS funny. :frown1:

17. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

Damn you! I try to be all pissy, and you won't let me.

Yeah, I admit it. BH is funny.

Not as funny as French and Saunders, however!:biggrin1:

18. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL!

And true. ;) French n Saunders are cool - or were... :tongue:

19. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

By the time that the ink is really dry on this part of the world's history, and we really know what the administration of George W. Bush accomplished most of the people authoring these postings on LPSG will be deceased or in convalescent homes eating their pablum.

Some aspects of the failings of the Bush administration were blatant and obvious. Others were and are still under wraps and it will take decades if not another century to uncover things that were moved into "classified information" where the old adage "necessary for national security" could be used to cover up virtually anything.

As has been said by others, and I share the opinion: "Barak Obama" was not my first, second, third, or even tenth choice to hold the highest office in the United States. For me, this man was simply as also has been said before "the lesser of evils".

The Bush II Presidency was very unique in that we had in fact an extremely weak President really not making decisions. What we also had was a situation where we had a very money oriented man and behind the scenes player in the Vice President, Dick Cheney. Based on everything I have so far read, I feel sad for "Dubya". He brought many personal problems to office with him. His record in business before the Presidency was dismal and his life was a series of what appeared to be "bail-outs" arranged by people operating in the shadows. He was, and is, a childish sometimes vindictive man, not in good control of his emotions, who because of this appears to have been easily manipulated by Dick Cheney and others serving interests that definitely were not those of the American people.

While the Presidency of George W. Bush was a disaster for the average American citizen, it was one of the most profitable and regulation removing Presidencies in the History of the United States. During this administration more laws designed to protect the American People and the environment in which we live were overturned than any other. The legal changes under the Bush Adminstration removed numerous protections on many different levels from the American People, and, at the same time, gave incredible protection to both Corporate America and the Federal Government from any form of oversight. The two industries profiting most from the Bush-Cheney years were of course banking and the second was with little doubt "big-oil" and their related industries.

At the same time, with absolute impunity, Corporate America "outsourced" American jobs in numbers not even imaginable.

The economic "melt-down" we suffered has been grossly misrepresented to the American people. The main thing cited has been "sub prime loans". What they do not talk about is what caused people to lose their homes. The causes were first incredible increases in energy costs and losses of employment. A man who had applied for a loan on a home and presented with a good income in 2001 was screwed into oblivion when fuel and energy costs in some parts of the country soared at one point to as much as 300+ percent of what they had been when the loan on the home was approved. The agriculture industry uses fuel in large quantities to harvest the food you eat and to feed the livestock. This caused incredible increases in foot costs in some areas, again one needs fuel in the tank to get to their job and they then need food in their mouths. What happened next was in desperation many Americans turned to the only thing they had left and that was credit cards to sustain them until the prices came down. The problem was that by the time the prices came down these people were now so far in debt that they were no longer able to make minimum payments and were falling behind on both home and personal credit payments.

In great understanding, the financial institutions involved instead of taking measures to save the American people, raised fees, raised interest rates to where catching up payments and interest became impossible. They made recovery impossible and then stood there like a bunch of dummies saying "We don't understand why this is happening."

This is the reason for it all that "nobody talks about", because it would paint a bad picture of "big business". The easy way out is always blame the American consumer and citizen because he is in 2010 just trying to survive and does not have the resources to "fight back".

The first "fight back" was in fact the election of Barak Obama.

The Republican Party by the end of the Bush Administration looked at the candidates knowing several things. The first is that they were going to lose, the second was that they needed two "sacrificial lambs" to put up against whomever the Democratic Candidate would be. John McCain was by virtue of his "age" a man living on borrowed time as far as usefulness to the party, if he lost, it would be blamed on his age not on party ideals. Sarah Palin was thrust into the limelight not because of brilliance, but because she had been very vocal as Governor in a controversial administration in Alaska. She would do anything to get in front of a camera, and she sounded good even if she made no sense whatsoever. She was another one who was in some ways charismatic, but, she was a "wild card" and what was needed was to create a ticket that was a loser in the eyes of many Americans.

In essence the Republican party "gave away" this election because of in fact good or great political strategy on their part. Remember that at the time the leading candidate for the Democrats was assumed to be Hillary Rodham Clinton. Clinton is one fearsome lady, not likeable, vocal, at times vicious, and not afraid to take a preemptive strike against the opposition. Clinton was another reason for the choosing of Sarah Palin.

The idea from the beginning was to let the Democrats "win" and then to roadblock virtually everything that they tried to accomplish while in office. This is exactly what they have in fact done. What the Republicans have done is to in essence fall back and re-group for the Obama Administration's first four years. They will of course try and re-capture everything at the next Presidential election. It may work if they can successfully blame the Administration for everything that they have in fact roadblocked. With Obama they do have some chance of success because he wouldn't say "S - - - " if he had a mouthful. His basic demeanor is negotiate until you have negotiated everything away and then call it a victory.

Obama is indeed a flawed politician. He is extremely conciliatory trying to always get a meeting of minds and compromise. He is an outstanding statesman and excellent speaker. Where he fails is that he does not understand that he is fighting not only for his own life, but the lives of many American people.

Barak Obama is very early in his service and has been embattled on virtually everything he has tried to do. The battle over healthcare resulted in the passage of a disastrous bill which has little chance of working as it is presently written.

What is quite interesting however is that when Medicare was passed by Lyndon Johnson in the 1960's it was even worse. Medicare was then painstakingly "overhauled" multiple times to be something that if not great was at least workable. The same will happen to the current health "new" care program.

Many years ago, actor John Houseman in an advertisement for the investment firm "Smith-Barney" referred to them achieving a reputation for superiority because "they earned it".

The Presidential Administration of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney, unless something new comes out, will probably go down in history as a disaster of a magnitude making him a President shown less effective by far than the favorite Republican target Jimmy Carter. The facts however will be that if he gets that reputation it will be because much like Mr. Houseman and Smith-Barney, the administration truly "earned" that title.

20. houtx48

Gold Member

the previous post would have been a good one if it used a color you could read. bitch over

Draft saved Draft deleted