News flash! Disagreeing with someone DOES NOT EQUAL 'hating'!

D_CountVonBhigBohner

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am not the type of person who will hate because I disagree with someone. However, I could listen to what a person has to say....or read two paragraphs (like the paragraphs below) and determine if I want to be associated with them or not.

Either way...taking it "on the fucking chin" means accepting that not everyone will like you...not because of what you say, but how you think.

Many LPSG members in shock at this news.

:rolleyes:

Seriously folks.

Take it on the fucking chin - people disagree with you from time to time. Some people may disagree with you all the time (I almost certainly do :smile:). That is NOT the same thing as hating you or this new fangled 'hating on' you, whatever the fuck that means.

A logical follow on is the people who disagree with you and/or the way you do things are not automatically 'haters'. I dislike the expression 'haters' and the way it is used. I disagree with an awful lot of people, I can't think of a single person I hate though, not even the ones who have given me good cause.

/rant

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Many LPSG members in shock at this news.

:rolleyes:

Seriously folks.

Take it on the fucking chin - people disagree with you from time to time. Some people may disagree with you all the time (I almost certainly do :smile:). That is NOT the same thing as hating you or this new fangled 'hating on' you, whatever the fuck that means.

A logical follow on is the people who disagree with you and/or the way you do things are not automatically 'haters'. I dislike the expression 'haters' and the way it is used. I disagree with an awful lot of people, I can't think of a single person I hate though, not even the ones who have given me good cause.

/rant
Quote: " I disagree with an awful lot of people ", MB.
That can be takken the wrong way and mistaken as hating.
If I'm ok with me then I'm ok with you and what you believe, everyone has a right to their own opinion without me pissing on it.
One of the greatest challenges in life is letting people have an opinion.

I'm afraid disagreeing with me does actually constitute h8ing. It's forbidden.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
If I'm ok with me then I'm ok with you and what you believe, everyone has a right to their own opinion without me pissing on it.
One of the greatest challenges in life is letting people have an opinion.

Watch me disagree with this. The opinion of a white supremacist is that all none-white races are inferior, their opinion is wrong, offensive and hateful. I have a duty to vociferously disagree with and challenge such opinions whenever and wherever I encounter them.

The opinion of certain radical religious types is that homosexuals are depraved, monstrous sinners who must die and go to hell. Their opinion is wrong, offensive and hateful and I have a duty to vociferously disagree with and challenge such opinions whenever and wherever I encounter them.

The opinion of a misogynist is that women are inherently inferior to men. Their opinion is wrong, offensive and hateful and I have a duty to vociferously disagree with and challenge such opinions whenever and wherever I encounter them.

I could continue. People have a right to their opinions, certainly. They do not have a right to express those opinions without disagreement or challenge. That is patently nonsense.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I secretly hate you even if i agree, and if i disagree it means that i secrectly adore you. Except on alternate tuesdays and bank holidays, days begining with the letter "n", changes in the moon, days when the sun is out, rainy days or days with hail warnings.

Fog doesn't affect it.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Watch me disagree with this. The opinion of a white supremacist is that all none-white races are inferior, their opinion is wrong, offensive and hateful. I have a duty to vociferously disagree with and challenge such opinions whenever and wherever I encounter them.

The opinion of certain radical religious types is that homosexuals are depraved, monstrous sinners who must die and go to hell. Their opinion is wrong, offensive and hateful and I have a duty to vociferously disagree with and challenge such opinions whenever and wherever I encounter them.

The opinion of a misogynist is that women are inherently inferior to men. Their opinion is wrong, offensive and hateful and I have a duty to vociferously disagree with and challenge such opinions whenever and wherever I encounter them.

I could continue. People have a right to their opinions, certainly. They do not have a right to express those opinions without disagreement or challenge. That is patently nonsense.
All I'm saying is that you don't have to feed into someones hate, I don't have to buy what they're selling. The majority of the time those like you've mentioned are not worth my time, I feel as though if I engage them then somehow they've won by getting into my head. When they get into my head the next the you know I'm doing the same thing they are, hating. It's like a virus, and once you get the bug it's hard to get rid of the cough. I can allow idiots to be who and what they are today, try it some time and you'll gain some inward peace unlike any other.

Last edited:

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
All I'm saying is that you don't have to feed into someones hate, I don't have to buy what they're selling. The majority of the time those like you've mentioned are not worth my time, I feel as though if I engage them then somehow they've won by getting into my head. When they get into my head the next the you know I'm doing the same thing they are, hating. It's like a virus, and once you get the bug it's hard to get rid of the cough. I can allow idiots to be who and what they are today, try it some time and you'll gain some inward peace unlike any other.

Sorry, did you just basically say (and I confess I may well be reading you wrong, I've not found time for my morning coffee yet!) that in your opinion, racists, sexists and various other bigots should just be allowed to continue spreading their vicious, vile opinions, inflicting pain and suffering on those it pertains to, influencing young impressionable minds unhindered by the more knowledgeable, adult and open opinions of others, because ignoring it and pretending it doesn't matter gives you a blissful ignorance that it makes you the better person?

(I really hope I read it wrong, truly I do, and if I did, I further hope that you accept my apology. If I didn't however, just assume that upon reading that I didn't, I'll be banging my head against my desk and crying for the sake of all humanity!)