Next week isn't going to be fun and update not all bad

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I start off my day monday with an EMG of my feet and hands. Basically they stick accupuncture type needles in muscle/nerve areas and see what type of response they get. They are looking for neuropathy. I have little feeling in my feet and no clue where they are on stairs. It's like my body is two separate halves. Maybe we will find an answer, it's been like that since my head injury in 1999, but nobody looked any farther than scans.

I called my doctors office (ENT) again today to check on when I am getting my treatment for Meniere's. I found out the residents I have had the whole time are on their next rotation Monday :frown1: But two of the three email their supervisior and the two new residents working with one of the best vertigo docs in the nation. I should be getting a call back Tuesday if not Monday of when my treatment will start and what their plans are.

I did receive an appology via phone from the resident I saw last time for not presenting in time for his supervisor going off on a conference thus delaying my care another week. But all in all these three residents I have, have been wonderful patient advocates. I wrote to their supervisor after my hospital stay and commended all of them. I will write again thanking them for their care during their rotation and wishing them the best. Good Doc let alone healthcare is hard to come by these days. I make it a habit to commend good service because for all the good they do, they really never hear about it.

Anyhow, I did get the name of the two new residents taking over this phase of my care and their pager numbers in case of an ER trip. I am hopeful in a couple of weeks they will have the treatment started and that I am on the road to a better quality of life!

I also got my lifetime (free) membership to Medic Alert today :biggrin1: After 5 years and my current budget i couldn't afford a membership, so after talking with a rep. they gave me a free one. It expires long after I will, in 2106! LOL

So, all in all not a horrid day as of yet :)

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it sounds like things are going okay, and good luck with everything, good on you with the medic alert, i need one myself.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
it sounds like things are going okay, and good luck with everything, good on you with the medic alert, i need one myself.

thanks snoozan, I have nothing but good things to say about Medic
Alert the bracelet and EMT's calling have saved my life more than once.

If you need the address for a free membership for those who are unable to afford their cost. Please let me know and I will be happy to email it to you.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey, Thatgal, could you email me with that address? I really think that is important and have been meaning to get one myself. Thanks.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have they said why they're testing for neuropathy, that's not a symptom of Meniere's, although Meniere's may present as a symptom of central nervous system disorders.