New Study -- Circumcision and Sensitivity

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The study mentioned by simcha merely alleges the glans of circumcised men is as sensitive as that of uncircumcised men, however circumcised men miss out on the added extra sensation afforded by a foreskin.

The sorrells study linked by steve concludes

The glans of the circumcised penis is less sensitive to fine touch than the glans of the uncircumcised penis. The transitional region from the external to the internal prepuce is the most sensitive region of the uncircumcised penis and more sensitive than the most sensitive region of the circumcised penis. Circumcision ablates the most sensitive parts of the penis.

It amazes me that nobody has attempted to measure the true sensitivity of the foreskin.

Touching only one spot on the penis to measure sensitivity is like only showing a person the color black to see if they're color blind.

Obviously the only way to measure the true differences between a cut dick and intact one is through the act of sex. Something tells me that it's going to be a long time before that happens, in the US at least.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Chico, I don't know what you mean by "true sensitivity," but it might not be possible to perform such a measurement on just one person, nevermind, two groups of people divided by cut/intact status. Sensitivity and sensation are complex and there's some mental/subjective aspect as well. Maybe someday MRI or something similar will produce an answer.

I agree Dave, the pro circers are probably converting more people to non approval of RIC than the anti RIC gang.

wtf, why would a woman even be posting in this thread? you dont see me arguing about breast feeding.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
letsgetdrunk, defending an unconsenting person's right to genital integrity should be everyone's business. It's a human right that a lot of people don't yet understand.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Err because women are mothers, I have every right to comment on what is happening to children if I saw a woman slapping her child in the street I'd stop her, the defenceless have to rely on other people protecting their rights. If a man wants to be circumcised that's his right but men have no more rights than women to comment on RIC.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Err because women are mothers, I have every right to comment on what is happening to children if I saw a woman slapping her child in the street I'd stop her, the defenceless have to rely on other people protecting their rights. If a man wants to be circumcised that's his right but men have no more rights than women to comment on RIC.
You go, Princess! He might as well say only babies have a right to comment on infant circumcision (and they do, as best they can).

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
He or she got himself banned already apparently. I was just going to ask letsgetdrunk how he or she likes the things docs do to the intersexed at birth.

That must be one of the quickest bannings on record.

hottxboi16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
true, but you don't remember it. circumcision gets done every day and if a baby wasn't strong enough to handle it, they wouldn't have been doing it for all these years.

That was the most awe inspiring comment, not because it was intelligently made, but because it represents the common idiocy found in most Americans. I suppose because a baby could handle having their arms amputated and sew up that makes it acceptable? I know that is an extreme case, but you made an absolutely moronic statement, and I wanted to convey how pitifully stupid it was.

mister_y

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think this is nonsense. If you are circumsized you don't have any protection anymore for your penis head. So there will come a bit of hard skin on it.
And: sensitivity can be measured. If you pick 500 circumsized guys and 500 uncircumsized guys and you ask, or test.., how long it takes when they jerk off before they cum. If their is a significance difference, like 30 minutes or something, this can be interpreted as a positive outcome.

D

deleted15807

I think this is nonsense. If you are circumsized you don't have any protection anymore for your penis head. So there will come a bit of hard skin on it.
And: sensitivity can be measured. If you pick 500 circumsized guys and 500 uncircumsized guys and you ask, or test.., how long it takes when they jerk off before they cum. If their is a significance difference, like 30 minutes or something, this can be interpreted as a positive outcome.

You would need a few more 'controls' on your study to be relevant.

pangolin

Just Browsing
Media
There is a lawyer's organiztion called attorneys for the rights of the child (arc.org) that works on this issue. It seems to me that any guy who who is displeased about having been circumcised as infant could file a complaint against the offending physiciian (for elective surgery without consent) with the state medical board. They wouldn't win cases but would cause at least some inconvenience and embarrassment to the physician involved. They hate hassles. Done frequently enough, this could have a significant deterrent effect, especially now that people can access the internet to find out how many complaints physicians have against them. In my case, the physician in question is long dead. So, I can't do this myself.

Yeah, too bad my doctor is like 70, retired with alzheimer's here 32 years later.

oldick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You agod it right. Try drying out your tongue and the tasting something. It proves that moisture improves sensitivity. The penus is meant to be moist. Leave well enough alone.
dafud

pangolin

Just Browsing
Media
And indeed ONE DAY we may have the ability to offer up proof of irreparable harm due to circumcision but today in 2007 there exists NO PROOF unlike smoking(1700 deaths per day), unlike drinking(44 deaths per day), unlike over-eating, unlike not exercising, unlike poor nutrition, etc.

Um, cutting off a part of your body *just is* irreparable harm (barring restorative breakthroughs in medical technology).

totos_schwanz

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

crossfade29

Experimental Member
Media
I got cut about 6 years ago when I was in my mid 30s. There was a very slight reduction in surface sensitivity behind the glans, but I also experience more friction than before, which makes it feel more intense. If anything, my orgasms are stronger now than before. I don't miss the foreskin at all.

My experience is identical to this- stimulation is more immediate due to increased friction.