Nice Personality = UGLY?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread was inspired by, superlarge's thread:
Perception: very nice guy = small/average dick.

For eons it seems that if you described a woman as being, smart, funny, great body, loves football etc. your single male friend is likely to be interested in meeting her. Throw in that she has a great personality and he will run for the hills so fast your head will spin.

Are men really that shallow? Do guys not want a woman with a nice personality? What's the deal men? :confused:

What can we say that will mean the woman has a great personality but is not butt ugly?

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the same can be said about many girls but backwards

a guy can be okay looking but if his personalty sucks he is screwed

bad boys are usually the guys that get the most chicks

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the same can be said about many girls but backwards. a guy can be okay looking but if his personalty sucks he is screwed. bad boys are usually the guys that get the most chicks

What you said makes no sense to me. :confused: Are you saying that men are more shallow and care more about looks than the substance of a person? Women love a man with a good personality. This is why you often see hot women with average or less than average looking men.

For the record Bad Boys are often charismatic, suave, and even debonair. They have PERSONALITY! Think Fonzi on Happy Days, black leather jacket, motorcycle, high school dropout and personality out the wazoo.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what i mean is that personality is more important to woman than to guys

and looks are more important to guys than to girls in general terms.

many girls prefer bad boys over nice guys because nice guys often bore them . my point is that guys are more visual and woman look to another things beside physical looks. not always of course but just talking in general terms.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
For the record Bad Boys are often charismatic, suave, and even debonair. They have PERSONALITY! Think Fonzi on Happy Days, black leather jacket, motorcycle, high school dropout and personality out the wazoo.
Are you serious...? :confused:

And that's what all girls want, right? Horrid.

And then girls get mad because guys want a bad girl.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've known several women who aren't that great looking, but they had awesome personalities that more than make up for it.

I've known several women who are drop dead gorgeous, but their personalities are exactly like that of a badger that you poked with a stick and forced him out of his hole. I refer to those types as "she ain't pretty, she just looks that way.

Then there are the rare few (like njqt ) that have both personality, good looks, and what really gets me is a true CLASS ACT!! (which is really HAWT!!) :biggrin1:

For me, personality has a lot to do with it. Not into the "trophy" thing.
Cute, awesome personality, and a class act will *ALWAYS* get my attention. (i'll be standing at attention, too!! :biggrin1: )

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what i mean is that personality is more important to woman than to guys. and looks are more important to guys than to girls in general terms. Isn't that what I said? :confused: many girls prefer bad boys over nice guys because nice guys often bore them. my point is that guys are more visual and woman look to another things beside physical looks. not always of course but just talking in general terms.

tallbig, I think we are are having a men are from mars and women are from venus moment. :tongue: We seem to be saying the same thing but in different ways and completely missing the others meaning. :smile::tongue:

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
tallbig, I think we are are having a men are from mars and women are from venus moment. :tongue: We seem to be saying the same thing but in different ways and completely missing the others meaning. :smile::tongue:

yea i know what you mean very often guys dont understand girls and viceversa( and girls dont understand guys)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Then there are the rare few (like njqt ) that have both personality, good looks, and what really gets me is a true CLASS ACT!! (which is really HAWT!!) :biggrin1: Why thank you cowboy! I never tire of receiving compliments from LPSG's finest men. :wink: For me, personality has a lot to do with it. Not into the "trophy" thing. Cute, awesome personality, and a class act will *ALWAYS* get my attention. (i'll be standing at attention, too!! :biggrin1: )
Hahaha so that wasn't a gun in your pocket and you were just happy to see me.

I've gotta say no on this one. Personality is the result of waaaaaaaaay more than just attractiveness. Environment, education, parents, probably genetics, personal trauma and other dramatic events, disabilities, etc etc etc.
I know that. :smile: My point was that if someone were to set you up on a blind date with a woman and say that she has a great personality most men would assume she was ugly.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think this is true for women too. I know it's true for me (but then I'm always getting accused of "thinking like a man" :biggrin1:). Of course, I don't like the whole gender stereotyping thing anyway...

I knew some people who tried to set me up on a blind date and said that he had a great personality. First thing I thought - he must be UGLY!!! (and later in the conversation, the truth came out that he was, in fact, ugly... I did not ever meet the guy. Yeah....looks matter to me.)

However, in a situation other than being set up (or people trying to set me up) on blind dates, what I look for in a man is both good looks and a nice personality. That combination does definitely exist. I have never gone for the "bad boy" type at all.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
It's funny how some words have become code words for certain traits. I once described a girl I was dating as "voluptuous*" to a friend of mine, and when he later met her, he told me that he was surprised - he had expected her to be very overweight, when in fact she had an hourglass figure with wide hips and large breasts.

Yet another reason to dislike subjective terms... :wink:

* voluptuous - Definitions from Dictionary.com. Note the definitions, and then note the content of the "sponsored links". Ironic.

You aren't ugly and you have a nice personality. Guess it's not true.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
This thread is kind of mixed. If you thought about it, there's the reverse, which is "Good looking= ugly personality"...

And I've seen that, been there and hope to never deal with it again.

It's hard to find the sane ones, the good looking ones and the healhy ones...God love you if you have all three in one body that you want to love and it loves back.

kremlinq

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
80% of a mans attraction switches are set to respond to a womans replication value, whereas 80% of a womans attraction switches are set to respond to a mans survival value. :biggrin1: