Nickelback

Nickelback

• They suck like any other stupid pop-rock band, but they're kinda whatever, there's much worse.

Votes: 49 47.1%
  • They suck harder than anyone, they are at the same level as f'in Maroon 5.

Votes: 55 52.9%

• Total voters

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
BigPoppaFury said:
I had to sit through an entire set by Nickelback two weeks ago when they opened for Bon Jovi over here.

oh man that's terrible. You should have chucked something at them like the guys in Portugal in the video I posted a link to above. Apparently if you nail one of them in the head then they'll leave. :biggrin1:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
TexAssgirl said:
I actually think the lyrics to Figured You Out are pretty damn funny:

i like your pants around your feet
i like the dirt that's on your knees
i like the way you still say please
while your looking up at me
your like my favorite damn disease

i love the places that we go
i love the people that you know
i love the way you can't say no
too many long nights in a row
i love the powder on your nose

and now i know who you are
it wasnt that hard
just to figure u out

it wasnt that hard
just to figure u out

i like the freckles on your chest
i like the way u like me best
i like the way your not impressed
while u put me to the test
i like the wine stains on your dress

i love the way u pass the check
i love the good times that u wreck
i love your lack of self respect
when you're past out on the deck
i love my hands around your neck

now i know who you are
it wasn't that hard
just to figure u out

it wasn't that hard
just to figure u out

i like your pants around your feet
i like the dirt that's on your knees
i like the way you still say please
while your looking up at me
your like my favorite damn disease

and i hate the places that we go
i hate the people that you know
i hate the way you can't say no
too many long nights in a row
i hate the powder on your nose
yeah, the way they change like to hate for the last verse of the song is sooooo clever. (spoken in a heavy Lebanese accent- for anyone who watches the Daily Show)

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
madame_zora said:
Ian, I LOVE these guys, nobody realises how tongue-in-cheek their lyrics are. There's nothing funnier on earth than seeing them play someplace like Cincinnati and having all those skinheads mouthing along lyrics to songs they don't understand, when I know so many are about gay sex. haha.

They're actually not terrible musicians, and they get props for being so easy on the eyes.

Rammstien makes me giggle. tho I don't speak German. They're still funny. and I'm not being sarcastic.. I actually dig them. I just find German goth metal funny. Good stuff to sing along to. I guess I may unwittingly be singing about gay sex as well.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I only recently heard from a friend who went to see a Bon Jovi concert, and couldn't have emphathized his distaste for Nickleback's opening for them more, since we practically hate Nickleback about the same.

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
I didn't like either of these options... I actually like Maroon 5 more than Nickelback... at the same time... there's probably one or two bands out there who suck harder than Nickelback. I just can't think of them right now.
I like people that suck hard... unless they're sucking on my balls, that hurts.

Performers should only suck while on their knees. OK, I'll let them suck while their heads are hanging over the edge of the bed too.

I think that all boy bands (or at least the ones my boyfriends little sister tortures us with) are worse than Nickelback; on the upside, I think that their vain attempts at singing has enabled their lung capacity to compensate for their other oratorical deficiencies.

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
BigPoppaFury said:
I really love that this thread is still going. It means I'm not alone in my hatred.
I reserve my hatred for more veil carbon based life forms, like Celery Dijon and the Los Vegas warbling francophile show. What I have for Nickelback is disdain.

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IanTheTall said:
I reserve my hatred for more veil carbon based life forms, like Celery Dijon and the Los Vegas warbling francophile show. What I have for Nickelback is disdain.

Celine Dion is right up there with Nickelback for me

Wilde316

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No offense to everyone here and I know it will make me an outsider but Nickelback doesn't suck any worse than a million crappy ass bands out there. every day I here the radio playing a million different songs all of which might or might not suck but many of which not only suck but also blow. There are so many bands and singers out there that focussing on just one such as Nickelback is unfair, its like saying that all country music sucks, unfortunately for everyone here it doesn't. Kid Rock sucks to many, to others he's great, as for music talent he's actually quite good. Mike Jackson is a child molestor and while that makes him in the same catagory as dog crap, musically he had many gifts. Nickelback made hard rock cool again, at a time when options were few, this may hurt for you to hear but just because Chad cant sing doesn't mean they suck it means you dont like him. If you dont like Nickelback dont listen do what I do when I hear that bitch no talent air head Shania Twain come on the radio, turn the station, or shoot the radio, whichever suits you.

