New Years resolutions... breaking down...

Duality

Experimental Member
Media
Around the end of '06 my life was really spiraling out of control, so I put together a ridiculously long list of things I wanted to change about myself... and on New Year's Day I started to work on making that list a reality. Things went really well for a while, but now 'cracks' are starting to show and my dedication to certain improvements is waning - my very pressence here is proof of this to be honest.

But since I'm here... anyone else set any resolutions? Still going strong? I need motivation!

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Go back, and re-evaluate your goals, take some time for yourself, and try again. I never make resolutions, because I am not motivated enough to keep them on track. The only long standing dedication I've had thus far, is to my animals, and this site.

Duality

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks TK.

In the past I was never one for setting goals like this either, which made this undertaking all the harder (yet all the more rewarding).

Anyone else?

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think the most important thing about resolutions is that when you're trying to make difficult changes to your behavior, you have to account for the possibility you might fall off the wagon. The real question is not whether or not that will happen, but what to do if it does. Do you declare your resolution and/or yourself a failure and fall all the way back down the hill? Or do you just pick yourself up and get back on that wagon? If you can, you will be better armed with lessons about what might derail you next time.

The second thing IMO is to separate resolutions that are genuinely about improving your quality of life from those that are driven by outside ideas/guilt about what lifestyle standards you should live up to. The faster you can dump the latter, the better.

Good luck! :wink:

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Reassess your list. Do you still want to achieve what you've resolved? If not, fine, move on.

But if you do, then dust yourself off and keep trying. June 1st is just a good a day to make changes in your life as January 1st. And don't be too hard on yourself if you have a slip-up here or there--it happens.

Best of luck to you! :smile: