Next time a telemarketer calls.....

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
YouTube - The Funniest way on How to deal with a Telemarketer

this is supposedly a man's recording of a phone call he received from a telemarketer and how he handled. DO NOT try this at home (but listen cuz its hella funny). ps this is a playback so there are people laughing in the background but thats not part of the phone call

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Impersonating a police officer, interesting.

My personal favorite I heard was,

"Is that anything like a rectal suppository?"
Well no sir it's a magazine..
"No? Well you can do the same thing with it!" *click*

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I sometimes tell telemarketers that I'm busy right now but, If you give me your home phone number Ill call you back

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Impersonating a police officer, interesting.

My personal favorite I heard was,

"Is that anything like a rectal suppository?"
Well no sir it's a magazine..
"No? Well you can do the same thing with it!" *click*

that's why i suggested noone try it, cuz i was seriously contemplating it til i remembered that impersonating an officer is a felony (unless you're in the country illegally).

PS i'd feel bad for the guy but telemarketers are right up there with child molestors and hitler to me

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
fyi you guys

According to the legislation that has been passed they are required, when you ask, to take your name off the call list.

In addition to this also visit
https://www.donotcall.gov/
put in your phone numbers and a valid email address. You will receive an email confirmation which you must use to complete the registration.

After your number has been on the list for 31 days you should not receive any more unsolicited commercial calls. If you do, inform the caller you have registered on the do not call list and they are in violation. The telemarketer is required to remove your number from the clients list and update their own systems so that future client lists will not result in a call.

If they do call again then ask for the name of the telemarketing firm and the name of their client. supply this information on the above page.

The partner and I registered right away and have since re-upped. It does work. Charities and places you have a business relationship with can still call, but if you tell them not to they have to comply.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh, please, impersonating an officer? I don't think that qualified.

I feel sorry for people that have to do that for a living, but I absolutely detest telemarketing.

westy30004

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't listen since my kids are in the room...didn't know if it was safe...but I always ask a telemarketer what they are wearing....then I say,"What are you wearing under that?"

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
wasn't the entire premise of the call that he WAS impersonating an officer?? he wasn't impersonating a figure skater
He claimed he was a detective, yes, to a telemarketer who called him. "Impersonating" is usually more along the lines of wearing a uniform, and trying to gain entry to a home or extract information from a motorist or something similar.

Just telling a telemarketer "I'm Detective Jones" doesn't really qualify, at least not in a legal-liability sense.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
He claimed he was a detective, yes, to a telemarketer who called him. "Impersonating" is usually more along the lines of wearing a uniform, and trying to gain entry to a home or extract information from a motorist or something similar.

Just telling a telemarketer "I'm Detective Jones" doesn't really qualify, at least not in a legal-liability sense.

true, but i'm sure the telemarketer could've taken it to court. the man certainly caused stress by insisting that he was a detective. the judge would dismiss the case though cuz everybody hates telemarketers.

alteran

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
true, but i'm sure the telemarketer could've taken it to court. the man certainly caused stress by insisting that he was a detective. the judge would dismiss the case though cuz everybody hates telemarketers.
prosecutor prolly wouldnt even press charges.. since they probably wouldnt wanna extradite the dude... and telemarketers are from the 9th circle of the 7th level in the 16th dimension of damnation

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 43 > § 912

§ 912. Officer or employee of the United States

Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

From US Code. Most state laws are similar. The operative thing that makes it illegal is impersonating for the purpose of getting something, other than just a reaction, that you couldn't otherwise get. When someone calls my phone, I'm free to answer it any way I choose to, even "8th precinct, Detective Jones speaking." That's not impersonating, by a legal definition. I could not legally put on a uniform, knock on someone's door, and say "I need to search your house."

Of course, to avoid any possibility of such implications, when a telemarketer calls, you could always just say something like, "mmm, you have a sexy voice, I'm going to stroke my cock while you talk..."

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 43 > § 912

§ 912. Officer or employee of the United States

Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

From US Code. Most state laws are similar. The operative thing that makes it illegal is impersonating for the purpose of getting something, other than just a reaction, that you couldn't otherwise get. When someone calls my phone, I'm free to answer it any way I choose to, even "8th precinct, Detective Jones speaking." That's not impersonating, by a legal definition. I could not legally put on a uniform, knock on someone's door, and say "I need to search your house."

Of course, to avoid any possibility of such implications, when a telemarketer calls, you could always just say something like, "mmm, you have a sexy voice, I'm going to stroke my cock while you talk..."

true, but in the world of comedy atleast, this would be called an impression. somebody tell ellen degeneres to arrest this man!!!