New Zealand citizenship

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by avdude19, Apr 3, 2011.

1. avdude19

avdude19 Member

hello, well let me just start off and say I'm 18 years of age and I am an American citizen. However for as long as I could remember I've always sought to live a life in another country. I've thought about moving to England, but I've heard that they're getting jammed packed and the emigration laws are starting to become stricter, so now I'm currently looking at New Zealand. So to sum it all up here are my questions:

Should I wait til after i graduate from college to leave to the New Zealand (are American degrees transferable or do you start from scratch in regards to schooling)?
    How do I become a citizen of the New Zealand?
    how do i meet the prerequisites for New Zealand citizenship (in regards to residency and permanent residency)?
    is there anything else i need, or would be helpful to know?

2. LPSGeezer

LPSGeezer Member

How should we know this is a big dick site not an immigration consulate office?

3. bryce05

bryce05 Active Member

Albums:
    Hey mate, Kiwi here.

You should finish college in the US, because New Zealand does not accept immigrants under age 22. Your US degree/s will be recognised in NZ.

NZ has very strict immigration requirements; you can find information at Immigration New Zealand. (Click "Residence" in the "Apply" section)

Most immigrants are accepted through the "Skilled Migrants" programme. People with skills in the health, IT, education, agriculture, engineering and trades sectors are those most highly sought-after.

If you have any questions about NZ, let me know!

Cheers

4. avdude19

avdude19 Member

thanks bryce05! thanks for the help, i'm guessing you live in New Zealand then?

5. bryce05

bryce05 Active Member

Albums:
    Yep. Hit me up with ANY questions - glad to help if I can.

Draft saved Draft deleted