NEWBIE ALERT Sound the alarms

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by steve319, Mar 29, 2005.

1. steve319

Gold Member

Yes, it's true, I'm new to LPSG. But why not jump in with both feet?

Several days ago I ran across a mention of the LPSG on another site and, on a lark, I decided to check it out. Imagine my surprise when I found such a thoughtful and diverse group of people creating an environment of honesty, debate, and encouragement. Wow! The openness and compassion with which often taboo topics are discussed here has me eager to keep reading and learning from the experiences of others.

As a teacher, I’m excited by the prospect of participating in discussions where diverse thought is encouraged and ideas have the power to influence and change attitudes. As a liberal man in the rural south, I’m thrilled to find a group where people are so welcoming and open to the stories and opinions of others, without regard to race, age, gender, sexual orientation, or any other means we so often use to divide ourselves. (While I take issue with the general stereotypes of the south, I have to admit that my opportunities to discuss topics of such personal, sexual, and social weight with other men are few. Southern men, particularly rural southern men, often aren’t very good at male bonding.)

So I have to say I’m pretty darned excited about the LPSG! I mean, based on what I’ve seen by lurking around this past week, this level of candor is the kind of social ideal we should be striving for in our personal lives, you know? God knows I’ve messed up enough relationships and let friendships die out by not being able to be as open as I should be.

I must admit, however, that as for the “qualifications” for joining the group (the “large penis” part), I just barely quality as above average on the old Kinsey scale. While large enough to make finding appropriately professional work clothing a concern, my endowment is hardly of the massive type typically mentioned around here. But, somehow, after reading the sincere and encouraging responses to the posts of others, and the genuine effort to offer helpful advice to those facing a dilemma (from those who’ve “been there”), I feel pretty comfy as a small fish in a big pond.

If someone had told me last week that I’d be joining an online discussion group (much less one called the Large Penis Support Group), I’d have laughed. Yet here I am, surprised yet excited and, at the risk of sounding overly grand, encouraged by what humanity can manage when no one is watching.

I look forward to learning from you all and to perhaps sharing some of my own experiences with the crowd.

steve

2. PLANK

PLANK New Member

welcome from another newbie

3. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Welcome, steveg319. It'll be exciting getting to know you and reading your well-written posts. As a retired teacher, principal and public school superintendent, I'm always happy to have fellow members with the school background. There are several of us here and you'll soon get to know us. I, also, am from the rural South, although living now in Memphis, am liberal in my thinking and know exactly your situation re. not having the opportunity to discuss weighty personal issues with fellow men. Everything goes on LPSG, if it interests you, it interests us.

:hi: Cheers.

Luke

4. Max

Max New Member

Steve,

Welcome too from a 'member' of the British contingent!

5. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    Welcome, Steve. You'll also find a few of us women on here with our own concerns & questions. I am also in western NC. This is a great site & if someone had told me even a few months ago that I'd be here, I would have laughed & blushed! I have learned so much, much that is helpful for me in a career/studies, too.

6. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Steve, I am a high school English teacher in a Southern town of less than 3,000 people. I am liberal as well. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how many people here will be able to relate to you. Welcome aboard!

7. madame_zora

Gold Member

Welcome Steve, and thanks for the introduction! It's always nice for us to know a bit about someone who is posting, so join in often. We have several mambers in the Education fields, so I hope you'll feel right at home.

About endowment and size, all are welcome here regardless of size. You'll find through discussion that quite a few of our members are not huge, or (like me) have no penis at all! Contribute in a healthy way to the discussions here, and you're a member.

8. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Hey, Steve. Welcome to LPSG.

9. jeepwranglerboi

jeepwranglerboi New Member

Ciao Steve. Welcome to the group dude. I think it is wonderful to have another teacher here. A good teacher can be a hard thing to come by. I have always said that teachers have one of the most underpaid and under appreciated jobs in the country. Also, thanks for the background info. It's always nice when a new member gives us some information on themselves as opposed to just saying, "Hi all. I am new here." As to your size, do not worry about it. As others have said there are quite a few other people here who are average or below. I hope you enjoy your stay and post often!

10. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

Welcome Steve--I'm in the Charlotte area. We've got quite a few Carolinians (both NC and SC) on here, as well as people from other parts of the South. Join in the conversation and enjoy yourself.

11. brainzz_n_dong

brainzz_n_dong New Member

Steve,

Welcome to the forums. I'm not a teacher, but a college student whose present and near-term future is ruled by teachers/professors, so to speak. There are a lot of cool folks here that have a lot of good advice to offer, so enjoy and I'll see you around.

B_N_D aka Steve

12. steve319

Gold Member

I just knew that I wouldn’t regret diving in to membership here!

Plank—I hope your experiences as a new member are as positive as mine are so far.

RoysToy (Luke)—Sounds as if you know a lot about “where I’m coming from.” I look forward to getting to know you.

Max—That’s another thing I’m loving about these boards: “members” from other lands! Hope you’re enjoying the LPSG.

summertime—Wow! Can’t believe I’d run into another WNCer so quickly. Glad to know you’re here.

DoubleMeatWhopper—Another educator and another with an English background! I’ll keep my eyes open for your contributions to the ongoing conversations. I look forward to talking with you and your experiences with small town teaching.

madame zora—I love knowing there are enough females here to help keep things positive and mature. I appreciate your kind words.

Pecker—I’m already enjoying your posts in other spots. Some great jokes there!

jeepwranglerboi—Thanks for the validation of educators out there. Sometimes I think we need all the support we can get.

prepstudinsc—Another southern gentleman with a generous welcome. I love the Charlotte area. We get down there several times a year for concerts and such.

brainzz_n_dong (Steve)—I love knowing that college students are finding the time to participate in the discussions here. Good luck with the approaching semester finals!

Thanks to you all for the kind words of welcome and comradeship. I appreciate your taking the time to say “hi.”

13. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    steveq319 & prepstudinsc,
    I'd love to go to a concert, too. What kinds of music? I live kinda close to charlotte. maybe hijacking this thread. YOu two are welcome to PM me, if you want.

Draft saved Draft deleted