New Study -- Circumcision and Sensitivity

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Grit, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Grit

Grit Member

2. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Shit of crock.

Wank of bag.

Sensation/pleasure can't be measured. And thermal imaging seems like a shit way of testing it. I would have thought heart rate monitors and other kit would have been involved. I still think having a foreskin makes sex (solo or duo or moreo) more pleasurable. At least, it couldn't hurt. And with circumcision there is at least the chance that it will, and the risk of something going wrong.,

3. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with ScaredLittleBoy, it doesn't seem like a proper way to test a sensation. It seems more like it tests arousal.

4. SteveHd

Gold Member

I'll withhold comment until I've seen a full report or a sizeable abstract. I found one on Blackwell-Synergy but they want $40 for it.

5. yarraman

yarraman New Member

Tuesday 20th March 2007
    A study published in the April 2007 edition of of BJU International claims that it "conclusively shows that circumcised males have a significant penile sensory deficit as compared with non-circumcised intact men."

The study, which was carried out in the San Francisco Bay area of California, tested 159 subject males with Semmes-Weinstein monofilament touch-tent sensory evaluators. The study found that the most sensitive part of the penis on non-circumcised males is at the tip of the foreskin, an area which is always removed if a male is circumcised.

The study also found that the glans penis in circumcised males is significantly less sensitive to fine touch than in intact males. The five most sensitive areas are found only on the non-circumcised penis.

George C. Denniston, M,D., MPH, President of Doctors Opposing Circumcision, commented, "This new study provided further evidence of the permanent and irreversible lifelong injury of non-therapeutic neonatal circumcision and raises grave ethical questions regarding the continued performance of child circumcision. We call upon the American Academy of Pediatrics to defend children from this practice."

6. Blerty

Blerty New Member

I got cut at 19, my head is not so sensitive now until it becomes moist again, also I get more hard-on's in my pants because of it rubbing.

7. No_Strings

Gold Member

I'd hazard a guess that circumcision reduces sensitivity in the foreskin. :tongue:

As for the study - what ScaredLittleBoy said.

8. danerain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lol, it removes the foreskin

As I have said before. I got cut when I was 12 because my doctor thought it would be fun, now I have a numb dick and I can't have orgasms anymore.

9. D_Neasham Teattunger

I got cut about 6 years ago when I was in my mid 30s. There was a very slight reduction in surface sensitivity behind the glans, but I also experience more friction than before, which makes it feel more intense. If anything, my orgasms are stronger now than before. I don't miss the foreskin at all.

10. chico8

chico8 New Member

It cracks me up that they think the penis only has one sensitive spot! I'd like to see who sponsored this study and what their previous history regarding circumcision is.

11. Oncamale28

Oncamale28 New Member

Albums:
    im cut but i can only imagine the feel of the foreskin sliding back and forth would add to the sensation...it could harldy take any away..

12. D_Neasham Teattunger

I know I'm going to get slammed for this, but honestly my experience was the opposite. With the foreskin sliding back and forth, sensitivity was actually less intense. I can only describe it as like having a loose sock or very loose condom surrounding the shaft.

But you are on to something. I think a lot of this is about our imagination. We always imagine the grass is greener on the other side. Especially when so many people (most of whom have never experienced both, mind you) keep telling us how devastating circumcision is to penis sensitivity. But I can tell you, it wasn't. Sex was good before getting circ'd. It's just as good, if not slightly better, after.

Think about it — if circumcision is so destructive to our ability to enjoy sex, the Jewish population would have dwindled down to zero several centuries ago.

13. danerain

Gold Member

Albums:
    :popcorn:

14. SteveHd

Gold Member

semendemon, I'm not going to "slam" you. My opponents are generally better at that.:smile:
    Many Intactivists are guys who crossed over from foreskin restoration. They've partially had it both ways. Many Intactivists were cut as adults and regretted it. They've definitely had it both ways. There's even some cut as adults and like it but feel it should only be an adult procedure. I think you'd agree with that last group.

I agree that it's an overreach to say "... how devastating circumcision is to penis sensitivity". Diminishing or detrimental is how I'd put it. But if the circ. is botched, then it could be devastating.

15. D_Neasham Teattunger

My point was that it wasn't diminishing or detrimental at all. Of course I'd agree, if it's botched, it would be devasting. But that's true of any surgery. I just think the intactivists are over-reacting. It's not that big of a deal. We'd be better off if these folks would just go out and get laid, instead of obsessing over their circ status. Trust me, cut/uncut, it's all good.

16. D_Neasham Teattunger

I meant to emphasize the fact that it wasn't diminishing or detrimental at all. Of course I'd agree, if it's botched, it would be devasting. But that's true of any surgery. I just think the intactivists are over-reacting to something which is really not that big of a deal. Honestly, they would enjoy life a lot more if they'd direct their energy to getting laid, instead of obsessing over their, or someone elses, circ status. Trust me, cut/uncut, it's all good.

17. chico8

chico8 New Member

In your opinion maybe and that's fine. What's more, you were able to make the choice, I wasn't and my circ was botched.

18. SteveHd

Gold Member

Nine minutes later:
    I've been told to "get a life" a number of times. That's getting old. I've been told I'm obsessed or a fanatic. That too is getting old. I'm not obsessed with anyone's circ. state. Perhaps I'm obsessed with ending R.I.C. If it's an "obsession" then it's a human rights "obsession".

semendemon, did my post, #14, offend you?

19. D_Neasham Teattunger

There was nothing offensive about it. For a circ related thread, the tone has been unusually civil. I've noticed that some "intactivists" can can become downright militant in short order. You don't seem to be one of them.

Now, as for the human rights issue.
    I know we all have our causes and issues. But from what I can see, the vast majority of circumcised guys are doing just fine. (At least until they're informed that their penises has been mutilated, anyway.) Some how they manage to date, have sex, get married, have more sex, have children and go on to live a normal life inspite of their handicaped penis. (Okay, I'm being overly cynical here) But given what is going on in the rest of the world, it puzzles me to see this as even a low priority as a human rights abuse issue.

20. SteveHd

Gold Member

*Have we gotten off-topic?*
    That's not my point. Even if being cut is better, it would still be a decision that the owner/operator of the dick should make. I know there are more "worthy" causes such as world hunger but many of those have Hollywood big-asses et al campaigning for them. Not many speak for today's infant boys. I want future men make their own cut/intact decisions ... as you did.

Note to all: Look at which side was the first to use the word "mutilation" in this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted