Next Season on DH

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by RoysToy@Oct 4 2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the "insider" information re. Andrew, Nikolai. If Marc's the creator I think he is, he'll let us see more of Andrew, as you have indicated having an interest in.

I think it's evident that Betty has her husband chained in the basement and, as for Matthew being more to her than a son, she surely held him like I've never seen a mother hung a son! Man, I missed Susan's backing over Edie because I was 'talking' on pc and watching between my replies. Maybe I'm not as multifaceted as I thought! Bruce usually tapes the episodes, so he'll be up on the 'accident'!

Luke
[post=348905]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I've seen the accident scene (wasn't that a Volvo product placement?!?), and was already wondering that nothing serious has happened since - well, you know that Susan has the tendency to fuck up. So, when Edie skated away from her and Susan got in reverse, I had two thoughts - 1. (remembering my driving instructor) When you go backwards, look backwards! and 2. BANG! So see what happened.

I'd assume that Edie didn't sustain any permanent damage, since her storyline is supposed to go on through the episode. But maybe this will lead to some more trouble between Susan and Edie. Talking about that - I think this episode's best scene was when Susan ("Suzie Q") caught a glimpse at Karl as he picked up the newspaper and then quickly tried to conceal, and she charged down the street screaming "KARL - I'VE SEEN YOU!!"

Bruce

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah, I thought that was funny, too. She still tears into Karl just like they were still married. It makes me wonder what some of the scenes would have been during their marriage! Karl, thought, didn't seem to give a hoot what she said! We learn to handle situations however we have to.

I just hope my ex-students remember my instructions as well as you have youirs, Bruce.

Luke

pinky

Sexy Member
Media
What a way to start the new season!! Richard Burgi (Karl) standing in boxers and an open robe arguing with his ex-wife. I hope Marc Cherry keeps Richard in as few clothes as possible and gives him situations where he can exude his natural charm. Yow!

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by RoysToy@Oct 5 2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I thought that was funny, too. She still tears into Karl just like they were still married. It makes me wonder what some of the scenes would have been during their marriage! Karl, thought, didn't seem to give a hoot what she said! We learn to handle situations however we have to.

I just hope my ex-students remember my instructions as well as you have youirs, Bruce.

Luke
[post=349107]Quoted post[/post]​

To me, she seems more like she's chasing a kid she's caught doing something forbidden - but Karl really has the attitude I like, how he reacts cooly to heated "Suzie Q" making a scene.

I have heard that sentence a few times too often from my instructor to forget it, so it immediately came to my mind. "Suzie Q", just to mention the coincidence, drives a new Volvo XC-70, the same that the family next door has, and that I used to tug my own car to the repair yard a few weeks before. It's pretty good handling, but the view out backwards is limited, and the car is longer than it seems, that makes the backing difficult.

You've been a driving instructor??

Bruce

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by BruceSter+Oct 6 2005, 04:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BruceSter &#064; Oct 6 2005, 04:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RoysToy@Oct 5 2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I thought that was funny, too.  She still tears into Karl just like they were still married.  It makes me wonder what some of the scenes would have been during their marriage&#33;    Karl, thought, didn&#39;t seem to give a hoot what she said&#33;  We learn to handle situations however we have to. 

Luke
[post=349107]Quoted post[/post]​

To me, she seems more like she&#39;s chasing a kid she&#39;s caught doing something forbidden - but Karl really has the attitude I like, how he reacts cooly to heated "Suzie Q" making a scene.

I have heard that sentence a few times too often from my instructor to forget it, so it immediately came to my mind. "Suzie Q", just to mention the coincidence, drives a new Volvo XC-70, the same that the family next door has, and that I used to tug my own car to the repair yard a few weeks before. It&#39;s pretty good handling, but the view out backwards is limited, and the car is longer than it seems, that makes the backing difficult.

You&#39;ve been a driving instructor??

Bruce
[post=349407]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
I think you&#39;re right about Susan&#39;s tirade being more like berating an errant kid than being angry at a husband, I just never thought of that until you mentioned it.

There&#39;s a long answer to your query re. my ever having been a driving education instructor, Bruce. The Fall of the Summer that I got certified to be an instructor, I was appointed Principal of the school, so I hired a right-out-of-college guy for the position. You might find interesting that he was close to being as hot as you are, too. (BTW)

Luke

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Do any of you agree with me that last night&#39;s best part of DH was Andrew and George&#39;s not-so-subtle attacks to get the upper hand on each other? My hopes that future episodes would explore more of Andrew were certainly fulfilled, but I hate that George possibly will get his way and maneuver Bree into sending her son back to the &#39;reform&#39; school. Who is more cagey, Andrew or George?

Last night&#39;s episode also was kind to us with getting Susan and Mike to end their casual relationship and getting down to some full pledged hard-core stuff. If Susie-Q wouldn&#39;t make such faulty decisions about most situations, the couple could enjoy partaking of each other longer, but then the story line wouldn&#39;t be nearly as exciting.

BTW, I can&#39;t help but wonder what Betty and Matthew&#39;s next adventure will be. Do any of you have ideas?

Luke

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by RoysToy@Oct 17 2005, 12:12 PM
Do any of you agree with me that last night&#39;s best part of DH was Andrew and George&#39;s not-so-subtle attacks to get the upper hand on each other? My hopes that future episodes would explore more of Andrew were certainly fulfilled, but I hate that George possibly will get his way and maneuver Bree into sending her son back to the &#39;reform&#39; school. Who is more cagey, Andrew or George?

Last night&#39;s episode also was kind to us with getting Susan and Mike to end their casual relationship and getting down to some full pledged hard-core stuff. If Susie-Q wouldn&#39;t make such faulty decisions about most situations, the couple could enjoy partaking of each other longer, but then the story line wouldn&#39;t be nearly as exciting.

BTW, I can&#39;t help but wonder what Betty and Matthew&#39;s next adventure will be. Do any of you have ideas?

Luke
[post=352631]Quoted post[/post]​

They&#39;ll eventually have a hard time keeping their prisoner locked away - remember that they live in suburbia, where anyone who keeps away from his neighbors (and his neighbors away from them) is suspicious, so they&#39;ll have to make a move soon. PI Suzie-Q has smelled a rat, I think, and it&#39;s not going to take long, I think, until she investigates further.

That matter aside, I have a good sense for power struggles, and I smell one very hefty coming up with Andrew and George. Unfortunately, I guess George is going to win - dismantle all his preppiness, his slight clumpsiness and his ever-smiling pharmacist self, and he is a first-degree creep who watches the CCTV tapes that show is favorite client (remember from last season), and who carries a big dagger under his coat. I don&#39;t see good chances for Andrew, unfortunately, though my sympathies are more with him (as Rex&#39;s son).

Actually, I&#39;m kinda glad that Mike and Susie-Q broke (for now) - this&#39;ll give us the chance to see another love story, as in season one. Them being together is something that&#39;s better kept in our fantasies, and keeping us longing to see the fantasy fulfilled on the screen.

Bruce

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by BruceSter+Oct 17 2005, 09:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BruceSter &#064; Oct 17 2005, 09:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RoysToy@Oct 17 2005, 12:12 PM
Do any of you agree with me that last night&#39;s best part of DH was Andrew and George&#39;s not-so-subtle attacks to get the upper hand on each other?  My hopes that future episodes would explore more of Andrew were certainly fulfilled, but I hate that George possibly will get his way and maneuver Bree into sending her son back to the &#39;reform&#39; school.    Who is more cagey, Andrew or George?

Last night&#39;s episode also was kind to us with getting Susan and Mike to end their casual relationship and getting down to some full pledged hard-core stuff.  If Susie-Q wouldn&#39;t make such faulty decisions about most situations, the couple could enjoy partaking of each other longer, but then the story line wouldn&#39;t be nearly as exciting. 

BTW, I can&#39;t help but wonder what Betty and Matthew&#39;s next adventure will be.  Do any of you have ideas?

Luke
[post=352631]Quoted post[/post]​

They&#39;ll eventually have a hard time keeping their prisoner locked away - remember that they live in suburbia, where anyone who keeps away from his neighbors (and his neighbors away from them) is suspicious, so they&#39;ll have to make a move soon. PI Suzie-Q has smelled a rat, I think, and it&#39;s not going to take long, I think, until she investigates further.

That matter aside, I have a good sense for power struggles, and I smell one very hefty coming up with Andrew and George. Unfortunately, I guess George is going to win - dismantle all his preppiness, his slight clumpsiness and his ever-smiling pharmacist self, and he is a first-degree creep who watches the CCTV tapes that show is favorite client (remember from last season), and who carries a big dagger under his coat. I don&#39;t see good chances for Andrew, unfortunately, though my sympathies are more with him (as Rex&#39;s son). I see him win the battles, but lose the war.

Actually, I see power struggles will be the leading subject in this season - remember how Nina and Lynette are going at it, already mentioned George and Andrew, Susan and Edie have already, and will again lock horns over Julie&#39;s sympathy. Actually it&#39;s a very delicate, and interesting topic. I&#39;m really looking forward to how the author and directors will approach it. Regarding Lynette, she&#39;s gaining more and more points in my book - on the pure optical side (she&#39;s looking about five hundred percent better now than she ever has before, since she&#39;s wearing those business suits) and on all the other issues too.

Actually, I&#39;m kinda glad that Mike and Susie-Q broke up partly (for now) - this&#39;ll give us the chance to see another love story, as in season one. Them being together is something that&#39;s better kept in our fantasies, and keeping us longing to see the fantasy fulfilled on the screen.

Bruce
[post=352778]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Hi there,

you noticed that the mysterious basement prisoner has a namesake on this board (Caleb)? The case seems to me like he&#39;s retarded (he leaves the impression of a mentally retarded person, and Matt refers to him as "slow") and killed the Chicago high school student, and is now locked away for protection by Betty, though I am still unsure of how to get Matthew&#39;s negative attitude into the equation.

Bruce

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You picked the main subject of Sunday night&#39;s episode, Bruce, that of Caleb being locked in a Wisteria Lane basement. From a newspaper article I learned more about this mysterious fugitive from justice. Caleb is played by Page Kennedy, a 28 year old actor from Detroit, with a recurring role on Showtime&#39;s "Barber Shop" and parts on other upcoming series. Kennedy told The Associated Press that Caleb was "sweet, but he can be very dangerous", so he remains a bit of a mystery for us. How Betty (Alfre Woodard) and Matthew (Mechad Brooks) have gotten saddled with him has yet to be revealed.

I was expecting you to give us your opinion re. Susan and Mike&#39;s turn of events and, of course, I&#39;m always receptive to any opinions about Andrew and George. I&#39;m wondering how long Bree will keep Andrew in the rehab school. So far this season I haven&#39;t had an much compelling attraction as last season. Do any of you guys sense this lower interest?

Luke

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by RoysToy@Oct 25 2005, 06:24 PM
You picked the main subject of Sunday night&#39;s episode, Bruce, that of Caleb being locked in a Wisteria Lane basement. From a newspaper article I learned more about this mysterious fugitive from justice. Caleb is played by Page Kennedy, a 28 year old actor from Detroit, with a recurring role on Showtime&#39;s "Barber Shop" and parts on other upcoming series. Kennedy told The Associated Press that Caleb was "sweet, but he can be very dangerous", so he remains a bit of a mystery for us. How Betty (Alfre Woodard) and Matthew (Mechad Brooks) have gotten saddled with him has yet to be revealed.

I was expecting you to give us your opinion re. Susan and Mike&#39;s turn of events and, of course, I&#39;m always receptive to any opinions about Andrew and George. I&#39;m wondering how long Bree will keep Andrew in the rehab school. So far this season I haven&#39;t had an much compelling attraction as last season. Do any of you guys sense this lower interest?

Luke
[post=355292]Quoted post[/post]​

I&#39;d not call Caleb sweet, but dangerous - at any given time. I just can&#39;t synchronize his role with what Betty said in episode 2 or so, about not talking to him being part of "his punishment", while his audible presence was part of her punishment. Is she locking him up to protect him from the police? Also, Matthew seems to be more hostile towards him than Betty - is he a relative/friend of the murdered Melanie Foster? It&#39;s a pretty bizarre situation, I can&#39;t clear it up yet, but eventually we will.

I sense a definite tiff coming up as soon as Mike finds out that Susan paid Zach to go to Utah. But the situation in that episode was exemplary for nearly everything that happens in this series: If something decisive for one of the characters happens, it happens in a 1-on-1 situation without eyewitnesses, which explains why people can be killed in this series without the police ever having a real chance with their investigations. But overall, I think Mike and Susie-Q will have a happy outcome at the end of the season, in time with her leaving the cast of characters. Quit when you&#39;re ahead and winning.

I think Andrew will be down until George&#39;s plan will be revealed - as it is now, the Police suspects Bree to be Rex&#39;s killer, that puts George into the dialemma of either watching Bree being arrested and tried, or of admitting his role in Rex&#39;s death. When Bree determines his true nature, she will take Andrew out of Rehab school, I guess.

By the way, did you notice that Edie has been given a much softer image now than in the last season? I can&#39;t help but notice that she looks somewhat more maternal on the promo pictures and in the series now than during last season, and not as committedly vampish as before. I think that has to come together with her role as Julie&#39;s "step"-mother.

Bruce

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by cricketsliar@Oct 26 2005, 04:58 PM
I&#39;ve heard about Linda Dano joining DH, but is it true that Michelle Phillips will soon arrive and be playing Edith Britt&#39;s mother?
[post=355624]Quoted post[/post]​

Truely, I couldn&#39;t imagine a woman like her having a mother at all... but I&#39;m open to surprises, and wonder about the outcome of that... is it possible that she sticks with Karl and Julie so much to get a family to straighten out her mother&#39;s worries about her still/again being on the prowl?

Bruce

B_cricketsliar

Experimental Member
Media
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BruceSter &#064; Oct 31 2005, 06&#58;38 AM) [post=356994]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by cricketsliar@Oct 26 2005, 04:58 PM
I&#39;ve heard about Linda Dano joining DH, but is it true that Michelle Phillips will soon arrive and be playing Edith Britt&#39;s mother?
<div align="right">[post=355624]Quoted post[/post]</div>

Truely, I couldn&#39;t imagine a woman like her having a mother at all... but I&#39;m open to surprises, and wonder about the outcome of that... is it possible that she sticks with Karl and Julie so much to get a family to straighten out her mother&#39;s worries about her still/again being on the prowl?

Bruce
[/b][/quote]

Nothing seems to be out of the realm of possibility when it comes to storytelling on a show like DH. As a matter of fact, it&#39;s almost a necessity that those partners that can shift relationships, do shift relationships, for the purpose of continued titilliating storylines. For example, I foresee Mike Delfino igniting a relationship with either Edith or Bree as a result of Susan&#39;s Utah Check betrayal, and then Karl subsequently eloping with ex-wife Susan as a rebound. The season finale would probably be Edith Britt pregnant by Karl, but in a love triangle with Mike Delfino and Bree- whose two male children become entangled in a new hot gay romance(Susan daughter will be Saved for a Interracial affair with Betty&#39;s son).
I think Michelle Phillips will come in to develop more of Eddie&#39;s backstory, since her impending motherhoood foregrounds her issues with heterfore missing mother.

Oh and yes, it really is an homage to Knot&#39;s Landing

regards
CL

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cricketsliar &#064; Nov 2 2005, 03&#58;06 PM) [post=357715]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nothing seems to be out of the realm of possibility when it comes to storytelling on a show like DH. As a matter of fact, it&#39;s almost a necessity that those partners that can shift relationships, do shift relationships, for the purpose of continued titilliating storylines. For example, I foresee Mike Delfino igniting a relationship with either Edith or Bree as a result of Susan&#39;s Utah Check betrayal, and then Karl subsequently eloping with ex-wife Susan as a rebound. The season finale would probably be Edith Britt pregnant by Karl, but in a love triangle with Mike Delfino and Bree- whose two male children become entangled in a new hot gay romance(Susan daughter will be Saved for a Interracial affair with Betty&#39;s son).
I think Michelle Phillips will come in to develop more of Eddie&#39;s backstory, since her impending motherhoood foregrounds her issues with heterfore missing mother.

