Newbie! (In more ways than one)

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by ex1lepr0, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ex1lepr0

ex1lepr0 New Member

Albums:
    This will probably sound weird or stupid, but I only recently found out about my orientation, and...well, to be perfectly frank, I don't know how to act. I mean, I don't look on how I am badly or anything, but...I just don't know what to do.

2. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Welcome and have fun.:smile:

3. ex1lepr0

ex1lepr0 New Member

Albums:
    Is that all I have to do?

4. VernalTiger

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Stay, read, contribute, consider. Be honest with yourself, and others when you're ready. Play safe, be respectful and ask questions.

If you have specific questions, read the archives. Oh, and don't feel like you have to "act" gay now that you've made decisions about your orientation. :smile:

5. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Just be yourself ...you will be just fine.

6. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Acting gay is being sexually and relationally attracted to members of the same sex and eventually becoming sexually active. That's it. There are gay drag queens, gay rugby players, and everything in between. Become yourself.

7. fongool

fongool New Member

Congrats on figuring yourself out! There is no handbook on gay, just be the same person you were before you "changed". Be safe. Have fun. Tell us all about it :)

8. Valium

Valium Member

There's no set way anyone is supposed to act, only perceptions of how people think certain sexual orientations are supposed to act. I have straight friends people would swear are gay by the way they act and gay friends who you would never know they were unless you asked them. Just be yourself and try not to fit yourself into a perceived stereotype just because that's how other people think you should act.. Celebrate and embrace your sexuality no matter whether it be straight, bi, gay whatever.. Just have fun and be safe, and most importantly, be yourself.

9. ex1lepr0

ex1lepr0 New Member

Albums:
    Ok, thanks everyone....this is just completely new to me....:rolleyes:

10. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

Like I told you on #sps, LPSG will help you out in more ways than one, so like Dave says, sit back, relax, grab a beer, and enjoy the place :)

11. ex1lepr0

ex1lepr0 New Member

Albums:
    I like the beer part, unfortunately, the U.S. and it's damn drinking laws won't let me....:rolleyes:

12. monel

Gold Member

That's because they haven't accepted that beer is the only true religion. One day they will be saved.

13. ex1lepr0

ex1lepr0 New Member

Albums:
    Mmm...Hopefully. I really dislike the fact that at my age, I can serve in the military, but I can't drink. :rolleyes:

14. matelalique

matelalique Active Member

What noone has mentioned is that it is important to go onto Craigslist as quickly as possibly, and post an advert saying that you are in your late teens, have just come out, and need someone to show you how to give a good blowjob. Be sure to put your full address and phone number in the advert. Then just lie back, and you will be a fully fledged gay in no time.

Before the lpsg police get onto me ... if it isn't obvious from the above paragraph the things you should and shouldn't do then you aren't mature enough to be on this site, much less many others. Craigslist and Manhunt and similar sites are great to explore your new found sexuality, and to see what is and isn't in your area. I suggest browsing and chatting, and deciding what you are comfortable with (and your boundaries will certainly be tested by some of the descriptions of what people would like to do to you).

If you do choose to meet someone, I suggest it be in a public place first (ie not his house), and you need to feel free to break the date whenever you feel uncomfortable.

99% of your exploration is going to be safe (and you're in upstate new york, not Uganda), and there is a world of pleasure to explore at your own pace. All of the online safety rules you have heard, triple until you work out this new scene, and discover that it isn't that different to any others.

Good luck, and enjoy that cock of yours that isn't getting any younger.

15. matelalique

matelalique Active Member

It's probably also worth checking out gay groups at your local universities (not just your own), and the local gay paper (surely Albany has one). I would suggest the goal is to find friends in your area going through similar experiences. RPI must have a gay group, and your area has multiple colleges. The gay world has many scenes, and you need to find yours, or not if you don't like any of them. Some of the scenes I've seen or toyed with are the college political, the homey boy who likes showtunes, the karaoke boy, the college intellectual, the preppy worker, the social worker, the lover of live theatre and music, the traveller, the community organiser, the bridge club organiser, and the college club organiser.

Good luck.

16. singledark

singledark New Member

you'll be fine.

17. ex1lepr0

ex1lepr0 New Member

Albums:
    Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the advice. :biggrin1:

18. B_patrickmcc

B_patrickmcc New Member

Hey ex.
    Most important thing is to feel comfortable in your own skin, and realize that you are who you are. I read another post you made about issues with your parents and your sexuality. Its important to realize that if they have issues about your sexuality, it is their problem not yours.
    Discover your sexuality at a comfortable pace, and while I know others talk about Manhunt and Craigslist, I think that is a bad idea. The idea of getting involved in college GLBT groups is a much better idea. It will allow you to discuss issues, and become friends within your own peer group, and eventually exploring your sexuality. There are lots colleges in your area, so that should be easy.
    Good luck, and BTW killer dick you got there.

19. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    just be yourself nothing really has changed BTW nice cock

20. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    Just be yourself. No one else can be you, nor you, anyone else. That's one of the coolest things about humankind - you are unique ... just like everyone else!!

Draft saved Draft deleted