Oh yes and as for true bands that suck massive ass, if you can say that nickelback is destroying music, I can say that The Darkness have nuked it beyond all recognition.

Wilde "who might be a closet nickelback fan"

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wilde316 said:
No offense to everyone here and I know it will make me an outsider but Nickelback doesn't suck any worse than a million crappy ass bands out there. every day I here the radio playing a million different songs all of which might or might not suck but many of which not only suck but also blow. There are so many bands and singers out there that focussing on just one such as Nickelback is unfair, its like saying that all country music sucks, unfortunately for everyone here it doesn't. Kid Rock sucks to many, to others he's great, as for music talent he's actually quite good. Mike Jackson is a child molestor and while that makes him in the same catagory as dog crap, musically he had many gifts. Nickelback made hard rock cool again, at a time when options were few, this may hurt for you to hear but just because Chad cant sing doesn't mean they suck it means you dont like him. If you dont like Nickelback dont listen do what I do when I hear that bitch no talent air head Shania Twain come on the radio, turn the station, or shoot the radio, whichever suits you.

Oh yes and as for true bands that suck massive ass, if you can say that nickelback is destroying music, I can say that The Darkness have nuked it beyond all recognition.

Wilde "who might be a closet nickelback fan"

It's not a matter of opinion and here's why:

You might think the Darkness suck, but there is no denying that they at least have a love for the music they are playing. Nickleback are destroying music because there is no love, no feeling, the passion is plastic and the motivation is money. They aren't a packaged boy band where it's SUPPOSED to be like that, they're a mock rock band who get away with the blandest music possible while continuing their awful masquerade as genuine. Rock bands are made up of rock fans who got lucky, sure they might change image and style to sell more, but at the root of it they always wanted that life and they still love the music they play (perhaps aside from U2, who loved music until they realised they could make money by being self righteous despite the fact that the cost of their tour could feed a starving country for a year). Nickleback are a rock band made up of money fans who got lucky. You only need to listen to them to work it out- they probably have smaller CD collections than most of their fans do. Where's the love? As someone who cares about rock music I feel there are many bands out there doing it wrong, but there's never been a band that make me fear for the future of rock music quite as much (though Creed came close).

There's a difference between bands that love what they do and suck and bands that don't care either way.

TorontoDude

Just Browsing
Media
on behalf of the nation of Canada, please accept my apologies for Nickelback. :tongue:

seriously though, I feel the same about them as I do Our Lady Peace -- I switch stations when they come on the radio, they annoy the blue fuck outta me, but I don't care if other people like 'em. God knows I like and have bought enough bad music. haha

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
TorontoDude said:
on behalf of the nation of Canada, please accept my apologies for Nickelback. :tongue:

seriously though, I feel the same about them as I do Our Lady Peace -- I switch stations when they come on the radio, they annoy the blue fuck outta me, but I don't care if other people like 'em. God knows I like and have bought enough bad music. haha

No need to apologize, Rush are from Canada and their greatness far outstrips the crimes towards music perpetrated by N********k. Your country isn't in the artistic red just yet :biggrin1:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
BigPoppaFury said:
No need to apologize, Rush are from Canada and their greatness far outstrips the crimes towards music perpetrated by N********k.

Way cool. I don't have any strong feelings about Nickelback one way or the other but I always liked Rush.

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
SpeedoGuy said:
Way cool. I don't have any strong feelings about Nickelback one way or the other but I always liked Rush.

I feel in honour of Spladle's passing we should ressurect a thread that not only makes ME happy, but in four pages perfectly sums up why I liked the guy.

But mostly it's because I really REALLY hate Nickelback.