Oh and yes, it really is an homage to Knot&#39;s Landing

regards
CL
[/b][/quote]

Hey CL,

I don&#39;t think Mike will even find out about the Utah affair, because that&#39;s one of the pinnacles of the DH storytelling system - 1on1 situations with no witnesses, which grants almost unlimited options of action to the characters.

I&#39;m really picking up interest in this guy Caleb that Betty and Matt (I wouldn&#39;t refer to him as her son - that&#39;s not SO sure) hide in their basement. I foresee him breaking his chains in one episode and stirr up something in the Lane, but I can&#39;t imagine what&#39;s there to come.

Bruce

essam

Just Browsing
Media
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinkGuy &#064; Jul 27 2005, 11&#58;29 PM) [post=332197]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
They are going to take away my official "card carrying gay status", but DH just doesn&#39;t get a rise out of me.
[/b][/quote]

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
<

<

ok

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(essam &#064; Nov 3 2005, 03&#58;47 PM) [post=358041]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinkGuy &#064; Jul 27 2005, 11&#58;29 PM) [post=332197]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
They are going to take away my official "card carrying gay status", but DH just doesn&#39;t get a rise out of me.
[/b][/quote]

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
<

<

ok
[/b][/quote]

What is it that makes this series so interesting for gay men? I mean, obviously it&#39;s been made for straight guys (judging from the female cast), but I don&#39;t see any interesting that should arouse gay guys.

Bruce

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BruceSter &#064; Nov 4 2005, 06&#58;00 PM) [post=358252]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
What is it that makes this series so interesting for gay men? I mean, obviously it&#39;s been made for straight guys (judging from the female cast), but I don&#39;t see any interesting that should arouse gay guys.

Bruce
[/b][/quote]
Mike, John, Carl, Carlos, Rex, Andrew are half-a-dozen draws, Bruce. The likes of Gabrielle, Susan, and Edie do their share of pulling out some Bi (ness), too. Hot females coupled with hot guys do the trick for me.
<

Luke

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RoysToy &#064; Nov 4 2005, 11&#58;28 AM) [post=358266]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BruceSter &#064; Nov 4 2005, 06&#58;00 PM) [post=358252]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>

Bruce
[/b][/quote]
Mike, John, Carl, Carlos, Rex, Andrew are half-a-dozen draws, Bruce. The likes of Gabrielle, Susan, and Edie do their share of pulling out some Bi (ness), too. Hot females coupled with hot guys do the trick for me.
<

Luke
[/b][/quote]

Okay, point made. I guess if the author is gay, then he&#39;d put some treats for his co-sexuals in it, and I guess we don&#39;t have to discuss the hotness of the females any more&#33;

I really was wondering about this as it came up here (that this series is a flag for gay men), because I couldn&#39;t imagine any of the subjects as especially appealing to gay men (not more appealing than to straight guys) - I mean, it&#39;s mostly about straight relationships, except for the gay John replacement, Andrew kissing that other guy, and the cable guy Carlos beat up.

Bruce

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BruceSter &#064; Nov 7 2005, 06&#58;44 AM) [post=358817]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
Okay, point made. I guess if the author is gay, then he&#39;d put some treats for his co-sexuals in it, and I guess we don&#39;t have to discuss the hotness of the females any more&#33;

I really was wondering about this as it came up here (that this series is a flag for gay men), because I couldn&#39;t imagine any of the subjects as especially appealing to gay men (not more appealing than to straight guys) - I mean, it&#39;s mostly about straight relationships, except for the gay John replacement, Andrew kissing that other guy, and the cable guy Carlos beat up.

Bruce
[/b][/quote]
Sure, I understand your take that the focus is directed for straights but Cherry is shrewd enough to slant for the majority of the viewers. Perhaps DH&#39;s popularity indicates 1) the dividing line between str8 and gay entertainment isn&#39;t as decidedly cut as often assumed and 2) our entertainment isn&#39;t limited to what might be sexually arousing for us. I think Cherry concentrates on the basic life situations that we all relate to regardless of our sexual leanings and just throws in the sexual overtones for spicy titilations. BTW, discussing the females&#39; hotness has been fun&#33; lol.

Luke