Nice candidate, GOP!

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Yes, but I was not about to play that card, as it would merely distract from the issue. One need know nothing whatever about me to understand what I wrote. Empathizer went on a tear attributing views to me that had no basis in what I had written.
Well I hope you don't mind I played it for you. It was just too tempting to resist. Plus I have Gentile cred. :biggrin2:

To be serious, all too often when people play the 'Jew card', or cards of a comparable face, it may give them a temporary advantage, but ultimately it just undermines their argument and perpetuates a stereotype. There's a certain irony in that, speaking of irony. And yes, I agree your meaning was abundantly clear.

Your question reminded me of this exchange:
Lord, I wish we could live in that world. Or should I say 'Yaweh'?

You've got it precisely wrong.
The more ridiculous the implicit premise seems to the listener, the funnier it is.
And Stewart can do this because he obviously is anything but weak.
When he utters these words, they seem totally absurd.
He weakens ... not strengthens ... the underlying stereotype.

I'm sure you're sincere, but I think you've lost your sense of perspective here.
^ This!

There is a world of difference between Stepin Fetchit and Amos and Andy on the one hand vs. Archie Bunker and Mel Brooks on the other. Intelligent people understand the distinction as well as the intent. Mr. Stewart's deliberately self-deprecating humor clearly lies in the latter realm. Will and Grace falls somewhere in the middle. I admit I have a hard time with that last one. Although I personally find it hysterically funny at times, when broadcast to a general audience I think it falls closer to Amos and Andy. imho.

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I'm not anti-democratic party but they tend to weaken the country and reward people for lazy behavior.
As enlightened as your observation is, what, pray tell, does it have to do with either the topic of the thread
OR the ensuing discussion?

Are you lost in the forum again making random ideological comments for the hell of it?

I'm not anti-democratic party but . . .
.:chairfall::lmao:

Last edited:

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A passer by might have gained the impression republican americans were hell bent on , er hell on earth, considering the number of wars they have started lately. Im not racist...but black guys have real nice bodies. Awful things stereotypes. A really amusing one I heard yesterday, all main UK party leaders are atheist leaning. Previous three were all catholics, but we decided on a change and threw them out. Trying a different party now, the public school toffs. Perhaps more seriously, there was a lovely tv exposee discussing how many are members of the camen islands company directors party.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lord, I wish we could live in that world. Or should I say 'Yaweh'?
Are you sure? I think eight children get killed as collateral damage from the big fight between Jesus and Santa Claus.

And no, you should not say "Yahweh," as uttering the divine name is a capital offense, as illustrated by this scene: "stoned for saying jehovah (life of brian)"

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Are you sure? I think eight children get killed as collateral damage from the big fight between Jesus and Santa Claus.
I know, but they're not really dead. Look.

And no, you should not say "Yahweh," as uttering the divine name is a capital offense, as illustrated by this scene: "stoned for saying jehovah (life of brian)"

Do you realize that we posted simultaneous Monty Python clips? Here.

But ya know, there's always hope if you just look on the bright side. :smile:

Last edited:

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As enlightened as your observation is, what, pray tell, does it have to do with either the topic of the thread
OR the ensuing discussion?

Are you lost in the forum again making random ideological comments for the hell of it?

.:chairfall::lmao:

Just having a little fun Max..... You have a problem with that?

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Just having a little fun Max..... You have a problem with that?
Please do tell us what was "fun'" about your comment. Poking at the "Libs"? :pokey:

It's irrelevant ideological idiocy, non sequitur, completely unrelated to the discussion.

In other words, typical trolling.

Last edited: