Nickname change: how many members changed it and why???

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
I ve just changed my nick from bottoman to mystic wolf 'cause it was pretty misunderstood.. people assumed I was gay whereas I am 100% str8... I like my new nickname instead and from what I'm seeing people like it too...
I was wondering how many members changed their nicks and why...

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
An invention of Pecker's I would imagine.

Members can't delete their own accounts so if someone wants to leave the site they have to request that their account be disabled. As an extra precaution, lest google make a link to the old username, it gets changed. The amusing nature of the names is why I suspect this duty falls to Pecker.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I ve just changed my nick from bottoman to mystic wolf 'cause it was pretty misunderstood.. people assumed I was gay whereas I am 100% str8... I like my new nickname instead and from what I'm seeing people like it too...
I was wondering how many members changed their nicks and why...

I'm very happy with my name, I don't think I will ever change it. I think a lot of people, like you, decide the name isn't appropriate to them and their personality. So, a change is called for. I imagine others simply grow bored of their name and feel like a change. :smile:

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
Mystic Wolf is a much cooler name.

I changed my name because I was bored with my old one.
But a lot of people didn't twig to the change at all.
They thought I had disappeared.
They should be so lucky.
;-)

LOL!! first time I went in videochat after changing my nick , dominatricks didn't recognize me at first and it was amusing to joke a bit with her and others that btw loved the good old botto... Even in my case somebody could have thought I have gone away but they should be so lucky! I'm still here and with a brand new nick that doesn't allow people to misunderstood my sex orientation :D

P.S. love your avatar! R.De Niro is one of my favourite actors!

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media

Members can't delete their own accounts so if someone wants to leave the site they have to request that their account be disabled. As an extra precaution, lest google make a link to the old username, it gets changed. The amusing nature of the names is why I suspect this duty falls to Pecker.

I've always been wondering about how your nick is born...

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
LOL!! first time I went in videochat after changing my nick , dominatricks didn't recognize me at first and it was amusing to joke a bit with her and others that btw loved the good old botto... Even in my case somebody could have thought I have gone away but they should be so lucky! I'm still here and with a brand new nick that doesn't allow people to misunderstood my sex orientation :D
Yes. Your other name really would create the wrong impression.

P.S. love your avatar! R.De Niro is one of my favourite actors!
Good stuff, MW.

BTW, are you Italian? (I see you live in Italy.)
I ask because your English is so idiomatic. On your texts alone, I would have sworn you were from Canada or the U.S.

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
Yes. Your other name really would create the wrong impression.

Good stuff, MW.

BTW, are you Italian? (I see you live in Italy.)
I ask because your English is so idiomatic. On your texts alone, I would have sworn you were from Canada or the U.S

yes I'm from italy and italian! I like english culture and language and my target is to speak it as well as my mother language... I learn english everyday in sites and forums like this and I think I use an idiomatic form of english... hope I write well btw... where are you from???

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

You would be correct in the suspicion... Lacking Peckers imagination and flare for humorous name creation, I generally type the first thing that comes to mind, something I can see on my desk (I believe we have several stationary items knocking around somewhere - though for obvious reasons, I avoid names involving pencils!) or the last word I heard in what ever song/movie I'm listing to when I close an account.

It isn't always an easy task and more than once we've had complaints from the former members because they've read far more into the chosen name than was intended!

I changed my name for personal reasons, came up with the new one after bouncing ideas around with Pecker and ending up on a random flower website...

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lacking Peckers imagination and flare for humorous name creation...

I was sad to see humo(u)rous spelt without a 'U'. Then I realised that would be the wrong spelling. (or is it?) I'm confused now. I need food. :biggrin1:

I don't need to say anything :smile:

No, no you don't! :tongue:

Last edited:

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I was sad to see humourous spelt without a 'U'. :biggrin1:

It was originally with a "u" however after 5+ years here with those annoying red squiggles popping up every time I use British spellings I decided to switch to the American dictionary and conform like a good girl... Now I get those squiggles when I use English spellings, but at least I've stopped questioning myself :biggrin1:

Edit: I'm not talking to Drifter, he's just going to twist anything I say... Meanie!

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was originally with a "u" however after 5+ years here with those annoying red squiggles popping up every time I use British spellings I decided to switch to the American dictionary and conform like a good girl... Now I get those squiggles when I use English spellings, but at least I've stopped questioning myself :biggrin1:

Lucky you! I'm questioning myself terribly! I edited my last post about 4 times. :rolleyes: My brain is frazzled. :tongue:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I wish I was canadian too! you are lucky!! with all that lakes and heavenly landscapes... Italy is so "flat"...
True. But you can take anything for granted after a while.
(And you have the Apennines and the Ligurian Alps, no?)

MW, if you want to PM me at some point, feel free.
Probably better that than speaking to each other in open thread.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
When I first signed up here, my ID was "fantasize4men". I was just starting to face my same sex attraction, and still spent most of my time denying it.

Over the next year or so, the struggles and denial caused me to make some poor choices that ended up not only making my life difficult, but hurt others in the process. This why you will see me stressing honesty to others in relationships. There is no judging, just hoping that I can prevent others from making the same mistakes and heartache that I experienced.

When I started accepting (and consequently, liking) who I was, the old ID would remind me of the pain that I had caused. "Countryguy63" pretty much describes me with my birth year included.

ID's can definitely give the wrong impression. I noticed soon after changing, that the reactions of others towards me became much more open and friendly. I didn't change, but others first impression of me, based on my ID changed. I think they thought I was some sort of a closet pervert, and now they know I'm an open pervert :biggrin1: