Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've noticed recently that there are less and less visible jock strap lines in the game today. Watching the first half of the Saints and Cardinals game, there were so few instances of strap sightings I could probably count them on one hand. What's up with that? When I played, straps and cups were required, and everyone's straps were completely visible through our pants. I've also noticed a few cock outlines and bulges, indicating no jock at all. Again, what's up with that?
Anyone else notice this, or am I the only one?

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You were watching football, and this is what you came up with? I think you need to alter the 90% straight, 10% gay in your profile.

LOL. Personally I like to comment on how color-coordinatated (or not) the uniforms are and whether they clash with the green of the playing field.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
actually I have wondered the same thing...used to be interesting to see the 'lines'....nice beefy butt with a strap...

cookie

Just Browsing
Media
And? Men do have penises and they do sit near the front of the pelvis and they do come in different sizes.

Is the penis something to be ashamed of, to be hidden, to be concealed, to be censored?

Do you complain when females on television and movies go without bras and panties?

bookersnooker

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
direct hit from what? A player? I dont think football players have to worry about nut shots as much as baseball or hockey, unless they jump in front of the ball with their crotch.

I cant imagine getting tackled poses alot of harm to your junk - or atleast enough of a risk to have to wear a cup and loose the mobility

RSMH

Worshipped Member
Media
I've noticed recently that there are less and less visible jock strap lines in the game today. Watching the first half of the Saints and Cardinals game, there were so few instances of strap sightings I could probably count them on one hand. What's up with that? When I played, straps and cups were required, and everyone's straps were completely visible through our pants. I've also noticed a few cock outlines and bulges, indicating no jock at all. Again, what's up with that?
Anyone else notice this, or am I the only one?
http://underwearfanatic.typepad.com/underwearfanaticcom/images/jockstrap3.jpg

The photo (linked above) is taken from this older thread on this topic I found in a search:

Reactions: WillGrantWill

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Compression pants. Things like that are more sophisticated than a 1950's jockstrap.

"More sophisticated"? perhaps. Comp shorts don't do anywhere near as good a job as jockstraps in terms of supporting your balls. I think most guys nowadays think it's weird to have your ass exposed. Altho' I grew up with jocks and all the guys in school wore 'em, I have to admit that I can see their point.
Still, I hope one day we'll have a return to jockstraps as normal sports wear. All it'd take is one celebrity athlete promoting them in a PR campaign and then we'd see real men wearing jockstraps like they're supposed to!

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
direct hit from what? A player? I dont think football players have to worry about nut shots as much as baseball or hockey, unless they jump in front of the ball with their crotch.

I cant imagine getting tackled poses alot of harm to your junk - or atleast enough of a risk to have to wear a cup and loose the mobility

There have got to me many more nut shots in football in than in baseball, for chrissakes! The brutality of the nature of the sport would make it. I'd wear a cup for sure.
Certainly hockey players need it, and baseball players too for the stray shot to the balls, but football has all that severe contact.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Players feel jocks slow them down and makes it harder to move

Surely this is misguided. In what sense could a jockstrap POSSIBLE make a person slower?? I could maybe see how wearing a cup MIGHT, but really, does it make an appreciable difference? I'd far rather have my nuts protected than worry about an imaginary speed difference, but then athlete's can be crazy about stuff like that.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media

You must be kidding. Not much harm to your junk in a game like football, whose purpose is to pummel the other guy?? I think cups should be required, as they are in many high schools. I would certainly say that hockey has a higher nut injury risk, but then all players wear cups ( THEY don't seem to worry about it "slowing them down," so why do football players? Seems thoughtless.
Cups do NOT cause you to lose "mobility"!