Nfl

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Call me crazy, but I'm not selling my NFL stock just yet (or at any rate, I wouldn't if I had any).

I mean, come on. This is America, and . . . hell, it's FOOTBALL, dammit!

I mean, if I said anything negative about the NFL, I would be asked again ‘Are you now or have you ever been a member of the communist party?’

D

deleted37010

Call me crazy, but I'm not selling my NFL stock just yet (or at any rate, I wouldn't if I had any).

I mean, come on. This is America, and . . . hell, it's FOOTBALL, dammit!
our house cut the directv ... no espn / redzone at home
our first season of football without on demand access
we're managing...
we go out when it's a must see game (usually involving the texans or the ohio state)

those of us who cut cable or directv account for some of the losses

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No, I don't feel the need. But he's now inserted himself in the collective accusation of a group of posters being White nationalists. And I'd like to see if they are capable of justifying themselves. He in particular, if he had any real basis for this accusation, would be capable of demonstrating proof of it.

Waste of synaptic activity.

Industriallies

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Reactions: Hatched69

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
My tax dollars have been spent on much worse. And I support his freedom to do as he pleases.
You support his freedom to do as he pleases with our tax dollars, but not the freedom of NFL players to protest social injustices? What a fine upstanding American you are!

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You support his freedom to do as he pleases with our tax dollars, but not the freedom of NFL players to protest social injustices? What a fine upstanding American you are!

If Mike Pence takes a knee during the National Anthem, I'll eat my left shoe. And right foot.

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If Mike Pence takes a knee during the National Anthem, I'll eat my left shoe. And right foot.

And who would care if you did? No one would laugh, no one would weep, no one would care, and the goldfish will still shit in his bowl every day as usual.

And who is Mike Pence except a noddy figure on the dashboard of Trump’s car in the drive to nowhere?

I could survey 100,000 people to name 250 independent thinkers, and Pence wouldn’t get one vote.

Reactions: MisterB

All players should take a knee during our racist National Anthem. It is not worth standing for and neither is this horrible country.

Just whose knee do you think they should take? The US anthem is sung to a nicked tune of a ye old Irish/British pub song. Why not kneel and toast it with a beer.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Am I the only one who thinks the US flag is garish?

All those stripes. All those stars. It's too busy. A strong flag is a simple one.

Reactions: 185248

braalian

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Am I the only one who thinks the US flag is garish?

All those stripes. All those stars. It's too busy. A strong flag is a simple one.
If you don't think the US flag is the best looking flag on earth, then you're an alt-left, commie who hates America and should leave.
(Sarcasm, just beating bulldog to the punch)

In terms of aesthetics, I think the French tricolor is the best flag. The South Korean flag, with its ying-yang thing is pretty cool.

The American flag *is* too busy. I doubt the original designer (Betsy Ross?) envisioned that fifty stars would have to be crammed on the thing one day.

As much as I like Canada, I think a maple leaf is weak sauce as a national symbol.

Reactions: halcyondays