Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm hopefully going to be in NYC next month for a few days and I want more than almost anything else to try the famous pizza there. (sorry, rest of NY culture, I get hungry:tongue:). So it's as simple as this, where should I go for the best? THEEEE best of the best. The one that's worth the flight. I'd be particularly interested in the New Yorker's ideas.
Probably best to keep it to the Manhattan area but if you feel strongly, expand by all means.

If you're right, I'll save you a slice and post it in this thread when I get back.

petetown

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
North Truro (Massachusetts, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey Zero....Was in NYC (where I lived for fourteen years) just before Christmas and had pizza at John's on Bleecker St. World renowned. They don't sell slices....we sat and ordered a pie. Have to admit was not as good as I remember.....IMHO, you have to get a plain pie.....just tomato and cheese to get the real deal.
Many years ago there was a pizza place on St. Marks and First Ave. (northwest corner) Forget the name of it.....began with an "S", I think.....great slices.....Beware of all the joints that go by FAMOUS in their names.....usually gloppy overly cheesey nightmares.
And I hope you and that huge uncut dick of yours have a great time!!!

D_Doewell Dadong

Experimental Member
Media
There is a serious lack of top quality pizza places near me. In fact there isn't a pizza place round here thats better than the ones you get at asda (walmart, for my american friends.) I wish you luck in your pizza quest.

Frankg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just dont walk around with your fly down. they may mistake your cock for a peperoni and slice it up.

no answer to your question want to say nice pics beatiful dick mate

cason

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nah, I don't plan to walk around with it out; thanks for the tip dough, and thanks slevi2 but can we please get off my dick and back to the pizza?:biggrin1:.

Thanks petetown, I'd read about John's. It sounds great. So does Grimaldi's Patsy's and Lombardi's. The main thing I'm hoping for from this thread is real experience enthusiasm like yours. Actual, "I live/lived in NY and this was my regular, and not just because it was nearest to me", kinda tips.

I mean to have the best of the best.:biggrin1:

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My favorite pizza place is in the Village. I have not been there in a long time and I forget the name. The slices are huge and they all have extra cheese on them.

If you get out of the 9th Street Path station you walk over to the Ave nearby. Make a right turn. Walk about two blocks and cross the street. The pizza shop is on the corner and it was always full and had these stand up tables that looked like giant spools of thread.

Go too Italy, I heard that they invented Pizza and make them so yummy! :rolleyes:(Also a very nice country to visit, very nice!)

You people put mayonnaise on French fries. 'nuff said. :rolleyes:

Perfected by Italian Americans in New York City.

Italian pizza is awful. I had it all over Italy and was universally disappointed. New York pizza is an entirely different thing and a truly one of the great contributions of America to world cuisine.

I'm partial to Lombardi's on Spring Street. Get off the 6 train and walk east on Spring Street and it's two blocks down. Great pizza in New York's beautiful SoHo.

Lombardi's is New York's first pizzeria and so a bit of living history (which I confess I didn't know until I looked it up):

Lombardi's was America's first full-fledged pizzeria—established in 1905 at a short walk down Spring Street from its current location—and most of New York's top pizzerias owe their existence to Gennaro Lombardi. John Sasso of John's, Patsy Lancieri of Patsy's, and Anthony Pero of Totonno's all learned the craft under Gennaro's tutelage. -NY Magazine

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
You people put mayonnaise on French fries. 'nuff said. :rolleyes:

Nono, we do mayonnaise on fries, invented in Belgium, so no FRENCH fries :biggrin1:

Belgium his kitchen is a very good kitchen, and I don't say that because I'm from here. Don't get me wrong, I love Italian, Greek, Thai, etc, but after a while it is enough. Here is a lot of variation. Go to our bakeries, that is the proof too, so much varioety in what you can buy.

Italian pizza is awful. I had it all over Italy and was universally disappointed. New York pizza is an entirely different thing and a truly one of the great contributions of America to world cuisine.

I'm partial to Lombardi's on Spring Street. Get off the 6 train and walk east on Spring Street and it's two blocks down. Great pizza in New York's beautiful SoHo.

Lombardi's is New York's first pizzeria and so a bit of living history (which I confess I didn't know until I looked it up):

Lol, I know the history of Lombardi's, and I never veen in NYC. But I have to correct you: Italian pizza's are the best, not too thick, a little bit of sauce and some garniture. That is a real pizza. Not a pizza with an inch thick crust lol. But you guys are famous for pizza papperoni so you cn have that. But Italian pizza is and will stay the best!
zd

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Been to Italy......been a shit-load other places too......New York Pizza is the best. I live here on Long Island. There are so many Pizzaria's here,that just because of competition, your product must be TOP SHELF. Or your pizza joint will not survive. We as New Yorkers DEMAND the best. The Best one's? Usally are small walk-ins owned by Mom and Pop Italian couples. The pizza itself is 2 styles....Napolitan{round pie[wedge cut slices] and traditional thickness} and Sicilian{Thick crust and square cut slices}. And you build on top of that with what you will. My favorite? Napolitan pie with sausage/peperoni/and onions. Usally though, for lunch it's 2 cheese slices and a medium coke. A bit of heaven and a weekly habit{at least!:biggrin1:}. A good pizza joint is owned and staffed by an Italian guy doing the Dough Spinnin' and sauce slingin'. I know some here will swear by Chicago style. To me thats a FRIED pizza in a pan.....too greasy,thick And over-wrought with toppings for me. And Hawaiian pizza? Seriously.....pizza with with pine-apple??!! WTF?! Abomination!!. The American heartland is full of crap pizza. I really feel sorry for folks who think that Pizzahut/Dominoes/PapaJohns/ChuckyCheese....etc... is any more than disgusting crap. Those places do not stand a chance of surviving in buissness in my neighborhood. If you walk into a pizza joint and some guy from India/China/Mexico is the pizza chef......get the hell outta there!! You won't find ANY Zeppoli's there my friend.