New York/New Jersey Style Pizza. What's the secret?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
[B said:
ZOS23[/b]xy;1256423]The secret ingridient in New Jersey water is fresh mountain springs.

How come you named yourself after Herpes Zoster?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, you ignorant clown, I did not.

When you quote someone, do it accurately. It pays to be fair.

The name stems from a shaman; were you not focusing on dragging people through the mud, you might have asked politely and be given a constructive answer.

Shingles is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Jane, you ignorant slut.:wink:

I was only joking. Just like when I see MASSIVE EGO CHUCK.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In New Jersey it's the tiny specks of Jimmy Hoffa they shake on top that give it that special flavor. :biggrin1:

That's the rumor, but it's actually tiny specks of Vicodin from our Pharmaceutical industry.

reallyhot

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Don't know about american Pizza, but the best pizza I ever had was
in Italy. Should have asked for the recipe...LOL Unfortunately I didn't
even come close to being able to understand the waiter! LOL

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Could I hijack this thread for a moment to ask a somewhat related question? Does anyone know about Grinder sandwiches of the kind you find in Southeastern Connecticut?

I do indeed JustAsking. They are great. There is actually a place in Kansas Cty that makes wonderful grinders. It's on Westport Road and I can't remember the name of the place.

Megs, do you know where I am talking about? Just across from the huge vintage record store there.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do indeed JustAsking. They are great. There is actually a place in Kansas Cty that makes wonderful grinders. It's on Westport Road and I can't remember the name of the place.

Megs, do you know where I am talking about? Just across from the huge vintage record store there.
Grinders in KC? Who knew? I grew up on those things. They were invented in the town I was born in. I have been trying to duplicate them in Ohio. I have everything down but the bread. That's the hard part.

Everywhere else I have lived, I have tried to cultivate a relationship with a local sub shop. This is so they get used to the copious amounts of olive oil I keep asking for on the subs.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Grinders have nothing on Italian Beef Subs in Chicago... You just don't get better than that... And there isn't such a thing as Italian Beef Subs outside of Chicago. I've never found it anywhere else.

I think that I'll continue taking a pass on the Plutonium Chloride in the New York / New Jersey area water. Also all of that medical waste that gets washed up on the shoreline is something to avoid. I'm sure it adds something special to that stuff they claim to call "pizza." LOL

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Grinders in KC? Who knew? I grew up on those things. They were invented in the town I was born in. I have been trying to duplicate them in Ohio. I have everything down but the bread. That's the hard part. Ohio has lousy bread. I had to live in Akron for 9 weeks for work many years ago and I remember trying to make hoagies. It was impossible.
Everywhere else I have lived, I have tried to cultivate a relationship with a local sub shop. This is so they get used to the copious amounts of olive oil I keep asking for on the subs.
I always tell them olive oil on both sides of the bread and NO vinegar. Vinegar is the same consistency as water and it makes the bread mushy and wet. I hate that. :yuck:

I never claimed that it was good.... just cheap.
If you want good, nobody can beat JoJo's in Stittsville Ontario. They put the mushrooms under the cheese... makes all the difference.
SENATORS WILL SMASH PUNY LEAFS! (you just got lucky tonight)
Yech! :yuck: That is exactly why I hate Papa John's Pizza. Mushrooms, pepperoni, green peppers, etc., these things are called toppings for a reason. They belong on top of the pizza! :rolleyes:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NJ,
Yes, bread in Akron sucks, and so do any Italian ingredients. It took me weeks to find the 60 day aged Provolone for my homemade grinders.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Grinders in KC? Who knew? I grew up on those things. They were invented in the town I was born in. I have been trying to duplicate them in Ohio. I have everything down but the bread. That's the hard part.

You are right. You have to have the right bread. That is key to the perfect Grinder. The KC ones are good, but the one's back East are still tops.