NFL and jock straps

MuscleBoundMan

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I played in the 80's and you wore a cup because nut-shots were quite common. I know several current players and I haven't asked them about nut-shots specifically but I can tell by talking with them that the play isn't as dirty as it used to be. Not wearing all the pads and a hard cup used to void your injury insurance contract, don't know if thats still true. I did practice once in college with my pants ripped almost completely through the inseam. There were comments but no one suggested changing in the middle of practice.

In HS we used to pray for rain cause our white pants were completely see-through when wet and the girls would be crazy horned-up by the time the game was over. We joked about it all the time.

I have been in the locker room for a few games in the last couple of years and from what i could tell every guy wore a cup, but most wore compression shorts. I know from the pics there are players not wearing protection and someone's going to take them out. It's just a matter of time.

On a similar note, I wear a "soft" cup for kick boxing now. It's sufficient to protect from the "accidental" below the belt shots. They stay in place better than hard cups and a lot of times women will think it's all you and be staring at the bulge. Last year I survived a practice five rounder with a much younger guy, but I was drenched with sweat after it. A friend took our photo and my yellow shorts are transparent and my cock has slipped out of my soft cup and is clearly hanging down the left side of the shorts in the pic. My buds got a good laugh out of that one.

Icantthinkofaname

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Last year I survived a practice five rounder with a much younger guy, but I was drenched with sweat after it. A friend took our photo and my yellow shorts are transparent and my cock has slipped out of my soft cup and is clearly hanging down the left side of the shorts in the pic. My buds got a good laugh out of that one.
And the reason you haven't felt the need to share this photo is?

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
oh yeah. basketball pants have gotten horrible long. bring back the old days of short..real short..pants and a jock. the compression shorts and shirts with the uniforms looks ridiculus. even in the movie Airplane..where they are taking the passed out Kareem Abdul Jabar out of the pilots seat and he's in basketball shorts from his era, you can see the leg straps of his jock as his shorts ride up. the way it should be for a man!

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Most guys nowadays wear compression shorts rather than jocks, plus the actual uniform pants themselves are different than they used to be. Some guys still wear jocks, but I am in awe that there aren't more injuries without guys wearing hard cups like they used to.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
love looking at straps on a guy in a football outfit!!!!

You can see lots of these sorts of pics at strappedjocks.blogspot.com.
Great site. There's also a link to foundjockstraps (or something like that) that just has pics of jockstraps lying around. Kinda plain and simple, but hot.

Ironically, that famous pic of whats-his-name being hindered in his run by the other guys grabbing his jockstrap waistband probably did more harm than good to NFL jock-wearers. Now they're less likely to wear the traditional jock because this sort of thing might happen at a key moment. That sux, cuz I think the NFL could single-handed revive the tradition of wearing jockstraps in this country.

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"STRAPS" are alive and well in the NFL! TOM BRADY and ELI MANNING are both "STRAP HOUNDS" and COLT McCOY has a contract with BIKE to be their spokesperson. I heard a rumor from a buddy of mine in Cleveland that COLT often wears a 'BLACK STRAP' as 'undies'!!

I see lotsa younger dudes in the LR of my racketball club wearing "STRAPS". So be patient and you will see what's OLD is NEW again.

RICKY_27