NH senator wishes the disabled shipped to Siberia--

Discussion in 'Politics' started by helgaleena, Mar 12, 2011.

1. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    --or perhaps the gas ovens. I hope he doesn't spare his crippled granny, in all fairness.

NH GOP State Rep. Says Disabled and Mentally Ill Are

Via the Concord Monitor; Barrington Republican Martin Harty told Sharon Omand, a Strafford resident who manages a community mental health program, that “the world is too populated” and there are “too many defective people,” according to an e-mail account of the conversation by Omand. Asked what he meant, she said Harty clarified, “You know the mentally ill, the retarded, people with physical disabilities and drug addictions – the defective people society would be better off without.”

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    For the record, this congressman is part of the Tea Party.

3. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    for the record the left wants to limit how long old people can live....ie deathsquads....
    give me a break

4. phillyhangin

phillyhangin New Member

Albums:
    If that helps you sleep at night... :rolleyes:

At any rate, addressing the real issue of this individual from the political right who is advocating eugenics through euthanasia, I wonder if he realizes just how morally repugnant his statements are? More to the point, I wonder if the people who elected him understand just what this guy is saying.

5. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Deathsquads? As in gangs of goons going around shooting old people? Got any links for this? If not, your trolling and you should do that here.

btw-- if you want to channel a ditz like Sarah Palin, at least get it right.

6. D_Davy_Downspout

D_Davy_Downspout Account Disabled

What the fuck? Got something to back this up?

7. phillyhangin

phillyhangin New Member

Albums:
    I think that was in a movie once. Death Race 2000, with David Carradine and Sylvester Stallone, I believe. Except they used cars, not guns. The effect was much the same, though.

It looks like they were a few years off...

8. Cuddler

Cuddler Member

I hope you left out a not: "you should not do that here."

9. maxcok

Gold Member

10. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

As a NH resident and voter I am angry and disappointed in my elected officials. How could they possibly cut funds that assist the most destitute and at risk? I hope Mr. Harty and Mr. Lynch start packing because they won't serve another term here. I wish I were there for the protest, but I plan on making my voice heard.

sidenote: If you decide to watch the video with the linked article, go to 2:30. It will break your heart.

11. Cuddler

Cuddler Member

It's scary when a Reductio ad Nazium is not hyperbole.

12. maxcok

Gold Member

I know, reich?

Not to worry though, that kind of Nationalistic Autocracy could never take power in America. :rolleyes2:

Will we NEVER learn from history? I guess you have to study and understand it first. That, of course, would be a liberal extravagance.

13. phillyhangin

phillyhangin New Member

Albums:
    Well, I didn't want to be the first to use the word "Nazi," but, yes, that's what my reference to "eugenics through euthanasia" implied. It's sad that people don't learn from the past. As soon as anyone in power says anything even remotely close to the words "defective people," they need to be removed from power instantly and irrevocably. In fact, they're the ones who should be deported, because if anything is un-American, it's that kind of a disgusting sentiment.

14. phillyhangin

phillyhangin New Member

Albums:
  15. phillyhangin

phillyhangin New Member

Albums:
    Does NH have a recall system in its constitution? If so, does it have a one-year waiting period like WI? I hope for everyone in NH that you can hand these people a stinging rebuttal (in the form of a pink slip) without having to wait four years!

On the plus side, I like his line "the world is too populated": If his noble goal is to reduce overpopulation, then maybe he should volunteer to leave the planet. I hear Venus is lovely this time of year...

16. midlifebear

Gold Member

I find this story difficult to believe, but not by much. When Reagan took office the Social Services Office in ALL states took severe hits. The mentally marginalized were marginalized even further. The State Training School in the little mormon community was forced to return hundreds of mentally challenged "children" to their families who didn't have the funds or means to care for them. The disenfranchised and out-right poor were forced out of their partially subsidized housing to live on the streets. Prior to Reagan becoming "The World's Greatest President" he was responsible for the "first death panels" as people of little or no means starved, families were broken up, and public housing was cut to almost nothing. The new mental facilities and homes for the poor became Greyhound buses.

And now we have his predecessor in this asshole from New Hampshire? If he were a "real" Tea Bagger he would have suggested doing science experiments on the poor, mentally ill and mentally challenged so they could at least earn their keep. Right?

I usually don't wish bad things to happen to people, but it looks as though there is a load of Tea Baggers who need to be relieved of their imaginary duty.

17. phillyhangin

phillyhangin New Member

Albums:
    Yes, I remember the "success" of those measures well: A major mental health institution nearby was closed down because of this, and the direct result was nearly a thousand mentally unstable individuals with no homes and no families living in the streets. Some of them died from exposure when winter came because the already overcrowded homeless shelters had been cut back even further, others were arrested because people complained that they were a "public nuisance," some caused problems because they became unstable without their medications, and in general, it was a major mess all around.

Such a great policy: turn people who can't care for themselves loose and let them die in the streets so that "decent (i.e. wealthy) folks" don't have to pay taxes to support "those damned freeloaders."

No, no, the mentally ill shouldn't be paid for their "services"; after all, how can the pharmaceutical and cosmetics companies earn record profits if they have to pay their "human guinea pigs"? :rolleyes:

Acres of Skin: Human Experiments at Holmesburg Prison

And quickly!

18. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

First & foremost - the Left & Liberals do advocate eugenics - what else is abortion about? You're even allowed one because of a fetus with a cleft palate. I don't know what the fuss is about.

Secondly - there's absolutely no proof of context - it sounds like someone ragging someone else without a sense of humour(however justified on this issue).

And he is 91!

19. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Time to retire then. And no, abortion is not about eugenics unless it is mandated by an over-arching societal policy. As it stands, your example of cleft palate is possible to surgically repair IF the parents have the inclination and the funds. Not all abortions are based on fetus viability. Perfectly fine sets of genes simply aren't wanted.

Many parents choose to support continued gestation of their children with irreparable birth defects of their own free will, a la the author of My Left Foot... Such decisions should rest with the individual and not with some governmental agent, especially one so behind the fashion.

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress....scriminately-kill-because-racism-is-awful.jpg

#19 helgaleena, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  20. houtx48

Gold Member

He is a Representative not a Senator just to be clear. Not the it makes his message any less asinine.

Draft saved Draft deleted