Nicest compliment

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Dave NoCal, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    What was the nicest compliment someone gave you? In my case it seems pretty clear. It was a few years ago and by someone I had known for well over twenty years. And granted we had been drinking all night. He said:
    "You are the kindest person I've ever known." I can still hear him. Thank you GP!

2. D_Herman_Smellville

D_Herman_Smellville New Member

I always get compliments from people who say I have a lot of potential and that they see something in me. Those are the best.

3. jjsjr

Gold Member

Albums:
    It was a leader in my community who sent me an email personally to tell me that I was both admirable and her inspiration.

4. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    I knew I was in trouble when I turned 30 and realized the nicest thing anyone ever said to me was, "Wow, you have really neat handwriting!".....

But since I joined LPSG and Just Us Boys, I've received some very nice compliments about my personality (mainly my sense of humour) and my looks (mainly my mouth/lips).

#4 willow78, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  5. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    I find Acknowledgement of a persons existence a most favoured compliment.
    working both ways, of course.

on another heartfelt memorable occasion .....
    from an 8 year old niece, 15 odd years ago...
    'Words of encouragement'
    she went on, to write a short meaningful childs poem.
    the sheer simplicity of it all

6. _Jonesy

_Jonesy Member

I have never taken compliments that well because of self-esteem issues. I am quite self-concious about appearing unintelligent so anybody who says I am articulate, wise or intelligent make me feel much better about myself.

I never dig for compliments and males aren't meant to need it by way of stereotype however, I do need to be told somebody loves me. Nobody i have met really have done, probably best as I attach myself to them too much.

7. B_prettyswinggirl

B_prettyswinggirl New Member

It was 12 years ago and I was with my family in Washington DC for a White house reception. I had my then 4 year old daughter, my 3 month old son and my husband with me. We were in the mall sitting down for a quick bite to eat and an older couple comes over to me and compliments me on how lovely my little family was and just how much pleasure they had listening to me interact with my daughter and husband.

They wished us a wonderful evening and went on their way. I've never been more complimented in my life.

#7 B_prettyswinggirl, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  8. nudeyorker

Gold Member

"You have the longest reddest nails in all of Bergdorf Goodman!" (jk) mine is too personal to share.

9. dolfette

Gold Member

you're the best mum in the world.

10. Sword_of_Damocles

Sword_of_Damocles New Member

"You're fucking awesome. Seriously. I suspect you don't hear that as often as you should, but you are. I feel like a better person just knowing you."

She said it to me completely out of the blue. I think that's why it's stuck with me over the years. Totally spontaneous and completely sincere. I've had relationships with women who didn't make me feel half as special as I did when she said that.

11. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

I had a friend tell me I was a honest, sincere, fair person, that I never forgot somebody I once I met them. what he meant was I was not so stuck up that I didn't talk to people I went to grade school, high school with no matter how kind or unkind life had treated us. he had fellow former classmates and friends ignore him completely just because he drove a truck for a living. they were white collar, doctors and lawyers, etc. they didn't look down their nose at him, they didn't even look at him. I had had the same experience to a lesser degree.

12. need2bsexy2

need2bsexy2 Active Member

Albums:
    I have had quite a few over the years. I have kept a file so I wouldn't forget what was said. Here is a copy of my file, BTW, these are all females comments.

Look at you, you’re huge!!!
    My God, you’re even bigger than your pictures.
    You know, you’re bigger limp than most guys are hard.
    That’s because you’re sooo big!
    You have the most beautiful penis I have ever seen.
    You’re so big!
    Very nice, much bigger than my hubby.
    Oh! You have a nice one! I love the gentle curve.
    Oh my!

13. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was reluctant to be the dept head at work. The last couple people just got fed up and stopped doing it. A colleague came up to me and said "You must do this job. You are moral and have the strongest sense of right and wrong of anyone I have known. You are always fair." It kind of took me back because I do see this in myself but never thought anyone else did. Somehow, while it was a compliment, I felt very humbled in hearing it.

14. Catharsis

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My nieces have told me that I would make a good dad.

I don't think any other compliment from any one else have come close to that, yet.

15. jump_start

jump_start Member

Albums:
    My best friend said this:

You deserve the best that life can give you. Of all the things you do for other people and all that you've done for me over the years, the LEAST you deserve is more than you'll probably ever get. I can't say that about anyone else I know. Love you, man.

That was written in a birthday card accompanying my birthday gift from him: an $800 Movado wristwatch.

You'd be surprised just how much words can impact one's life.

16. Incocknito

Gold Member

"You're amazing"

17. B_debonair87

B_debonair87 New Member

well i get complimented on my looks all the time but i love when people compliment my intelligence and character especially if they're stuff i never even realized about myself.

some good ones would be intellectually curious and tenacious.

18. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    From someone at my school reunion:

"I wish I could grow a beard like yours."

I don't think she'll manage it somehow.....

From a hairdresser:

"Your hair colour is very popular

.....with elderly women."

19. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

When I was the director of an agency in town, one of the employees who'd watched me through personnel issues came to me one day and said, "You are the most fair person I've met. You have a way to make people feel good about themselves even when you let them go."

Now that I'm no longer working there... occasionally I will run into a former employee or board member. I've gotten several hugs and a "we really miss you" whispered in my ear.

That's pretty good on the working side of life. On a more personal note, when my daughter became an adult, she said, "You are really a good mom, I just didn't know it when I was younger."

20. NYHoti

NYHoti Member

Albums:
    I never took compliments very well until I had read somewhere that if you don't accept a compliment, you are in a way insulting that person who gave you the compliment.
    Recently, a date told me I had a really great smile. Sounds stupid but it meant alot to me because it was a sweet compliment.

Draft saved Draft deleted