New Study: Index Finger Predicts Penis Size

Choose the option that describes you the best.

• I am a heterosexual male and have a longer ring finger

Votes: 148 38.7%
  • I am a heterosexual male and have a longer index finger

Votes: 34 8.9%
  • I am a heterosexual male and have equal length ring and index fingers

Votes: 36 9.4%
  • I am a homosexual male and have a longer ring finger

Votes: 104 27.2%
  • I am a homosexual male and have a longer index finger

Votes: 30 7.9%
  • I am a homosexual male and have equal length ring and index finger

Votes: 30 7.9%

• Total voters

Finedessert: I've never seen a man with a 8" index finger, as some of our posters have claimed to have a 8" soft Dick, I think this study is all bunk.

Grandpa

DoubleDigitDick: I read the article and don't believe it for a second. They only studied a few dozen men when they should have published their results only after measuring a few hundred men minimum. So, their results may be affected by small number statistics. (no pun intended. :) )

The article did not mention anything about their measuring method. So, I am left with questions such as "Did they measure every penis in the same way?" "Did they measure the finger in the same way?" It's possible that some errors in measurement occurred which render their results invalid.

Lastly, I saw no actual statistical data, such as the average, standard deviation or the actual correlation. Even with using the same measurement technique consistently and having no measurement errors, the results can be such a low positive correlation that the result is not meaningful. With only a few dozen men, they can have a correlation of .3 and still be meaningless. If they had a correlation of .2 among thousands of men, then that would be meaningful.

thingsteal: Point your thumb and index finger like you're making a gun.

The distance between the tip of my index finger and the far end of my thumb going in the opposite direction is exactly the length of my penis when erect.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
The index finger and thumb doesn't work for me ... I can't see that it possibly could.

The only correlation with penis size in my case is the balls .. they are pretty well proportional.

But even if that relationship was so for all of us (which I doubt) .. still no help for women on the hunt for the big guys ;)

Donk: If there is any correlation, it would be pure coincidence. Most penises are within a couple inches of each other in length, so are most index fingers. Big whoop. If my index finger was in proportion to my penis, I would look like E.T.

Finedessert: Only when he wears [glow=red,2,300]Neon[/glow] Condoms.

;D

Grandpa

ceg1526: Hmmm. I lost the tip of my left index finger in an accident years ago. Was that to make up for my being circumcised as a baby?

Ceg

Late_Bloomer: [quote author=thingsteal link=board=meetgreet;num=1035120134;start=0#4 date=10/20/02 at 19:24:02]Point your thumb and index finger like you're making a gun.

The distance between the tip of my index finger and the far end of my thumb going in the opposite direction is exactly the length of my penis when erect.[/quote]
You got 9.25" index fingers? That's pretty impressive. Maybe you should play basketball. ;)

If I use this "gun" method, I get a shave over halfway down my 10" erection, but that is probably about my flacid length (~5.5-6")... so I dunno what that's saying about this study, heh.

roedhunt: This is an old thread, but I'm new and checking the posts...

I have heard so many ways a woman can find out length and width on a man:

1) his shoe size
2) his nose size
3) if his fingers are long and thin
4) if his finger are stubs and thick
5) take the middle finger, bend it toward his wrist as far as it will go. mark where it landed, then open up the finger. From the point where it landed to the top of his finger.
6) wrap the thumb and pointer around the two middle fingers loosely. thats the width

and my favorite...MEASURE IT!!! hahahaha

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=roedhunt link=board=meetgreet;num=1035120134;start=0#12 date=01/02/04 at 05:06:09]MEASURE IT!!![/quote]

That's the only sure way. It's been pretty well established that there's no correlation between penis size and the size of any other body part.

palladen: Reminds me of the line from Ghostbusters:
"Back off man ... I'm a scientist!"

Donk: Ooh, I have one: I recently read on a candy wrapper the interesting science fact that a person's forearm will be the same length as the person's foot. When I compared, sure enough, it checked out. I also realized that my penis is roughly the same length (maybe a tad longer, but close enough). So, based on this exhaustive scientific research, I conclude that the length of a man's forearm and/or foot will correspond to the length of his penis, give or take an inch.

P.S. Another candy wrapper informed me that it is impossible for human beings to lick their own elbows. Based on past "research" I conducted privately a few years ago, this does not hold true for the penis (at least when one is young and limber enough, though it may change as a man ages).

roedhunt: In my personal experience, I have wondered if all these myths were truths. So, thru the years, I have secretly measured... And yes, 9 times out of ten, it was true.

oh..BTW.. heard a new one... Put your pointer finger and middle finger side by side. If your middle finger extends a little above your pointer, its about normal. the longer the middle above the pointer is supposed to be how above normal in length you are.. So I guess that means that if they are the same length...... Ah well.. the things we hear about..... ;D

Thumper_10x7_CA: Not True! I did a study similar to that when I was in college (I got an A too but I think it's cause it turned my professor on.) Anyway, I documented 100 guys. I personally measured their noses, the size of their palm from the "heel" (where the palm and wrist meet) to the tip of the middle finger, I measure their thumbs, I took shoe sizes, wrist circumference, I measured the size of their ears and I even measured the length of their tongues. That last one was an interesting one. I then had them put if they were gay, straight or bi. Sadly I didn't personally measure their dicks, I WISH! but I had them annonymously write it down in my notes. I didn't use names and I used random numbering having them log all the measurements themselves so I never knew what measurements went to who specifically.
All I got from the results were that there is no correlation at all. Some things were more accurate then others, but by fractions of a percent. If I remember right the one that was the most similar was the wrist size in relation to the dick size. Guys with thinner wrists seemed to have, on average, larger dicks. But again that was the leader by a tiny margin.
The 2 things that I remember most from study was it proved to me that men have, on average, smaller dicks then I thought. I think the average of my study was 6. The biggest was 11 (when I saw that one I wish I had written all the info myself so I could go back to him!!!) The smallest was 4. The other thing which stood out was of the 100 men, most said they were bi. Something like 40 were bi, 32 were gay and 28 were straight.
I wish I still had the study.

AUncut10in: The scientific study that comes out and says there is absolutely no predictor of dick size is the one I will believe. I am 5'9" (so height is ruled out) shoe size 8.5, small hands and fingers, regular size ears and balls, and short index thumb length. Aboslutely nothing about me is above average except my dick (7 soft, 10 x 6 hard}. And I guess if I would want something above average that would be it. Personally if someone wants to know my dick size, rather than look at my feet, they should just rip my clothes off <G>

roedhunt: Ok.. As a woman I'm dying to know then.. Is there a way women (or men) can tell if a man is big/long? Just watch and see if he gets an erection? Does that give us a clue or is it mostly material/fabric?