Newsflash! Brits as dumb as Americans

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
how can ppl hate their country so much. i'm amazed at the number of americans that actually hate their country, or get some passive aggressive joy, via the joy they get over any bad news, yet turn around and say it's the patriotic/american free-speech thing to do.

i don't get it... makes as much sense as "i support the troops, but not the war".

i believe 2+2=4, but not 4-2=2.

Americans don't hate their country. They will if the United States Constitution ever gets changed or done away with.

paulobr79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I certainly don't think we're as stupid as the Americans. Not that I'm grouping everyone together, all the Americans on here are great, but on my trips to America I have had the following said to me:
Do you know the Queen?- No I fucking don't! Do you know the President?
Are you Australian? No wonder everyone thinks we're Australian when Whistler in Prison Break is quite clearly English, but is meant to be Australian.
England's not a country- Er yes it is

These are just a few I can think of at midnight. Sorry for the rant, but no is my final answer, we are not as stupid as the Americans.
No offence is meant to anyone

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You know that 100 is supposed to represent the 50th percentile on any IQ test, right?

If it doesn't, then they adjust the scoring of the test so that it does. Any properly calibrated IQ test will always have an average score of about 100. 98 or 99 is about 100.

p.s. what's with the mensa link? You know there are chapters in the US as well, right? I'd be a member if I hadn't opted to not pay annual dues.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
You know that 100 is supposed to represent the 50th percentile on any IQ test, right?

If it doesn't, then they adjust the scoring of the test so that it does. Any properly calibrated IQ test will always have an average score of about 100. 98 or 99 is about 100.

p.s. what's with the mensa link? You know there are chapters in the US as well, right? I'd be a member if I hadn't opted to not pay annual dues.

These are all of course averages of the tested population. The mensa link was just to prove the UK average is 100.

Besides it's obvious uses (bragging); the IQ test doesn't really represent all types or an overall intellect.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I'll go with my opinion that there are a lot of people anywhere any country that does not know something. And when questioned about things were learned in grade school (hopefully properly) that a lot of people will get it wrong.

Getting people educated, even half way, is a good start for getting the world out of the hate mongering that threatens it.

The current thread only discusses two English speaking countries, doesn't deal with Canada, Ireland, Scotland, Australian, New Zealand...

How do we know that there aren't Russian who don't know where the USA is? For a long time Russia didn't publish maps of its own country...