Newt's second wife's interview

monel

Sexy Member
Media
I really dislike Gingrich. I have ever since Tip O'Neill - the last great Pol - ordered the house CSPAN cameras to pan the chamber while Newt was giving a fiery speech wherein be called out by name various house members. At that time Representatives would give a speech in the chamber which would be televised back home and make for good PR material. Usually the chamber would be empty at these times. Newt decided to use the time to challenge bis fellow Reps by name. Unfortunately nobody was in the chamber but this couldn't be seen on TV. The impression was that the excoriated Reps were too "chicken" to defend themselves against Gingrich's assault. Tip was furious and ordered the cameras to pan the chamber to reveal Newt speaking to an empty room. The true Chicken was on full display.

Newt's sleazy character has been well known since his earliest days in DC. I think it makes him uniquely impervious to character attacks. The interview may make for good ratings but I doubt it'll hurt him one bit. Anyone considering voting for Gingrich already knows what they're getting.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On the PBS News Hour this evening, I saw a pastor in South Carolina explain that he was going to vote for Gingrich because of his "integrity." I don't remember all the details, because my brain exploded at that point, but apparently the essential thing was that Newt had shown repentance. :hypnotized:

monel

Sexy Member
Media
On the PBS News Hour this evening, I saw a pastor in South Carolina explain that he was going to vote for Gingrich because of his "integrity." I don't remember all the details, because my brain exploded at that point, but apparently the essential thing was that Newt had shown repentance. :hypnotized:

He's a good Catholic now. Of course that doesn't usually play too well with Southern Christians. I guess what his wife had to say didn't deter this particular minister.

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I bet St. Peter cant wait to send newt downstairs. Good grief, what a complete piece of shit newt is. How can anyone sleep knowing they support these sleaze bags?

In 1999 Newt phoned Marianne, just diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, declaring "I want a divorce." He then proceeded to his next speaking engagement, addressing Republican women on the topic, "The Demise of American Culture," decrying the country's estrangement from "God, families and values."
"He could ask me for a divorce on Monday and within 48 hours give a speech on family values and talk about how people treat people," Marianne Gingrich told James Grimaldi of The Washington Post.

Read more: Gingrich: Celebrating 'God, families and values' while asking for divorce - seattlepi.com

There are some other great reminders, in the article, of the kind of people that are voting/running tomorrow...scary shit!

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I bet St. Peter cant wait to send newt downstairs. Good grief, what a complete piece of shit newt is. How can anyone sleep knowing they support these sleaze bags?

Many can't. That's why your seeing all of these Occupy movements popping up.
The 99% are tired of the bullshit politics, corrupt officials, and unequal distribution of wealth.

There are many people that are very unhappy but most of it is masked and hidden away by the mainstream media.

If you notice, there's not a whole lot said anymore about occupy protesters. Most were hurded up and arrested for "Safety reasons".
Mum's the word when the corporations own the media.

That's why you need to visit outside news sources to get the real story.
Because the internet is free wheeling (For now), you can. Bills like SOPA and PIPA have a double agenda by squashing any information and resources to let you know what's really going on.

News Corp only wants you to know what they tell you.

Last edited:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I found the video and the transcript on line. Read this and laugh or weep or suffer a brain aneurysm:

REV. JESSE SELLERS, Park Baptist Church: As an evangelical, I support Newt first of all because of his integrity and also because of his economic program, which I believe is the right program for the United States.
So far as integrity, he's a man who's been in the valley. He's experienced brokenness. He's experienced the things that we Christians and Southern Baptists hold dear to our hearts, which is repentance, humble himself before God. He's done that. We believe that his heart is sincere, and so we support him.

Polls Suggest Two-Man Race as South Carolina Voters Prep for Saturday's Primary | PBS NewsHour | Jan. 20, 2012 | PBS
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/jan-june12/campaignwrap_01-20.html

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I love the term hippocrite for newtie. He is a hippo, for sure. Would his stomach even permit him to sit behind a desk ?
He is the perfect gop candidate. He is also a liar, a failure, a hater of any government, a 1% toadie and a complete phony.
The ideal repugnantcan president. Thank you jesus , for sending the newtster into our nation's political life. Too much fun !!!! Bring on the clown circus!!!

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Well Newt won the South Carolina primary with 41% of the vote to Mitt's 27%. It looks like nobody much cares about his dirtbag past. If anything, the interview with his second wife may have helped him. Ironic.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Quote:
REV. JESSE SELLERS, Park Baptist Church: As an evangelical, I support Newt first of all because of his integrity ... [more nonsense] ... We believe that his heart is sincere, and so we support him.

That certain segment of the electorate believes anyone's heart is sincere, as long as the candidate detests gays, denounces any and all social programs, rejects separation of church and state, and gladly sells out the public and the government to corporate interests. Otherwise, they're the antichrist (even if they don't cheat on multiple wives).

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well Newt won the South Carolina primary with 41% of the vote to Mitt's 27%. It looks like nobody much cares about his dirtbag past. If anything, the interview with his second wife may have helped him. Ironic.
That certain segment of the electorate believes anyone's heart is sincere, as long as the candidate detests gays, denounces any and all social programs, rejects separation of church and state, and gladly sells out the public and the government to corporate interests. Otherwise, they're the antichrist (even if they don't cheat on multiple wives).

The reportage of dirt from Newt's past provided him with an opportunity, which he exploited brilliantly. When the moderator of that debate a few days ago opened with a question about what Newt's wife had said about him in an interview, he turned the tables on the questioner as a representative of the news media and thereby completely won the audience. David Sessions wrote very cogently about this sort of thing in an article published way back in November, when Herman Cain was the man of the moment with a dubious history with women:
It’s hard to overstate the religious right’s media persecution complex: they hold the entertainment media responsible for introducing sexual permissiveness, the social acceptance of gay marriage, and what they see as general cultural indecency; they believe the political media systematically portrays conservatives and believers as provincial idiots. They instantly identify with others they believe are under similar attack, sometimes to the point that no amount of evidence will convince them the media is following a legitimate story. Thus Cain is automatically innocent, and there must be something good about Gingrich if the media dislike him enough to bring up his divorces.
It’s not surprising, then, that Gingrich has slowly won over conservative voters by portraying himself as under relentless attack by media debate moderators. But Saturday night [November 19, 2011], he executed a move even more important for securing evangelical absolution: an emotional account of realizing his weakness and sin and submitting to God. Gingrich described an unspecified time when he was at the height of his success but still felt “hollow,” and “had precisely the symptoms of somebody who was collapsing from under this weight.” Gingrich said that experience produced “a great deal of pain, some of which I have caused others, which I regret deeply.” He sought “reconciliation” from God and “had to recognize how limited I was and how much I had to depend on Him.”

Personal conversion, and re-conversion after “backsliding,” are the core of evangelical faith. Virtually every evangelical Christian, no matter how squeaky-clean their life may have been, has a “testimony” about the moment they became aware of their sin and need of a savior. Nearly every candidate gave his or her “testimony” Saturday night. These can seem almost comically contrived, like Rick Santorum’s riff on realizing he had mentally devalued his diseased infant daughter in the same manner as women who end their late-term pregnancies. But the testimonies of serious sinners—say, thrice-married serial adulterers—can have a particularly powerful effect on believers. Radical “come to Jesus” experiences reinforce evangelical mythology about everyone else in the world being miserable and depressed without God, a belief reiterated Saturday night by moderator Frank Luntz.
Source: Why Evangelicals Forgive (Republican) Sex Scandals - The Daily Beast

B_BlkDahlian

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There certainly seems to be a consensus that Gingrich is a dirtbag - with which I agree. But does the fact that he is a known dirtbag provide him with some protection against character attacks such as this interview with bis ex-wife?

She is giving first hand account about life with this guy. Charater assasination happens when fabricated. The truth is ... just the Ruth.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
She is giving first hand account about life with this guy. Charater assasination happens when fabricated. The truth is ... just the Ruth.

I don't agree. Any assault on a person's character is, as I understand it, a character assasination. Factual attacks are often the most destructive to a person's character. In any event, the interview is not necessarily the truth but rather her version of it. Gingrich has denied her accusations.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The reportage of dirt from Newt's past provided him with an opportunity, which he exploited brilliantly.

That's why some are wondering whether Jon King's question was a setup.

The evangelical base seems utterly enchanted by Newt's inexplicable charisma. A dumpy, vindictive man who's a master of spin and a prolific pontificator. And they think this magnetism is precisely why he is the man to lead this great country:

... here’s what one interested in making America stronger can reasonably conclude, psychologically, from Mr. Gingrich’s behavior during his three marriages: 1) Three women have met Mr. Gingrich and been so moved by his emotional energy and intellect that they decided they wanted to spend the rest of their lives with him. 2) Two of these women felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married. 3) One of them felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married for the second time.

Conclusion: When three women want to sign on for life with a man who is now running for president, I worry more about whether [the United States of America will] be clamoring for a third Gingrich term, not whether we’ll want to let him go after one.

-- life coach and TV personality Keith Ablow, MD, who goes on to say that he also puts great stock in the fact that Newt Gingrich's 2 daughters from his first marriage adore him and back him 100% regardless of what any of his wives think or say.

B_BlkDahlian

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't agree. Any assault on a person's character is, as I understand it, a character assasination. Factual attacks are often the most destructive to a person's character. In any event, the interview is not necessarily the truth but rather her version of it. Gingrich has denied her accusations.

The assault came in his actions which resulted in him being married three time, stepping down from his seat in the past, and the vast amount of enemies he has made in the political game. He can deny it all he wants that is what he has become an expert at doing. The fact of the matter is, the woman has nothing to lose by twisting the accounts, because she too was the mistress before she became the wife. If one does not want his/her character assasinated with factual (negative) accounts, just do not commit the acts. He is a high profile figure, campaigning for the highest office in federal government, and he didn't expect her say a thing; that was stupidity on his part.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The BBC reported that his success came not from republicans but from attracting the undecided on the basis if his debate performance. They said romneys support was much as predicted, but gingrich had swept up the undecideds. Mind, you , I think they also thought he was not the candidate who would have the best chance in the real election. Interesting we seem to be getting more reporting of the US presidential election than in previous years.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
-- life coach and TV personality Keith Ablow, MD, who goes on to say that he also puts great stock in the fact that Newt Gingrich's 2 daughters from his first marriage adore him and back him 100% regardless of what any of his wives think or say.
See attached photo, from the Facebook group Republican Family Values.

Attachments

monel

Sexy Member
Media

I put little stock in anything Ablow says. I find him to be a bit of a nut in fact. He wrote a book with his good friend Glenn Beck so it's no wonder he is straining to find excuses for Gingrich's bad behavior. As a side note he also has spoken out about getting rid of urinals in mens rooms. He says that having to piss next to other guys can be traumatic for many boys and men and so they should not be expected to have to do so. What is that all about?

By the way Newt is now ahead of Romney in Florida so it looks like many of the Republican primary voters are willing to overlook his sleaze factor.