NHL hockey fans on LPSG: stand up and be counted!

Who Ya Got?

• New Jersey Devils

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • New York Islanders

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • New York Rangers

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Philadelphia Flyers

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Pittsburgh Penguins

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Boston Bruins

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Buffalo Sabres

• Montreal Canadiens

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Ottawa Senators

• Toronto Maple Leafs

• Carolina Hurricanes

• Tampa Bay Lightning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Florida Panthers

• Washington Capitals

• Winnipeg Jets

• Chicago Blackhawks

• Columbus Blue Jackets

• Detroit Red Wings

• Nashville Predators

• St. Louis Blues

• Calgary Flames

• Colorado Avalanche

• Edmonton Oilers

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Minnesota Wild

• Vancouver Canucks

• Anaheim Ducks

• Dallas Stars

• Los Angeles Kings

• Phoenix Coyotes

• San Jose Sharks

• Total voters

fatknobb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not yet, theyre going to have to close down the garden for a while in order to do it. The consession stand up top is pretty sweet though, different food options, and more beers than just Bud + Bud Light...

Bob Ross

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not yet, theyre going to have to close down the garden for a while in order to do it. The consession stand up top is pretty sweet though, different food options, and more beers than just Bud + Bud Light...

But still about $10+ a plastic bottle, still (no matter the variety). I'm guessing

D_Marina_DelRhey

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I bleed red....hell red, to be exact.
I'm a Devils fan to the bone, but some of my best friends are Rangers or Flyers fans....as well are some of the people I can't stand.

I go to college in Flyers country - right around Trenton, NJ. But I live 10 minutes from the Prudential Center in Newark.
I've developed a very bitter resentment towards Flyers fans, mainly because 8/10 of the fans I'm exposed to are ludicrously crude and..well stupid. My roommate, a Flyers "fan" rants and raves about the Flyers all the time, how they're so much better than the Devils and that since his team is better, he's a better fan than I am. I've been watching 10x longer than he has, and know about 100x more.
Through all this, and the episodes of 24/7, I've grown to like the Flyers players, but still have resentment towards the fans. Like I said though, there are good ones out there.

With the Rangers, my future roommate is a Rangers fan, who is similar to the Flyers roommate, but he actually knows stuff and can hold a logical argument (most of the time). This doesn't stop him from blurting out the childish "Brodeur is old" joke all of the time, and gets angry when anyone dares to insult or reveal the harsh truth about the Rangers.

It's a tough job, but the Devils need support down there, and I'm their guy.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, I'm a Leafs fan...even though I know they'll let me down. They've been letting me down since before I was born. But still, it's my home team.

Bob Ross

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I bleed red....hell red, to be exact.
I'm a Devils fan to the bone, but some of my best friends are Rangers or Flyers fans....as well are some of the people I can't stand.

I go to college in Flyers country - right around Trenton, NJ. But I live 10 minutes from the Prudential Center in Newark.
I've developed a very bitter resentment towards Flyers fans, mainly because 8/10 of the fans I'm exposed to are ludicrously crude and..well stupid. My roommate, a Flyers "fan" rants and raves about the Flyers all the time, how they're so much better than the Devils and that since his team is better, he's a better fan than I am. I've been watching 10x longer than he has, and know about 100x more.
Through all this, and the episodes of 24/7, I've grown to like the Flyers players, but still have resentment towards the fans. Like I said though, there are good ones out there.

With the Rangers, my future roommate is a Rangers fan, who is similar to the Flyers roommate, but he actually knows stuff and can hold a logical argument (most of the time). This doesn't stop him from blurting out the childish "Brodeur is old" joke all of the time, and gets angry when anyone dares to insult or reveal the harsh truth about the Rangers.

It's a tough job, but the Devils need support down there, and I'm their guy.

What do you mean? There's nothing wrong with Philly fans...So long as you don't provoke them by doing something stupid; like inviting Santa Claus to wave to the kids in the crowd or not checking them to make sure they don't bring batteries to the event. :biggrin1:

btw: Maaaaaaaaarrrrrtttttyyyyy is old...The only reason his osteopourosis-ridden pelvis hasn't shattered stopping a slap shot this season is that his Depends provide enough extra padding:wink: jk, He is a legend

D_Marina_DelRhey

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bahah, I like you Bob Ross. (the real one, too!)

I actually just got back from the AHL Outdoor Classic in Philly yesterday...same ice as the Winter Classic.
It was a sea of Flyers gear....I was afraid to wear my Devils hat, I didn't want to get shot...but luckily, no one said anything. I was shocked! Maybe because no one noticed...
Though people did notice my jersey, which was from my college and happened to be the same color as the Bears' jerseys.....they didn't like that....

Bob Ross

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bahah, I like you Bob Ross. (the real one, too!)

I actually just got back from the AHL Outdoor Classic in Philly yesterday...same ice as the Winter Classic.
It was a sea of Flyers gear....I was afraid to wear my Devils hat, I didn't want to get shot...but luckily, no one said anything. I was shocked! Maybe because no one noticed...
Though people did notice my jersey, which was from my college and happened to be the same color as the Bears' jerseys.....they didn't like that....

I noticed the fans booed Oh, Canada during the Classic...Typical classy move.

I know you're not a Ranger fan but on a personal note it was borderline orgasmic to see the Flyers spoil their lead and lose...No matter how hard the refs tried to make it go into overtime...I still don't know what I was happier about: the Blueshirts winning or the Pumpkins losing

AchillesLastStand

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Im a Huge Rangers fan here!

i went to the winter classic and i wore my Rangers jersey very proudly....i got razzed the whole fuking day....nothing too serious

I had the last laugh when the Rangers beat the Flyers in front of 45,000 fans.........

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I voted for the Chicago Blackhawks because of their participation in the 2010 Chicago Gay Pride Parade in honor/memory of Brenden Burke. I considered voting for the Dallas Stars because they are my "home town" team but when I asked them to take a stand in Dallas they declined. At that time they were for sale and didn't want the distraction at a time that was already stressful. Otherwise, the response was surprisingly supportive.
Mark Cuban of the Mavericks is also supportive of gay folks publicly and privately.

D_Marina_DelRhey

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I noticed the fans booed Oh, Canada during the Classic...Typical classy move.

I know you're not a Ranger fan but on a personal note it was borderline orgasmic to see the Flyers spoil their lead and lose...No matter how hard the refs tried to make it go into overtime...I still don't know what I was happier about: the Blueshirts winning or the Pumpkins losing

I used to be a Ranger fan lol so as long as the Devils are in, I hate the Rangers. But if we're eliminated, the Rangers are my go to team..depending on who else is in.

But, naturally, I was all for the Rangers winning the classic. Nothing compares to the hatred I have for the Flyers/Philadelphia. My roommate complains all the time that I hate them, thinking that I shouldn't because they don't hate NJ.
But I NEVER liked Philly, even before I knew what a rivalry was. So seeing ANY Philly team lose, especially when they have a lead spoiled like they had happen, is spectacular.

D_Marina_DelRhey

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd just like to brag that I was able to get Evander Kane's autograph tonight lol.
I went to the rock to see the Devils play them. I was hoping to get Devils' autographs, but I found the Jets exiting the stadium and picked up Kane and Paul Postma's signatures on my ticket.