Nice going Israel

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The Israel - Palestine conflict began after WWII, and was not some on and off Jews vs Muslims conflict lasting 2,000 years. Muslims didn't even exist that long ago, for Islam was founded in the 7th century.
Thus Jews who made the latter choice actually lived in peaceful coexistence with Muslims in Muslim empires.

True and in fact the Jews expelled from Spain during the Inquisition were offered asylum and safe passage to the Ottoman empire by the Sultan. Thousands of Jews fled persecution in Europe over hundreds of years and came to Istanbul and prospered under the rule of the Sultans. Many have moved to Israel but many thousands remain in Turkey today. I do some business with a guy who's family came from Spain 500 years ago. He is a very funny and interesting combination of Jew and Turk.

This nonsense about Jews and Muslims battling for centuries is usually said by Americans in the context of, "Whadda gonna do? They've been going at it for thousands of years. we should nuke 'em." Or by the British when they want to forget about their own role in creating this mess of mideast politics.

The truth is, it is has been the Christians that have historically screwed the Jews and made war on the Muslims. Not the other way around.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A thread back from the dead.

The link gives one version of what has happened. There are other versions. Quite possibly the truth is a third version.

It is very hard to see how these "aid" shipments help the people of Gaza. There are much easier ways to get the aid into Gaza, ie through Israel. Rather they seem designed to create an incident. If Israel decides to allow them in, then the new route into Gaza will subsequently be used by others to take weapons into Gaza. As Gaza does not accept the right of Israel to exist, this poses real problems for Israel. It is very, very hard to see how Israel could do anything other than intercept ships seeking to dock in Gaza.

The problem is presumably about the level of force used. Indeed this is problematic. But once the ships have refused to co-operate (basically divert to Ashdod) then force must be used. And that gets messy. Israel does not know whether its military will be attacked as it boards the ships. People will get hurt. Ships will get damaged.

A century ago a nation enforcing a blockade would simply have sunk any ship that tried to breach the blockade. If the situation today is just injury, discomfort, inconvenience and damage to property then the world has moved a long way.

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
the easier way is through israel? They doesnt allow anyone to enter gaza... The only way is by sea

Just face it... Israel has a lot of problems. But they are not willing to change it... And there foreign politic is very bad

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
the easier way is through israel? They doesnt allow anyone to enter gaza... The only way is by sea

Just face it... Israel has a lot of problems. But they are not willing to change it... And there foreign politic is very bad

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The Israeli blockade means there is no access to Gaza by sea, and I don't think this has been breached. There is zero access by sea. Land frontiers are with Israel and Egypt. Aid enters Gaza through Israel after Israeli inspection. The ships were given the option of landing at Ashdod and their aid cargo being transported (after inspection) from there into Gaza. There are lots of problems with this system, but it would have got the aid to Gaza without the ugly confrontation. If the benefactors had as their primary option aid to Gaza surely they would work with the system in place, if appropriate putting international pressure on Israel to make the system work better.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Perados, I dont know what you are doing, but i think you need to research how come you keep getting double posts. Didnt someone post that cement is banned from Gaza because it may be used as a weapon? Im surprised water is allowed. The Gazans might throw stale bread too.

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i think its cause i post often with my mobile...

Who say it was israels right to start a blockade?

And the start of the aid ships was cause israel let realy no one in to gaza. That in special turkey still supports the ships is cause turkey will show that they will become THE new power in middle east. But that gives israel still not the right to enter a ship cause of a illegal blockade

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A way to help the people of Gaza is to work with Israel to get aid in. Israel is sensitive to world opinion. A lot could be done.

A way to harm the people of Gaza is to try to run the blockade and rachet up the tension.

There is a lot illegal in the situation. Yes the blockade probably is illegal (though a nation can justify breaking a lot of laws when its own people are at risk of attack). But the administration of Gaza is illegal too because of its support for terrorism and its refusal to recognise the existence of Israel.

The way forward has to be through negotiation, discussion, agreement and people changing their views. The actions of those seeking to break the blockade are deeply damaging, to the people of both Gaza and Israel.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
French president says Israeli prime minister is a liar, and US President says he has it worse.

"I can't stand him any more, he's a liar," Mr Sarkozy said in French.
"You may be sick of him, but me, I have to deal with him every day," Mr Obama replied.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
French president says Israeli prime minister is a liar, and US President says he has it worse.

"I can't stand him any more, he's a liar," Mr Sarkozy said in French.
"You may be sick of him, but me, I have to deal with him every day," Mr Obama replied.

What's your source, Dandelion?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's been all over the news today. CNN, BBC, Al Jizz have all had stories on it. Apparently their mics were on before or after a press conference and some journalists heard it.

I can't abide Netanyahu either. But this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

AmiralMauth

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am not sure if Netanyahu is a liar or not, but what I do know is that he would like to force me to spend money, and, if needed, shed blood for a state that wouldn't treat me properly because I happen to be of non-Jewish, Middle Eastern heritage. The Hell with him.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not in the least anti-semitic, but I cannot agree with the current Lukid/Bibi administration in Israel.