Newbies, lurkers, and non-posting members

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by madame_zora, Dec 21, 2004.

1. madame_zora

Gold Member

Hey again, it's my regularly scheduled opportunity to plead with the non-posting members not to pm me. I've added it to my signature, so maybe we can stop going through this ritual, but if people don't want to post publicly, I DON'T want to talk to you privately!! I mean even you. Yes really. Grrrrrr.

2. jonb

Gold Member

And expecially one guy in particular.

BTW, "lurkers and non-posting members"? I see you took a stop by the Department of Redundancy Department.

3. madame_zora

Gold Member

I love you and hate you, jonb! This time there actually was a reason for that. I have been irritating myself trying to explain to each pmming lurker why I don't want to have private communications with them and I frequently get the response "I'm not a lurker", so I was trying to inform them what a lurker is.

To completely clear things up- if you want to talk to me, do it in public until we get to know each other, or don't do it at all.

4. madame_zora

Gold Member

Oh yeah, and the "one guy in particular" is currently calling himself Leo Taylor, aka Maverackstud8 aka Doc Savage aka Colan O bryan blah blah blah. If anyone has forgotten or wasn't around for the pleasure of his acquaintance, he's an internut of unmatched proportions. Ladies, beware- he's a seriously derranged stalker and troll- don't give him your personal email addy!

5. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

Ohhhhh great. That happens here a lot, MZ? I don't know the forum-world that well but I guess I was kind of hoping it wasn't like that. :unsure:

6. longbaugh

longbaugh New Member

Its not like that for me
    I wonder why that is?
    :unsure:

7. B_Hung Muscle

B_Hung Muscle New Member

I would like to apply for membership in the Madame Zora fan club. Ashlar, would you send me an application?

Thanks.

8. wonderland

wonderland Member

Madame Zora I could not agree with you more. I don't post that much but I don't PM anyone on here unless I'm wishing them a happy birthday. And may I also ask that people please add more information to their profiles. Is age and sex too much information to give out?

9. Dr. Bubbles

Dr. Bubbles New Member

Very appropriate response, Zora. You are so much more tactful than I.... ;)

It has been a while since I have last posted (or been active) so I have not experienced that "issue" in quite some time (thank God!).

Stand your ground girl... the women's auxilary stands behind you!!!! :D

10. Imported

Gold Member

Thanatos: You've been reading my thoughts. I wanted to post a new thread containing the same, thing, but since you've said it, I'll just add myself to the "don't PM if no posts links".

I mean, 50% of the PM I get are "ello how big is youre cock? Wanna send pics?"

Ugh...

11. Imported

Gold Member

SL55///AMG: Zora, I agree... I get hassled a lot by gays. I will send a message to the odd girl on here to try and strike up conversation..

12. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

I agree with you there, MZ. I've gotten more PM's from NP's(Non Posters) than I wish to. Simply, you guys, we don't know you all that well, so knock off the presumptuous shit about PMing us like you think we do. We don't appreciate it, and we don't do the same to you.

13. RKT1001

RKT1001 New Member

Albums:
    WHAT?! Someone defiling the name of 'Doc Savage'? The greatest hero of 1930's & 1940's pulp fiction? Now that I can NOT tolerate!

RKT

14. B_Hung Muscle

B_Hung Muscle New Member

Zora, I agree...I get hassled by a lot of the "straights" who seem inordinately interested in the size of my cock.

15. madame_zora

Gold Member

Aww thanks for understanding, guys. I thought I was being a relentless bitch, but it really is annoying getting pms from someone I know nothing about who knows very intimate details about me. It's just creepy. The least they could do is fill out their profile and post 8 or 10 times first, just so we'd have a clue who they are.

16. hungthick

hungthick New Member

Dude, i dont ever want to convert you but i will add that DUDE YOU HAVE 10'' OF MEAT that many a guy wants--lol, take it in stride because i think its meant to be complementary. But, if you want to convert well then ...no just kididng.

17. madame_zora

Gold Member

It's not really about conversion, it's about respect. I mean most of us who post may give compliments to each other and even flirt in a mostly silly way but we usually don't say things that are actually suggesting we "do it". I got a lot of pms like "you don't know me from Adam, but I've got a big dick-wanna fuck?" I mean, even if I did, I'd need a little more info, y'know?

18. Imported

Gold Member

Flux: I'm actually too shy to PM someone although I can see why the women get hounded by PMs, there arent many here :D and none of the ladies here are bad lookin either.

19. Freddie53

Gold Member

I was a little slow at first. I didn't catch what the problem was. I have not sent you a personal message before because I have had a reason to do so. But we have talked on here pubicly before and feel like I could if there was a reason.

I posted here to let you know I don't have respect for guys who post to insult and in any way degrade you or anyone else on this forum.

Personally, I have great respect for you. You have your standards and expect to be treated with respect and you give back respect.

So to you lurkers and men who think it is cool to disrespect a lady, back off. The rest of the men on this forum don't think you are masculine and aren't impressed by such behavior.

20. B_Hung Muscle

B_Hung Muscle New Member

I was a little slow at first. I didn't catch what the problem was. I have not sent you a personal message before because I have had a reason to do so. But we have talked on here pubicly before and feel like I could if there was a reason.

I posted here to let you know I don't have respect for guys who post to insult and in any way degrade you or anyone else on this forum.

Personally, I have great respect for you. You have your standards and expect to be treated with respect and you give back respect.

So to you lurkers and men who think it is cool to disrespect a lady, back off. The rest of the men on this forum don't think you are masculine and aren't impressed by such behavior.
    [post=268851]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Madame Zora lays out her case more eloquently than I ever could. I would like to add one corollary to what she writes about respect. I'm not sure that it's respectful to suggest that gay men on this board are trying to "convert" anyone. Gay men are often forced to fight against this particularly pernicious attack -- we do not recruit and convert erstwhile "normal" men and, worse, boys. I am not speaking for the entire gay community here, but I think it's pretty safe to say that a gay man's expression of admiration for a picture of a straight man's penis should not connote that he is trying to bed him.

One thing I really like about the guys I've met here (and the gals, too!) is the great dialogue gay and straight people can have without all the usual societal bullshit. That mutual respect is really great and we should work to maintain it.

Draft saved Draft deleted