New warning on 'perfect vaginas'

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What you don't seem capable of understanding is what causes someone to feel the need to do something that is really irrelevant. It is the difference in a culture that has come to see it as necessary for happiness as opposed to those who know that it is unnecessary.

In my country, if someone really needs cosmetic surgery, they are likely to get it free on the National Health Service. The purely vain and victims of imposed vanity have to pay.

Christ, spare us the sermons about America's failings for just a day or two, eh? We live here. We're aware.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What you don't seem capable of understanding is what causes someone to feel the need to do something that is really irrelevant. It is the difference in a culture that has come to see it as necessary for happiness as opposed to those who know that it is unnecessary.

In my country, if someone really needs cosmetic surgery, they are likely to get it free on the National Health Service. The purely vain and victims of imposed vanity have to pay.

American plastic surgeons take CASH and CREDIT CARD. It's no ones responsibility but your own to pay for it. Which is exactly the way it should be. It's an elective surgery and should remain that way.

Back the fuck off of me about your stupid healthcare system, its not the way we do it here. And go take out your anger on your gov't not someone on the internet who doesnt agree with it in the first place.

I believe if you want your nose shaved down or your belly sucked off, you should fork up the cash for it. I've never seen it any other way.

I shattered my arm earlier in the year, in addition to my almost $400 a month health insurance premium i got to pay $3,000 out of pocket for the surgery and other medical bills. It's no one elses responsibility to pay for my injuries, let alone plastic surgery.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
What you don't seem capable of understanding is what causes someone to feel the need to do something that is really irrelevant.

okay, i probably agree, but who decides what is relevant and what is not? i am just curious. what you think.

Last edited:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's the downside for people who have so little body fat (for whatever reason)...as they age and their skin loses its elasticity, without that little layer of fat to fill in and round out the tissue...well, they just don't age very prettily.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey chill out, i have never had any form of work done. I just believe that you are assuming just because you wouldnt do it no one could be happy with it. Im happy with my body for the most part and i dont see someone getting their lips done or their tummy lipo'd or their nose done as a shallow thing if they feel much more attractive afterwards. Obviously your own feelings come in to play about how you would do something, but dont be an ass about someone else doing it.

I agree.

People pay money to upgrade/fix/repair their cars and THEY aren't considered shallow. So why do people holler "shallow" when someone touches up the "vehicle" they walk around in?

Sure, there are plastic surgery nightmares walking around (Kenny Rogers, Meg Ryan, Priscilla Presley, etc.) but there are plenty of folks that have had a little bit of "help" that came out OK.

That being said, I don't think labia trimming is a good idea. What if one lost some sensation? Yikes.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a good friend who is a Park Avenue plastic surgeon. I was invited to a dinner held by others in his profession honoring him. If you ever wanna see a horror show, just look at the wives at a plastic surgeons' dinner. Frightening, I tell ya...

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only reason women are even considering this operation is because we now see pussies everywhere! When I was entering puberty in the early '70's, we never got to see a pussy...ever! Even Playboy was pussy-free. Now, there is a basis for comparison. And once that happens, we set a standard for beauty. There will always be those with the money and insecurity to want the best...of everything.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Back the fuck off of me about your stupid healthcare system, its not the way we do it here.

Do you not see your double standard PM? If you are happy with your system, why can't you let others be happy with theirs? Did I call your system stupid? No, I just mentioned that in our system, people who have psychological issues because of problem that might be rectified through plastic surgery, can be treated free of charge. I know several people who have benefited from it.

okay, i probably agree, but who decides what is relevant and what is not? i am just curious. what you think.

I don't like the road that creates aspiration and expectation for things that are ephemeral, fashion driven and therefore not really relevant imo. It makes more people miserable than it makes happy. I don't care whether it's the financial aspirations that have left the economy in misery or the cosmetic surgery industry peddling their aspirations.

I imagine that most women would find the Chinese practice of foot binding a disgrace, but is it so different from telling your daughters that larger labia are ugly, or rather that only small neat ones are beautiful? Would any of you stand for a partner who told you to get your labia trimmed?

I don't think that women were unhappy with their labia (and their partners almost certainly were'nt) until people started pushing some supposed ideal in their face.

The problem with fashion is that it tends to bulldoze reasonable alternative positions. Then it changes it mind.

Giving your body a helping hand is not the same as mutilating it for others' expectations.

That's my opinion. As an old friend says, beauty may be skin deep, but ugliness goes right to the bone.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you not see your double standard PM? If you are happy with your system, why can't you let others be happy with theirs? Did I call your system stupid? No, I just mentioned that in our system, people who have psychological issues because of problem that might be rectified through plastic surgery, can be treated free of charge. I know several people who have benefited from it.

"...in our system, people who have psychological iussues..."

right there is where you imply that people who get plastic surgery, and our system, is stupid.

we all have psychological issues. who are you to judge people on the severity on it, and how we should address those issues?

i'm not trying to attack you. i thnk of you very highly, and as a very rational man, which is the only reason i'm surprised by your answer...

i don't see how you can judge someone else's "psychological issues" or happiness, when such things are completely subjective, and dealt with on a personal level.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media

"...in our system, people who have psychological iussues..."

right there is where you imply that people who get plastic surgery, and our system, is stupid.

I don't read Drifter's post that way at all. I think you are inferring the 'stupidity'. All Drifter is saying is that, on a case by case basis, plastic surgery can be found to be psychologically benefical and therefore covered by the National Health Service. It can also be deemed to be pysiologically benefical and be covered by the NHS. The system here in France is the same. Who judges the physiological and psychological needs of the patient? Doctors, of course. If a person is judged not to 'need' plastic surgery but still wants it there is nothing at all to stop them from buying it.

we all have psychological issues. who are you to judge people on the severity on it, and how we should address those issues?

*snip*

i don't see how you can judge someone else's "psychological issues" or happiness, when such things are completely subjective, and dealt with on a personal level.

It is completely dealt with on a personal level, by the patient and doctor together. Drifter is not a doctor and, as a layman :smile: :rolleyes:, he does not get to decide anything for anyone but himself.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I don't read Drifter's post that way at all. I think you are inferring the 'stupidity'. All Drifter is saying is that, on a case by case basis, plastic surgery can be found to be psychologically benefical and therefore covered by the National Health Service. It can also be deemed to be pysiologically benefical and be covered by the NHS. The system here in France is the same. Who judges the physiological and psychological needs of the patient? Doctors, of course. If a person is judged not to 'need' plastic surgery but still wants it there is nothing at all to stop them from buying it.

It is completely dealt with on a personal level, by the patient and doctor together. Drifter is not a doctor and, as a layman :smile: :rolleyes:, he does not get to decide anything for anyone but himself.

Correct.

Let's hope I don't become a lay preacher. :smile:

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't read Drifter's post that way at all. I think you are inferring the 'stupidity'. All Drifter is saying is that, on a case by case basis, plastic surgery can be found to be psychologically benefical and therefore covered by the National Health Service. It can also be deemed to be pysiologically benefical and be covered by the NHS. The system here in France is the same. Who judges the physiological and psychological needs of the patient? Doctors, of course. If a person is judged not to 'need' plastic surgery but still wants it there is nothing at all to stop them from buying it..

Wow, totally understand his post more now. Thanks, Manly. :) I feel quite silly for interpreting it in another way, because now reading your post...it's quite obvious what he meant. :tongue:

Sorry, Drift! Ya know I love ya. :cool:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah. This is the reason I never click "gallery" and I don't check out women's galleries in case I see something that makes my stomach turn. It would really ruin my esteem for them.

My gallery is safe - no pussy pics there! I don't want to look at mine, so I'm not going to get it photographed! :biggrin1: But I never even thought of surgery on it! I only think now in terms of that other women are getting surgery on theirs... I'm fine with my pussy the way it is. Yeah, it's probably ugly but I think ALL pussies are ugly so it's no big deal. As long as it works it's fine with me.

People pay money to upgrade/fix/repair their cars and THEY aren't considered shallow. So why do people holler "shallow" when someone touches up the "vehicle" they walk around in?

Sure, there are plastic surgery nightmares walking around (Kenny Rogers, Meg Ryan, Priscilla Presley, etc.) but there are plenty of folks that have had a little bit of "help" that came out OK.

That being said, I don't think labia trimming is a good idea. What if one lost some sensation? Yikes.

I'm not against plastic surgery per se (I mean, I want lipo on my stomach myself! And I'd like to have the new stem cell breast augmentation too but I'm not even sure that's available yet. But then, I don't have the money for this stuff anyway...), but I think THIS plastic surgery is a bad idea, for the reason you mentioned... you could lose sensation.

SnitchQitch

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i don't want to judge... because i am perfectly ok with my vahjayjay.... but i just dislike the color of the labia, and i might do smthg in the future about it.. soo.... yep.

tasteslikejellyjam

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree.

seriously... WTF happened to Meg Ryan...
and Kenny Rogers is just plain hard to look at...
I'm not a huge fan of plastic surgery...
mainly because most of the surgeons are hacks...
I also live in SoCali...
and I've seen plenty of walking disasters...
but if my boobs start sagging much later...
sign me up for a breast lift... XD

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I have a good friend who is a Park Avenue plastic surgeon. I was invited to a dinner held by others in his profession honoring him. If you ever wanna see a horror show, just look at the wives at a plastic surgeons' dinner. Frightening, I tell ya...
It's goddamn malpractice -- on their own family members.