New to Kegels

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_Framster, Apr 7, 2011.

1. B_Framster

B_Framster New Member

Hi - New to this forum and to doing kegels. I keep reading that it is important to work the right muscles, and I am concerned about isolating the correct ones. When I to do them my sphincter clenches. Is this simply what happens with a proper kegel, or should I be trying for muscles that don't include the sphincter?

Second question: I usually perform them while flaccid. Are kegels the muscles that let you "bounce" your penis when it is erect? If so, is doing bouncing while erect an adequate kegel exercise?

Thanks for any input!

2. affarsbitrade

affarsbitrade Active Member

As long as you're feeling your genitals almost contract into you when you squeeze , almost like you're trying to draw them back up into your lower abdomen, then you are working the right muscles. I find that if I clench my sphincter as well it's a bit like clenching your teeth when you're working out. I can definitely hold for longer if I tense up that entire region.

3. Jhonny1

Jhonny1 New Member

I am doing them now and it feels good doing them.

4. D_Jane_Fondue

D_Jane_Fondue Account Disabled

Just started doing them too, so I can train myself not to cum

5. LightSpeed999

LightSpeed999 New Member

I've read the muscle you want is the one that you use to stop the flow of urine. So go to the bathroom, go, and stop it. That should tell you the right muscle.

Draft saved Draft deleted