News flash! Disagreeing with someone DOES NOT EQUAL 'hating'!

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
OK, but that's not really my responsibility, is it?

Just so we're clear though, I'm not attacking you :wink:

You bastard, how fucking dare you attack me?!

Seriously though, we may not have responsibility for how others read our posts, but shouldn't we all take a little responsibility in trying to understand why we've been misread so that we can avoid unnecessary volatile situations in the future, and make any required corrections in the present?

I'm not saying you HAVE to, or that anyone should, but it's something I've always tried to do, and it seems to work quite well when it comes to getting my point across as my point, and not what someone else thinks my point is, which is usually my main aim when posting!

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
You bastard, how fucking dare you attack me?!

Seriously though, we may not have responsibility for how others read our posts, but shouldn't we all take a little responsibility in trying to understand why we've been misread so that we can avoid unnecessary volatile situations in the future, and make any required corrections in the present?

I'm not saying you HAVE to, or that anyone should, but it's something I've always tried to do, and it seems to work quite well when it comes to getting my point across as my point, and not what someone else thinks my point is, which is usually my main aim when posting!

I take that point, and naturally it's something I attempt to do too. But I don't know how I could have explained what I meant any more clearly on this occasion. :redface: