Nice Guy Syndrome

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Big Al, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Big Al

Gold Member

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Ever treated a woman like a princess, only to be told "I like you as a friend," and then watched as she rode off into the sunset with a real douche-bag? Well, you're not alone. Unfortunately, nice guys are underappreciated and women miss out on men who are real gems because of it. [/FONT][/FONT]

Article continued HERE (As per the forum rules)

2. fortiesfun

Gold Member

Time inevitably fixes this one. Just keep your eye on the princess and her douche-bag for a while to see how it turns out... Always the same. You are better off, and you usually get a wonderful sense of Schadenfreude out of it.

3. D_Tintagel_Demondong

A friend once told me, "treat a princess like a whore and a whore like a princess."

4. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

That is excellent advice :tongue:

5. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

I wish I had a dollar for every time I was told this. Never have understood it, probably never will. I've just started looking at it as their loss.

6. invisibleman

Gold Member

You don't have to be nice all the time. Women aren't always nice. Men don't have to be nice all the time. It is a trade off. It is human.

7. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  8. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I've never understood the fascination with "bad boys" that a lot of women have. I've never had that. I've always looked for guys who were nice and kind. (And even with that I've dated a few assholes! But oh well... I didn't go out looking for the bad boy type, though, that's for sure! Sometimes you just never know until you start dating someone...)

9. Principessa

Gold Member

You need new friends, cause that is LOUSY advice. :mad:

:mad: It's excellent advice for men who want to be alone the rest of their lives. This site must be the male version of TheFrisky.com, cause everything dealing with dating and relationships is a crock o' crap. :irked:

10. Fleur

Gold Member

Same here...don't get the fascination...also guys tend to forget that "nice girls" finish last too...:rolleyes:

11. B_kattygonebyebyes

B_kattygonebyebyes New Member

Albums:
    I have the same problem whatireallywant sweet, funny geeky guys turn me on, but some how some of them change down the line.

12. Fleur

Gold Member

Um, coming from a girl who dated a sweet, funny geeky guy (computer nerd) for over 5 years...he totally changed down the line into a sour, rude, crass guy.....seems to be a phenomenon or something. I'm going to guess that he was always the latter either that or once I started helping him come out of his shell/be more social...he decided he could be an ass...he didn't move on to anyone better...trust me. I've seen what his wife looks like, and it gives me dry heaves.

My shrink says that guys like "that" are comfortable with mediocrity...and when faced with a challenge they get "ugly" personality-wise...that and he probably dated "down" and dumped me because he felt like he'd never be able to hang on to me...which is true. I was just too nice to beat him to dumping him first.

And no I'm not bitter...more happy that I dodged a bullet.

13. Ramsey

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm a nice guy and I find this to be true. But since I'm not a girl, I bet they feel the same way, we men just don't see it. I seem to keep attracting women that have been in shitty pasts though, still haven't figured that one out.

14. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow...ya'll just need to be a bit more selective. Find you a good southern guy...our mommas raised us right. I've always been one to believe...you treat people the way you want to be treated. Never lessen your worth by letting someone treat you like crap.

15. Principessa

Gold Member

Amen Sister! If his wife is okay with his cheating and lying she can have him. I'm not used to that and I have no intention of becoming used to that.:cool:

Bull Shit! Just left a relationship with a Georgian by way of Texas. He was a gentleman, always opened my door, pulled out my chair, even let me pick the songs on the waffle house jukebox.:tongue: but when the deal went down, he was a lying, cheater.

16. invisibleman

Gold Member

I got that as a saying in my fortune cookie.

17. invisibleman

Gold Member

Or maybe the end of the world is nigh!

:smile::biggrin1:

18. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    well he took you to Waffle House on a date....that should have been a sign!!! *i secretly love the pancake trailer* shhhhh lol

19. Fleur

Gold Member

Speaking of liars and cheaters...there are a lot of married people (men and women) that I've run into personally on here (not all married people on here are bad) who use this place as an outlet to "cyber cheat" or worse instead of working on their marriage or getting a divorce...I've made it a point to not get involved with that crap. I'll not knowingly mess around with a married person or encourage such selfish and immature behavior...believe me...I've recently learned first hand that these people know just what to say to 'get you'...and then pretend they have no idea what you're talking about...

Since I'm mostly straight--it's the married women that really piss me off. You HAVE someone already...leave your sluttiness/lying/cheating elsewhere...imo. If you're married and separated fine..but if you're doing it 'in secret' blah...I could make a whole fuckin' thread full of how disgusting cheating is...

Same goes for the guys too who do this though...

Guess I'm fed up with the "I like my cake and I FUCKING LOVE TO EAT IT TOO" kind of people...

#19 Fleur, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  20. invisibleman

Gold Member

Really?! Why that iPod lover!! :rolleyes:

Now, when you go to the Waffle House you can really pick out your own songs off of the Waffle House jukebox.

Draft saved Draft deleted