NFL Player gunned down in home.

RupinX

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am sure you have heard by now. Washington Redskin's safety Sean Taylor is said to be fighting for his life in critical condition after being shot in his Miami home.

Not start a stink, but, when are we going to to get a grip on guns in this country? It seriously getting ridiculous and starting to really piss me off.

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
would you feel better if he was stabbed?

You do understand that the right to bear arms is in the constitution. If they can just do away with the second amendment... Im sure your fourth and first will be next.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK, I am a gun owner. I am not an NRA zealot. I do not keep my guns in the house due to my children. I do feel a need for gun control, but it won't work.

Gun control is, and will be, about as effective as the war on drugs. The problem isn't the guns themselves, but the element that provides the guns and gun brokers breaking the law unchecked. You can legislate and dictate to the law abiding populous all you want, but for every one law abiding person out there who would follow that law, there is at least two that won't. The illegal gun broker and his client.

Yes, hearing that yet another NFL player is vicitm of gun violence irritates me, but I also have to ask, what did he possibly do to put himself in someone's crosshairs?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Yes, because taking firearms away from the responsible, law-abiding citizenry would so effectively curtail their misuse by the criminal elements... :rolleyes:

It ain't so simple, HazinGawd.
Many of the firearm killings are the work of the normally "responsible, law-abiding citizenry."
Blow your gasket and reach for a gun is far more deadly than blow your gasket and reach for the frying pan.
It ain't guns that kill people, it's people with guns.
But ... same diff.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's a shame especially since he is a new father.

RupinX, I'm not sure taking away the right to gun ownership will prevent things like this from happening. IMO we would do better to sink a few hundred million dollars into the overhauling of mental health care in this country.

Redskins' Taylor shot in his home

Pro Bowl safety in critical condition in Florida hospital

Posted: Monday November 26, 2007 10:26AM; Updated: Monday November 26, 2007 11:40AM

http://i.cnn.net/si/images/1.gifhttp://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/football/nfl/11/26/bc.fbn.redskins.taylors.ap/t1-taylor.jpg
Redskins safety Sean Taylor is in critical condition after he was shot at his Florida home late Sunday night.
Matt Stroshane/Getty Images

http://i.cnn.net/si/images/1.gif
http://i.cnn.net/si/images/1.gif

http://i.cnn.net/si/images/1.gifASHBURN, Va. (AP) --

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor was in critical condition after he was shot at his Florida home Monday, police said.

Miami-Dade County police officers were dispatched to Taylor's home at about 1:45 a.m. and found him shot. He was then airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital, police Detective Alvaro Zabaleta said. He didn't know where Taylor was injured.

A brief statement from the Redskins said Taylor was undergoing treatment at the Miami hospital and that police were investigating. His family has asked that no information about his condition be released at this point, said hospital spokeswoman Lorraine Nelson.

Taylor has a home in the Miami suburb of Palmetto Bay that he bought for $900,000 two years ago.

Taylor, 24, is in his fourth season with the Redskins after playing at the University of Miami, where he was an All-American in 2003. He leads the team with five interceptions but has missed the last two games with a knee injury. The Redskins lost 19-13 to the Buccaneers in Tampa on Sunday.

Although extremely talented, Taylor has been in trouble -- on and off the field -- numerous times since he was drafted with the No. 5 overall pick out of Miami in 2004. He has been fined at least seven times during his professional career for late hits and other infractions, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a playoff game in January 2006. He was also fined $25,000 for skipping a mandatory rookie symposium shortly after he was drafted.

In 2005, Taylor was accused of brandishing a gun at a man and repeatedly hitting him during a fight that broke out after Taylor and some friends went looking for the people who had allegedly stolen his all-terrain vehicles.

Taylor reached a deal with prosecutors last year after they agreed to drop felony charges against him. He pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors in the assault case and was sentenced to 18 months probation. The pleas prompted another fine from the NFL but kept his football career intact.
He was also ordered to talk about the importance of education at 10 Miami schools and had to contribute $1,000 for scholarships to each of those schools.

The man Taylor allegedly hit, Ryan Hill, also sued, seeking at least $15,000 in damages. Hill suffered bruising to his body, incurred medical expenses and lost wages because of the fight, the lawsuit said.

Through it all, Redskins coaches and players have defended Taylor, saying he was smart and misunderstood. Taylor has been slow let anyone into his inner circle -- he has rarely spoken to reporters because he does not trust them -- but teammates said he became more mature over the last year after he became a father for the first time.

RupinX

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
would you feel better if he was stabbed?

You do understand that the right to bear arms is in the constitution. If they can just do away with the second amendment... Im sure your fourth and first will be next.

Yes, very aware of an outdated law that has no pertinence in the year 2007.

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What hazel is saying is that if guns are out lawed only outlaws will have guns.

How will the law abiding citizens defend and protect their families against the criminals with guns?

RupinX

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, hearing that yet another NFL player is vicitm of gun violence irritates me, but I also have to ask, what did he possibly do to put himself in someone's crosshairs?

He was at home sleeping with his family when a home invasion occurred.:rolleyes:

RupinX

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RupinX, I'm not sure taking away the right to gun ownership will prevent things like this from happening. IMO we would do better to sink a few hundred million dollars into the overhauling of mental health care in this country.

I totally hear you on that one. But I mean you have to ask yourself (which I am sure you have), what is the reason to own a gun? To kill things. I agree that the problem goes much deeper than guns themselves, but I just wonder why people are so concerned about protecting a law that really only encourages violent crimes.

RupinX

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How will the law abiding citizens defend and protect their families against the criminals with guns?

Honestly, how often do you hear of a citizen that defended and protected his family against criminals thanks to the gun he owned?

On the contrary, how often do you hear of a kid who accidently blew his face off with Daddy's gun? Or who took it to school and shot up the place?

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Honestly, how often do you hear of a citizen that defended and protected his family against criminals thanks to the gun he owned?

On the contrary, how often do you hear of a kid who accidently blew his face off with Daddy's gun? Or who took it to school and shot up the place?

Believe it or not I hear it quite often, but you need to be in the areas or around the people where a shooting might occur (ie low income urban areas)

...but I believe you are missing the point. Its too late to outlaw guns... didnt work for drugs, wont work for weapons.

RupinX

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...but I believe you are missing the point. Its too late to outlaw guns... didnt work for drugs, wont work for weapons.

sadly, you are totally right about that one...

well actually it is not totally true, there are other extreme methods we could try...but I doubt we will ever have the guts to do it.

As for drugs, we (the govt) has never really gotten serious about that issue in the first place.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He was at home sleeping with his family when a home invasion occurred.:rolleyes:

This is truly tragic. I hope he pulls through.

I have no pity for the NFL players who run around with guns, playing the big baller and then they can't understand how someone could take a shot at them. Think someone akin to Michael Vick only a little more illegal in intent.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He's no angel, he's a thug. :redface: Does that mean he derves to die? NO! I'm just saying h it's not like he was an innocent bystander. I'm sure in a few days we will find out this was related to one of his previous illicit activities.

Taylor is Charged With a Felony

Taylor Arrested on DWI Charge

He who lives by the sword, shall die by the sword. :frown1:

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if we outlaw guns, then only outlaws will have guns, yada yada yada.

"guns dont kill people; people kill people...but the gun helps" - eddie izzard

like Osiris said, what did he do to "deserve" this...and please note the quotes there...no one deserves to be shot, but somewhere along the line he must've pissed off someone, and they felt revenge was needed...the main article mentioned he has a history of waving around guns, so maybe it came back at him...this might even turn away from a guns issue into more of a "what the fuck is wrong with pro athletes" issue...half the cincinnati bengals have been arrested in the past few years...pacman jones beats up strippers...darrent williams was shot & killed in a driveby after "an altercation" in a club...hell, ray lewis killed a guy (maybe)...and mike vick is a whole different world...im not saying athletes should be choir boys, but cmon...and i dont mean to be turning the conversation this way, but i just have a feeling its gonna go there.

RupinX

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He's no angel, he's a thug. :redface: Does that mean he derves to die? NO! I'm just saying h it's not like he was an innocent bystander. I'm sure in a few days we will find out this was related to one of his previous illicit activities.

He is definitely no angel. I wasn't trying to imply he was. But just think it is pretty lame that no matter the situation people think gunning someone down is the best solution.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I retract my prior statement on this. This isn't tragic, it's karma biting another idiot in the butt. The Cosa Nostra's motto fit's here:

Live by the sword, die by the sword

Yes it is tragic that people think this way Rupin, but what do you expect? Look at the crap he has done. Violence begets violence. You live that big balling, criminal lifestyle, you pay for it somewhere. Maybe we can hope his children will avoid their father's path of crime.