New Study: Index Finger Predicts Penis Size

Choose the option that describes you the best.

• I am a heterosexual male and have a longer ring finger

Votes: 148 38.7%
  • I am a heterosexual male and have a longer index finger

Votes: 34 8.9%
  • I am a heterosexual male and have equal length ring and index fingers

Votes: 36 9.4%
  • I am a homosexual male and have a longer ring finger

Votes: 104 27.2%
  • I am a homosexual male and have a longer index finger

Votes: 30 7.9%
  • I am a homosexual male and have equal length ring and index finger

Votes: 30 7.9%

• Total voters

TheLiberator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What he says is true, however, it is a known fact that Testosterone Production does experience a spike in growth after an orgasm.

Now, to get back to the point, measure your ring fingers and index fingers, preferably in metric, and post them here pl0x.

D_Sally_Sackrider

Experimental Member
Media
Alright boys,

Let's do an experiment/ test! Shall we!

researchers measured the “index finger length, which correlated significantly with the dimensions of the flaccid, maximally stretched penis.” Another study—this one with 1500 men—found that length of index finger was significantly correlated with penis

Researchers have speculated that the ratio of index finger to ring finger can provide clues to how much testosterone a fetus is exposed to in the uterus. Longer index fingers may be a proxy to higher amounts of testosterone in the womb, and therefore, larger penises.

See if the index finger is the same length as your cock! Or this research is bogus. I'm curious to know! Please show pics!!

Unwice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If I understand this correctly I must say It's bogus- My penis is twice as long as my indexfinger, which is much shorter than my ring finger...

Penis size is linked to finger measurements, say Korean scientists. Full story here: Penis size linked to finger measurements, say Korean scientists - HealthPop - CBS News

The shorter index finger than ring finger you have, the longer stretched penile length you have

hand.gif
I think it would be a good idea for us to carry out an experiment.
In order for us to carry out this experiment. We will need a photo of our right hand placed flat down with your fingers pointed straight.

Please attach your photo and be sure to include the nessessary info, penis lengh/girth.

MAKE SURE: Your finger nails are cut before hand
Right hand ONLY

My Penis: 6.1 Erect
4.5inch Girth

Attachments

sizequeenNY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No, this thread is not about finger banging, it's about your cock size. There is an interesting study about sizing- http://www.latimes.com/health/boost...ength-20110704,0,7466505.story?obref=obinsite Let me know how you measure up, for record keeping purposes only of course ;)

Penis length cannot be determined by how big his hands or feet are -- those and other supposed indicators have been widely discredited for years. But now a team of Korean researchers has produced what may be a more reliable guide: the ratio of the length of his index finger to that of his ring finger. The lower that ratio, the longer the penis may be, the researchers wrote Monday in the Asian Journal of Andrology.

Dr. Tae Beom Kim, a urologist at Gachon University in Incheon, Korea, and his colleagues studied 144 men over the age of 20 who were undergoing urological surgery for conditions that do not affect the length of the penis. One member of the team carefully measured the lengths of the index and ring fingers on the subject's right hand before surgery -- left hands are thought to be more variable. A second team member then measured penis length immediately after the subject had been anesthetized. The length was measured both when the penis was flaccid and when it had been stretched as much as possible. Stretched length is thought to correlate to erect length, the team wrote. The team found that, in general, the lower the ratio of the lengths of the two fingers, the longer the stretched length of the penis.

Although it may seem like the results are coming out of left field, they actually are not. A variety of studies suggest that the ratio of the two finger lengths is determined by prenatal exposure to sex hormones, both testosterone and estrogen. It is not unreasonable to assume that penis length might also be.

Men and women are what is termed sexually dysmorphic in terms of finger lengths. In women, the index and ring fingers are generally the same length, while in men the index finger is generally shorter. Researchers from UC Berkeley created a stir in 2000 when they reported that lesbian women tended to have a ratio of the two finger lengths that was more typical of men. But the situation was more complicated for men. The team found no difference in the ratio between gay and straight men unless they had several older brothers -- a factor which had previously been linked to being homosexual. Such men were found to have an unusually low ratio of the finger lengths.

Other recent research has suggested that men with a lower ratio have a more symmetrical face and are more attractive to women, a phenomenon known as the "sexy ratio." And just last year, researchers from Warwick University and the Institute of Cancer Research in Britain reported that a man's risk of developing prostate cancer is related to the ratio of the two digits. Men whose index finger in longer than their ring finger were found to be one-third less likely to develop prostate cancer.

Digit ratios are noninvasive and easy to measure and thus may provide a surrogate for studying prenatal development in men, wrote Dr. Denise Brooks McQuade of Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. in an editorial accompanying the study.

PS- I am available to measure if you need assistance, kidding, kind of

Barely Big

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've heard this sort of thing with increased hormone exposure in relation to finger ratio, but it always sounds a bit silly to me. For example I've heard that most successful stock brokers have lower digit ratios. Something to do with prenatal hormonal exposure giving the characteristic for aggressiveness. I'm not actually sure this is even that grand a claim, but all the finger length business just seems too silly to establish a solid correlation or causation.

In the interest of science (of course) my right ring finger seems a little longer than my index finger. Personally the correlation seems true on the penis count, but not very much the aggressive stock broker count.

You can measure my fingers; I'm in NY :wink:

sumbodii

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was torn between posting this here or in Sex with a Large Penis, but since this has nothing to do with sex...

Penis length: Research find new way to measure penis length - latimes.com

The results of this research show a correlation between the ratio of (the length the index finger to the length of the ring finger) and penis length. Basically, if your ring finger is longer than your index finger you should have a longer penis.

Someone had posted this story quite a long time ago but it only just occured to me that on a site that has a strong emphasis on penis size and a lot of camera wielding users we could conduct our own research.

Post a pic of your hand with your ring and index finger lengths clearly visible, followed by a pic of what you're working with. We'll see if a lower ratio really does mean a longer penis. For extra clarity, your ring finger is the finger next to your pinky and your index finger is next to your thumb.

Bonus points if you post a ruler pic for credibility! I'll start (though I couldn't stay fully hard for my ruler pic so I included one of me fully hard).

Attachments

B_bigmick

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
a ring finger longer then ur index finger means that there was more testosterone present in fetal development, so hey guess it could be true

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
in a bar a few years back, my wife and a female friend were having a discussion about big penis "indicators". about that time I set my hand on the bar, and the female friend kind of freaked out, "look at the size of your thumb". she turned to my wife and said, "he has a real fat, thick penis, doesn't he?' my wife nodded yes, they were speaking in a kinda hushed tone. I really don't know what she saw in my thumb. anyway my ring finger is about 1/2" longer than my index finger. my cock is 7.25x 6.5.

My index finger and ring finger are pretty much the exact same length, ahahaha. Penis does not correlate.

sumbodii

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, had been offline for a while without my laptop but I'm glad to see this thread has some responses still coming in. Thanks for all the responses guys.
I have an index finger much longer than my ring finger and am well above average.
I was expecting exceptions, had just wanted to see if the research held true to any extent.
Yet another theory that is a steaming load of crap. Longer ring finger and hung on the shorter side of average
Chill out dude, this is just some harmless fun. And given that the responses so far show a slight tendency towards longer ring finger equals longer penis (5 are in line with it, 3 against) it's a little early to call it a load of crap.

I guess I should have made this a poll for better comparisons...

I have been thinking about this for a while and I just realized this website is the perfect way to conduct such an experiment since there are lots of guys with big dicks.

Basically what you have to do is, get a camera and do the following:

1) Stretch your fingers as far apart from each other and from the center of your hand as you can.
2) Then immediately close them up as if you're doing the Hitler salute (couldn't think of another way of explaining the position).
3) Take a picture of your hand from above and upload it and don't forget to mention your penis size too.

What I'm thinking of is (and this is supported by science as well), penis size might be related to the ratio between pointer, middle and ring finger. Hopefully we can establish a sort of reliable way of determining size from just looking at a finger lol. I'll take a picture of mine really soon. Thanks for participating.