Next Season on DH

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RoysToy &#064; Nov 7 2005, 10&#58;19 AM) [post=358936]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BruceSter &#064; Nov 7 2005, 06&#58;44 AM) [post=358817]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
Okay, point made. I guess if the author is gay, then he&#39;d put some treats for his co-sexuals in it, and I guess we don&#39;t have to discuss the hotness of the females any more&#33;

I really was wondering about this as it came up here (that this series is a flag for gay men), because I couldn&#39;t imagine any of the subjects as especially appealing to gay men (not more appealing than to straight guys) - I mean, it&#39;s mostly about straight relationships, except for the gay John replacement, Andrew kissing that other guy, and the cable guy Carlos beat up.

Bruce
[/b][/quote]
Sure, I understand your take that the focus is directed for straights but Cherry is shrewd enough to slant for the majority of the viewers. Perhaps DH&#39;s popularity indicates 1) the dividing line between str8 and gay entertainment isn&#39;t as decidedly cut as often assumed and 2) our entertainment isn&#39;t limited to what might be sexually arousing for us. I think Cherry concentrates on the basic life situations that we all relate to regardless of our sexual leanings and just throws in the sexual overtones for spicy titilations. BTW, discussing the females&#39; hotness has been fun&#33; lol.

Luke
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, talking about those ladies is fun - actually, it&#39;s always fun to discuss a woman&#39;s (or several women&#39;s) hotness, but here we have four pretty exemplary cases. Hm, didn&#39;t the last episode make you a bit sad too? It truly ached almost physically to see Suzie-Q left in the middle of the Lane. Well, but then, resolving that story thread YET would be too fast, after all, there are a lot more episodes to come&#33;

The dividing line between straight and gay entertainment isn&#39;t so clear in this case, but then again you have to keep in mind that Cherry has been hawking the exposé for the scripts with the TV stations for nearly ten years, and it is very mainstream erotic, with the homosexuality just in form of allusions, perception of a gay viewer, but not with an explicit and clear gay storyline - I can&#39;t imagine Andrew&#39;s gonna make a major storyline.

Bruce

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah, what is it with the desperate ladies abusing their gowns? First we have Gabrielle mowing her lawn in an evening gown and then Susie-Q chasing Mike's pickup down the Lane in her wedding gown --a bit ridiculous, but humourous none the less.

Your summation of the str8/gay theme is right-on, my friend, and reveals an in-depth perception of the show's main story lines. I, too, predict Andrew's plot to be down-played.

Luke

B_cricketsliar

Experimental Member
Media
I'd like to think that Mr. Cherry would be daring enough to craft both a gay, and interracial romantic storyline, but then DH would lose it's mainstream American appeal. What was I thinking, they're all employed by Disney, and this degree of raciness would be more fitting of a Paramount studio type show on UPN.

Still a Fan

CL

B_cricketsliar

Experimental Member
Media
Have you guys heard about Paige Kennedy (Caleb) being let go from DH, for flashing an female executive producer? I wonder will the role be recast, or will the storyline be dumped?

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks for your post, cricketsliar, I was just ready to ask if anybody else had heard of his being "let go". I think I had gotten the news from "NakedNewsDailyMale", but not the reason for it. Flashing -- gosh, what's wrong with the dude?

Luke

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wonder about some of the guys' cocks - I'd surely not be disappointed if I found Mike Delfino packing some big pipe in his overall or jeans, and if Carlos had a nice big one under his suitpants, I'd go for it, too. Those are the most appealing men to me on TV at the moment.

B_cricketsliar

Experimental Member
Media
I don't know what's wrong with him, but after last nights episode I'm wondering if the storyline truely dictates a recast of Caleb? Don't get me wrong, I liked the ideal of an African-American family moving into Ms. Suzie Q's hood, but what is their point, where is this whole thing going? Alfre is a terrific actress capable of really pulling this storyline off, but there needs to be more meat, depth, history, and interaction between the Applewhites and the other families.

Suburbia would never tolerate a big Black Beast roaming the community attacking pregnant women.

B_cricketsliar

Experimental Member
Media
Since Edith, and Susan fight like sisters would'nt it be great if they turned out to be acutally related? What if they share the same father? That would really complicate the girls relationship. Also, kudos to Mr. Cherry for going there with Bree's daughter, let's see how this one plays out?

CL

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I just hope tonight's episode will be decent. Although DH hadn't been showing anything new in the past few weeks, I felt like Cherry was assaulting me left and right with plot lines and easily forecasted twists. He should've taken his time with some of these story elements instead of hammering me with
  • Carlos' irresistability toward jealousy in the face of new found Catholicism
  • an over-the-top tryst between Andrew and Justin
  • legal blackmail
  • the dead body in the trunk
  • suspicion of the Applewhites
  • Bree's DUI
  • Zach finding out that he and Delfino have the same blood type
  • Zach being banned from hanging out with people in the neighborhood
  • Zach being home-schooled (wtf?)
  • Felicia Tillman's return
  • that one old guy near-death
All in an hour.

Of course, I'm glad Ms. Tillman is back. I loved her character. I just hope Cherry will start taking his time with the stories and letting them develop instead of looking so rushed on camera.