New Study: Index Finger Predicts Penis Size

Choose the option that describes you the best.

• I am a heterosexual male and have a longer ring finger

Votes: 148 38.7%
  • I am a heterosexual male and have a longer index finger

Votes: 34 8.9%
  • I am a heterosexual male and have equal length ring and index fingers

Votes: 36 9.4%
  • I am a homosexual male and have a longer ring finger

Votes: 104 27.2%
  • I am a homosexual male and have a longer index finger

Votes: 30 7.9%
  • I am a homosexual male and have equal length ring and index finger

Votes: 30 7.9%

• Total voters

I'm assuming that if your ring finger is noticeably longer than your index, than you have a good possibility of having a big penis.

i looked into this earlier this year and its pretty damn accurate. I cant argue the scientific basis but it appears sound, the information regarding digit ratios in women is very revealing as well, its not a bad framework.

It beats the hell out for all the other mythology for example: penis size predictors like nose length, tall guys, big hands, big feet...blah blah.

Very revealing in my case and its help shed some light on my personality and factors such as environmentally related behavioral features.

Good to see you posted it.

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I recently read a critical review of this study by someone who knew something about multivariate regression analysis.

The bottom line is that yes, the researchers did find a correlation between penis length and the ring finger to index finger length ratio, but the finger length ratio explained only 4-5% of the variance in observed penis length. 95-96% of penis length variance had nothing to do with the finger ratio. What this means is that the finger length ratio has virtually no predictive value when it comes to guessing penis size.

Similar to the penis length versus race issue. Some studies have shown a statistically significant correlation between penis size and race, but the correlation coefficient is so low that race has no positive predictive value when it comes to estimating the penis size of any single individual or small (as in not enormous) group of individuals.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
on my left hand the index and ring finger are about the same size. on my right hand the ring finger is slightly longer. any theory is gonna be hard to prove by me, cuz I'm tall, got big feet and hands, a large nose, big cock and balls.

Hangin9nPHX

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I recently read an article about a study done overseas on the length of your penis compared to the difference of length between your index (pointer) and ring fingers. (It has something to do with your testosterone levels.) If your ring finger is longer than your index finger, you're more likely to have a big penis. (Do a Google search... you'll find it.)

Well... needless to say, now I'm checking out the hands on every guy that I can get a good look at. So... I though I'd do a survey with y'all on LPSG, since most of us are hung, and see if your fingers reveal the same info.

I'm 5' 7", 150lbs, wear a size 11 shoe, (my Hawaiian bud says I should be wearing canoes), I have about 1/2" difference in length between the fingers in question, a shaved head, nice full chest of fur (probably cause of my testosterone levels) and I'm sporting a 9" x 6" penis. I thought it was cool the study proved spot on for me, but does it for you? So... I'd like to hear from y'all, either to back up this study or debunk it. (Man I'm looking forward to hearing your feed back because if it proves false... I just have freakishly big feet and long ring fingers.)

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I recently read an article about a study done overseas on the length of your penis compared to the difference of length between your index (pointer) and ring fingers. (It has something to do with your testosterone levels.) If your ring finger is longer than your index finger, you're more likely to have a big penis. (Do a Google search... you'll find it.)

Well... needless to say, now I'm checking out the hands on every guy that I can get a good look at. So... I though I'd do a survey with y'all on LPSG, since most of us are hung, and see if your fingers reveal the same info.

I'm 5' 7", 150lbs, wear a size 11 shoe, (my Hawaiian bud says I should be wearing canoes), I have about 1/2" difference in length between the fingers in question, a shaved head, nice full chest of fur (probably cause of my testosterone levels) and I'm sporting a 9" x 6" penis. I thought it was cool the study proved spot on for me, but does it for you? So... I'd like to hear from y'all, either to back up this study or debunk it. (Man I'm looking forward to hearing your feed back because if it proves false... I just have freakishly big feet and long ring fingers.)

2d4d 0.92 ratio here I think it does more then likely have something to do with it.

5'10 217 pounds size 12 shoes

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Where's this study? There's lots of measurements that will, on the average man, come out to the average penis size. On a site like this, that might be a different set of measurements than for the general population. Still, since I see no possible reason for a genetic relationship between the two offhand, I'd have to look at the study first.

odave

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
my left ring finger is about 1/4" longer than my index finger. My RIGHT ring finger, on the other hand (no pun intended), is about 1/4" shorter than my index finger. I'm a little over 7 inches long and 6 inches in circumference.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
on my left hand, ring and index are the same. on my right hand, ring finger is 1/2" longer. I'm 7..5 x 6.5. a female friend of myself and my wife once commented after looking at my thumbs that I had a very thick penis. I have no idea what she saw in my thumbs.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
My hands are truly BIG, 9" from wrist to tip of middle finger, and I wear size 14 shoes; both, according to the disproved wives' tales, supposedly a sign of being hung. So now here comes another anatomical indication to play upon.

My ring finger is 1/2" longer than my index finger.
Ring to index ratio is 0.89.
My erect cock, in REAL inches (NOT internet inches) is 7.75" x 6.25" girth.
My body is 6'5" x 200 pounds.

I don't doubt that there may be a relationship between that particular finger ratio and hormone levels, as I've always had a very high testosterone level. But that still doesn't guarantee anything. For instance, in spite of my high T-levels, my body is virtually hairless.

But the neat thing about all these supposed physical indicators of genital endowment is that they can often be a discreet lead-in for broaching the subject in a playful manner. I've wound up sleeping with several men and women who took the initiative to comment on the size of my hands and/or feet. I recounted my favorite such encounter in another thread here:

http://www.lpsg.org/168731-whats-your-reaction-and-impression-4.html

Attachments

squidly

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I'm 6' 1" and wear a size 13 shoe. My right ring finger is just under a half inch longer than my index finger. My left ring finger is a bit over a half inch longer. And I'm hung like a horse. A seahorse.